Economic Theory

It is time to decide Veeky Forums, which economic theory do you think is correct and why?

Monetarism
Keynesian
NeoKeynesian
Marxist(kek)
Austrian
Behavioral
Classical (Rip)
MMT(kek)
New Classical
Post Keynesian (basically regular keynesian but revised while still sticking to his principles.)

Austrian

Marxist.

If you believe in any other theory you literally cannot explain why Photoshop, which has infinite supply, costs money.

Not crypto . REEEEEEE

They're all wrong because humans are not rational actors.

because "brand"

You associate that brand with the effort that went into the software to ensure that it was a quality product. This is the labor theory of value.

There was work behind it, factors of production were used in order to create it. Labor, land where it was developed, capital and innovation or enterprise. The incentive to innovate is more money which means a more efficient service which is why your communists shit holes suffered from being so inefficient you tried to get a group of people to state the prices for every single thing in an economy.

PS is essentially an input into something else in the economy which combined with the factors of production gives it its value.

kek look at behavioral economics pls.

Anarchist

>There was work behind it, factors of production were used in order to create it. Labor, land where it was developed, capital and innovation or enterprise.
Congratulations, you too believe in the labor theory of value, you dirty Marxist. See you at the next helicopter ride.

lol that is pretty much the base of most economic theories, I am as free market as they come McCarthy.

No, other theories state that value is purely based on the scarcity of the product and the materials it was made of. Software shows that's clearly bullshit.

Deep down everyone is a Marxist. :^)

laissez faire

Marxism-Kekism

>Work costs money if you arent using FOSS
>Software has frequent updates and tech support
What a joke Marxism is.

fpbp

You do realize that what you just stated is based on what I have said.
Land is finite which makes it scarce, if labor is cheap (chinese workers) then product will be low cost but if labor is expensive (programmer that knows fortran) then the service or product will be expensive. The capital invested must be recouped which makes products more efficient and scarce because you dont invest your money in retarded shit. Finally innovation which basically means ideas which is incredibly valuable, there are not idea generators which is why something as "revolutionary" as the iPhone costs so much. All these things are scarce most of the times and that is not even considering materials which involves all of the factors. I agree with what you say but you just want to argue without realizing how much your arguments supports mine. I recommend Sowell.

Marxist-Capitalist like the chinks are the only correct theory. Look at how rich are the chinks.

Nice bait. Try harder next time

>anarcho communism
Communism is inherently highly authoritarian

Where do i capitalise on the fact that I actually know FORTRAN . I was under the impression that it was considered a meme by "actual" developers

All of them are merely theories as economics is unable to recreate space used for experimentation. Thus any of these theories was disrpoved any models created are a subject to spurious results.

The only teory that is worth anything is Behavioral Theory. However it is a merely set of heuristics disproving the homo economicus, not a complete theory per se.

when i was a kid, when i played runescape classic, i noticed that 1 hour of work made you 50k gp no matter what you did. the set in game prices by npc shops were terribly imbalanced where high level actions made you more money selling to shops but a free market with player to player trading made even the noobs have the same money per hour as the high levels.

as soon as chinese bots appeared a huge gap appeared such that the rich made 20x more. any and all attempts to force equality by setting price floors to fix this, which is the real world equivalent of a minimum wage, completely destroyed the economy and caused the rich to make 100x to 1000x more per hour.

that game fucking woke me on how a perfect free market without forign labor causes equality, and anything else (such as gender quotas, minimum wages, and so on) causes massive poverty.

no economic theory is "correct" if it were no others would exist. stop wasting your time.

Anyone who try to truly stick to just one economic theory is unfit to decide anything.

communism exists because poor people, who are poor because of the government's communism, want more government and communism because the government says communism will make them not poor with constant censorship and propaganda.

What the fuck is this even? Punch kangaroos for coins and pay the Emu tax?

Austrian not Australian, you degenerate dislexic piece of scrum.
(Welcome to the club btw)

fpbp

gift-based. Free market but conspicuous charitable donations take the place of conspicuous consumption.

Monetarism
NeoKeynesian
MMT
New Classical
Post Keynesian (basically regular keynesian but revised while still sticking to his principles.)
+new keynsian

anything outside that is either not a sane(austrian marxist) or legit(behavioural) theory
MMT is borderline legit

Labour backed mark FTW

>being this ignorant

Get the FUCK off this board

marxism is correct

This one.

Photoshop costs a lot of time, effort, and money to produce, you economic illiterate mongrel.

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Cries the man with the neckbeard. It belongs to everyone!

Good, John. Very good! Don't question the propaganda you've been fed, and do not read any books!

This! I just want to be a rich, well-dressed, cigar smoking industrialist late 1800s fat cat

The picture that sums up America

I used to be into the Austrian theories but as I study more I think the following quote is more true and it doesn't matter what your theories are the market doesn't care about your theories "Markets can remain irrational a lot longer than you and I can remain solvent." - Keynes

fpbp

You arent paying for photoshop. You are paying for legal access to photoshop which is not infinite. A bridge provides infinite crossing over the water. You would not pay to use that bridge. If I put a guard there and tell you that you need to pay $1 to cross the bridge then I have changed the supply from infinite to 0. Now for every person who pays me $1 I create one pass over the bridge. In both cases if johnny is giving away free passes then you just have to punish the people giving them away and the people using them.

redpill me on each one in a few words

Those theories you cited aren't mutually exclusive. There's some truth to each.