Am I too late for mining gains?

Am I too late for mining gains?
I am already investing, and not sure if I should invest in hardware for mining though. (not interested in shortterm wins)

The only way to make money mining is to mine a coin that is relatively unknown and hope it becomes well known.
I was mining 3 years ago and stopped because it was a lot of work for tiny gains but my biggest win was mining Mona back then and selling now.

I'll try that, thanks.

Thing is, I already have a lot of hardware with relatively good GPU and it's standing idle.

>Mona

same.

Let's assume the following conditions:

1) You're using an RX 480
2) You're kwh cost is $.12
3) You're mining 24/7

You will spend $157.68/yr for electricity. There are 856 cryptos currently available according to coinmarketcap. Yes I know not all of them are currently mineable or even profitable to mine, but let's just use it as a baseline.

You have a 1 in 856 chance of mining a "moon".

Conversely, if you simply took that ~$160 and spread it across 16 shitcoins at $10 each you now have a ~1/54 chance of hitting a "moon".

Do the math.

This is hilarious. How much hash do you think that is?

1kh/s

IIRC those block erupters were 330 MH/s each. I count 45, so 14.85 GH/s roughly

how about mining gridcoins (for example). just for the scientific research and small gains?

I mine NEO GAS. doesn't cost me anything and I make roughly $200 a month :)

I make like $40 a month mining ZEC. Why the fuck not? Free money from an otherwise idle computer.

I've been mining on a single 1070 since June

I bought a second 1070 which I eventually sold at a profit and I put that money into trading,

this is from stats that started 8/7 to today, don't think I'll be investing the majority of my funds in mining - -but it's nice to get .05eth a week

if i continue making these gains, i'll eventually buy more cards though to pad out the trading.

Best part of living in a developing (3rd world shit-tier country) is having cheap electricity. You guys won't be able to profit anymore in 2-3 months while I will be using dirt cheap 0.05USD/kWh electricity

I bought an ethereum mining rig back in may. Mined about 3.2 ethereum so far. Ive only covered about half the cost of the rig, but eventually I'll break even.

If you live in the first world and have an old computer that you cant get mining gains from, you can let it stream ads and earn $30+/mo in crypto.

I tried mining with this old pos pc and it would have only got like 3c per day but just letting it run ads I can get 50c-$1.25/day in crypto that i withdraw daily via earncrypto. Only catch is they only have ads you can stream if you are in the us/ca/uk/au and a handful of other countrys.

>If you live in the first world and have an old computer that you cant get mining gains from, you can let it stream ads and earn $30+/mo in crypto.

what do you mean? can it run unattended?

what hashrate do you get user?
I recently started mining ZEC with STRIX and I get like ~465 sol/s. Also, are you running on windows or linux?

Was afk for a bit, yeah it runs on its own, you might have to check its still going every 24 hours or so. I have it on an old pc with no monitor. Its on my home network so I remote into it to see that its still working.

what site/program do you use to stream the ads?

also wish to know this.

Earncrypto, if you click on Earn -> Video Ads. I use the Ad Wall tab and it just runs in your browser. You can choose which coin to earn, id unironically suggest one with the lower fees like dogecoin so its cheap to send to an exchange.

>Earncrypto.com, the website, not the app that comes up if you google

thank you, I'll take a look. I've got a PC on 24 hours a day anyway doing other tasks so this will help.

how do. i have 270 neo's on bittrex.

is here a calculator or somthing?

6k breached

oops wrong thread.

If you straight mine you'll take forever to roi. You will eventually. But it takes forever. Grow some balls and you can daytrade with what you mined and you'll roi in weeks. Your call. I did the latter and it's working out great

Jokes on you those trash burning facilities next door will give you lungcancer

Just took a student loan to buy rigs.
I'm in college and just told them I needed money to pay for my studies, and boom, best loan you can get (5% effective interest)

Expected roi is 6 months to a year, more than enough since the loan is due 5 years from now.

Worst case scenario, I sell the gpu's at an expected loss of 30%.

The plan is to imediately cash the alts for bitcoin cash and monero (50/50 ratio)