History of mixed couples in USA

NOT a /pol/ thread, srsly. Asking from Veeky Forums stuff.

I want to get an actual picture of the history of mixing in the USA. AFAIK mixing with natives was relatively common and even as a token of "royalty" in some cases (ie Matoaka/Pocahontas) and mixing with black people wasn't rare either. Besides the european immigration post WW2 it seems that USA was no different in mixing than, say, Uruguay where the average white person has some native/black admixture.

/pol/turds say that racemixing is a new phenomena but for what I get racial segregation wasn't even the norm in USA originally and was even restricted to a sole period that is even small compared to the total timespan of the USA.

Is there any reading or anything to get a real picture of miscegenation in USA without retarded one drop rule or another supremacist (either white or black) vias?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WXrVUZZ5Ing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(14)00476-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It obviously happened, otherwise they wouldn't need laws against it. Depending on time and place it ranges from "Weird, but to each his own" to "REEEEE I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU FOR FALLING IN LOVE!!!!". The average person would just be mean to you if you were a stranger.

absent mass-immigration, and/or very large minority populations, it would probably be totally irrelevant.

Also, OP, miscegenation is an idiotic word, at least in this context.

The very first Asian groups in 19th Century America (namely Flips and Chinks) pretty much married whites (mostly Irish) because they pretty much have no choice since they a superminority and were mostly male.

Irish women managed to marry these people since anti-Catholicism was so high at the time no one else among the WASPs would marry them.

But where does the race obsession comes from? Is it a post war thing? For what I've read the founding fathers only wanted anglos to settle in USA, they disliked even the germans.

> Also, OP, miscegenation is an idiotic word, at least in this context.
English is not my first language, sorry. Which word would be the appropiate?

Interesting

>English is not my first language, sorry. Which word would be more appropriate?

No worries, it is a word that is commonly used in this context. It's just the "mis" is a negative prefix, but we shouldn't assume that interracial coupling is inherently wrong and the children are inherently inferior.

I would just say interracial couples, personally.

Everyone hates everyone, that's how the world is. And back in the day you could be openly tribal and nobody cared. My great-grandad told my grandad about getting chased and beaten up in the polish neighborhood for being an italian. It was like /pol/'s dreamworld IRL. My old boss was a west african and he'd casually joke about how people from villages only a few miles apart would consider each other utterly subhuman scum.

Human nature is horrific when left unchecked.

>But where does the race obsession comes from? Is it a post war thing?
I think the obsession with race in the U.S. is largely the result of slavery. You had several white European colonies with large black African populations who made up a permanent lower caste, with the races almost 100% separated. Social norms developed (and were probably encouraged) to rationalize this system. Also worth noting that the U.S. grew under a white supremacist ideology, and we literally launched a successful Generalplan West against the Natives.

Uruguay genocided its natives. Few people retain some mixed native ascendancy. No pure natives remained.

t. Uruguayan

It begins. You guys are worse than the argies.

Sounds accurate. The "we vs they" might be the root.

Mixing unavoidably happens, no full genocide ever happens, always a few remain and get mixed.

I in fact visited your country (Montevideo and Cologna) and uruguayans look no different than argentinians. Some mixing indeed had happened.

Only 13% of the population retain native ascendancy. Very few compared to what OP suggest. And many of those so diluted that you can't tell. We are not argies larping as white. My skin tone is not white. But I do not have native ascendancy.

youtu.be/WXrVUZZ5Ing

> We are not argies larping as white.
You are argies in denial tbqh

I had an ancestor who was the product of an interracial marriage in the 1820s.

pic related, his mother was a Cherokee Indian

Thank god we are not argies. You can see many of them here jn Montevideo. They fled the shitshow they created. (on a side note the number of Venezuelans here is increasing rapidly)

>implying there's a difference between different flavours of beaners

Here's something that has always confused me. Why was being part native more acceptable than being part black? Weren't they both considered inferior by whites?

But there is. Cubans don't look like Ecuadorians, and Dominicans don't look like Mexicans. Most people from Central and South American countries (at least the ones with negligible black populations) tend to look the same, however.

It depends on where you're talking specifically, but Natives were considered superior to blacks but inferior or "different but equal-ish" once Noble savagery became popular. Ultimately it's the difference to being related to a patronized but exotic/fetishized population to being related to slaves.

Interracial marriage while looked down upon in many instances was also not illegal in many states.

Up until the civil war it was legal for black and mixed men to marry white women in alabama and Mississippi.

People think Jim Crow is old, it isn't and people should really more.

Dudes dicked their slaves on the regular, I saw it in a movie once. Then you get a next generation of slaves to be your property also. Was pretty hot desu.

Probably because blacks were SLAVES and the indians just a bunch of guys who are stopping you from having more land.

Pre-civil rights 3% of marriages in the US were mixed race and most of them were US male sailors and Pacific Islander or Asian women.

>NASTY BRUTISH SHORT
wtf I love leviathans now

There's one thing I don't understand as a non-American. Why does everybody ignore the elephant in the room that is the fact that there's a lot of white blood in black people?

Because ameritards love identity politics. Same reason why I don't understand why they perceive mexicans and southern americans as some sort of oppressed "native" minority, they're all spaniard bastards of various degrees. Broad ethnic umbrellas like white, black or hispanic are fucking retarded. You're all mutts and you're all americans, just stfu already.

The thinking was (and is) any black ancestry = You're black

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

Racemixing was literally illegal until the 60s you dumbass libshit.

Mmm yes.

Reminder that Obama is half-white and everybody ignores that fact.

So americans were retarded since day 1?

It was not illegal to fuck your slaves

Slavery was basically the (fatal) design flaw of this country.

He was completely raised by whites too

>Broad ethnic umbrellas like white, black or hispanic are fucking retarded. You're all mutts and you're all americans, just stfu already.
Yeahhhhh nahhhh it's really not that simple no matter how much you wish it was, we don't even have to get into black Americans generally having little loyalty to America as an ideal (whether or not they should is a different conversation altogether) or mention that third generation Mexicans still considers themselves Mexican first and American a distant second

Only in the deep south.There were several states where it was legal since pretty much the end of the Civil War.

Funny because I'm mexican-mexican living in Mexico and I don't consider chicANOs mexican. Let alone human beings. In fact nobody likes them here.

They're okay. The ones fresh off the boat eeking out a living doing land scaping or whatever.

Either way america has become too atomized and deconstructed to be passed around as a real identity at this point, it's basically just become am economic exclusion zone at this point.

>this is what americans look like

Then you're an idiot. Absolutely no one sees them as Americans. They don't even see themselves as Americans.

>mfw

They were born in your country> they have american citizenship> they grow up in USA = they are americans whether they like it or not

Le I'm X american meme should die. You all are, plain and simply, americans.

You're a retard
It's misc- Latin, mix + genation

>You all are, plain and simply, americans.
Nobody looks at it that way. Not even Tex Mex Mexicans who have roots in the region going back generations.

Wow, I never looked it up and I don't speak latin. Thanks.

They don't look or act like Americans at all. You really underestimate how alien they are to this nation.

Well, he's wrong and obviously doesn't know a single bit of Latin.

>You're a retard
>It's misc- Latin, mix + genation
It's from miscere (to mix), genus (kind) and the suffix -ation, which denotes an action.

Historically, race mixing was looked down upon, from what I can tell, because of either incompatibility of culture or perceived superiority of one or both races. If two people's culture/idologies align and you're not an idiot, there really is no problem with it. Only impotent inbreds worry about race mixing now.

Thanks. Either way I should have looked it up before making the assumption.

>only inbreds hate it
Wow, you sure showed those fascists!

They really aren't. There's a reason Mexicans are so underrepresented in our government at every level despite making up a sizable chunk of our population. It's because they set themselves apart, they don't assimilate, and as a result people do not see them as "real" Americans and will never vote for them. Only hispanics who have fully assimilated into white society are electable because whites do not trust ethnics to uphold American values.

>Only impotent inbreds worry about race mixing now
Oy vey what an antisemite.

>mfw Mexico-American alliance to delete chicANOs

>impotent inbreds
But sandniggers love multiculturalism (only in the west)

Ebin strawman Reddit, please go back.

If Jewish culture forbids people of different races being in relationships, it's backwards too. I don't give a shit what your religion is.

As long as you're compatible, I don't understand what the issue is. If a thicc brown girl has similar cultural views and a similar ideology to me, I wouldn't imagine that should be anyone's issue but our own. Now if that brown girl was a devout Muslim, no shit we wouldn't be compatible.

>2017
>tfw I cant go out with my white gf without getting glares
>white guys glare at me
>white girls glare at her
Why do we trigger racists so much? We're not bothering you. my gf and I are both college studenrs with well paying jobs. Most racists I encounter work shitty minimum wage jobs. What makes me lower than them in their eyes?

am spic btw

Studies done by DNA testing companies are pretty clear about it. ~24% of African Americans who reported their ancestry as only "black or African" had European ancestry within 10 generations, with the reverse being true for ~3% of white Americans, or an estimated 12% of southern whites.

It happened often, but that doesn't mean it was socially acceptable.

cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(14)00476-5

History of prejudice combined with a current sense of European and traditional American culture being treated unfairly/eroded. There's nothing inherently wrong with you and your gf, but a lot of white people (me included) see how far many people are going in order to promote diversity and portray the old white cultures as backwards. Then they completely ignore backwards ethnic cultures (i.e. Muslim/Arab). Take for example being Southern. Yeah the agrarian south was built upon slave labor (like a lot of other places, Yankees included), but the Southern identity is much more nuanced than that now. The current southern identity has nothing to do with slaves, yet it is constantly portrayed as a racist, stupid culture that should be relegated to history. So now you're getting a reactionary response from a lot of young white who want to be proud of their heritage, find that they are mocked for it, and look at mixed couples as evidence that their culture is being stamped out.

As a white guy, I can see where this feeling comes from and as a southerner I can feel it pretty acutely. That being said, not everyone who feels like that has anything against dating outside their race. I definitely don't. I'm just trying to explain a lot of people's issue with the current state of the progressives without resulting to stupid ass /pol/ strawmen.