What does /his think of the Knights Templar?

What does /his think of the Knights Templar?

They overjewed the Jews only to be overjewed by the French king.

"Malte Knights" were simle pirates.

They are fucking BASED kebab removers
Trump should make an army and call them the Templars then him and based Putin can retake Constantinople from the kebabs.

MAGA my fellow pede

nice aesthetics pretty neat

>history full of Turks assraping them
>kebab removers

catholics have always been utter shit

orthodox is the master race

>Istanbul

Templars are overrated. They were a bunch of international bankers.

The Teutonic Knights and Knights of St.John were the shit

Shut the fuck up fag

Templars were probably one of the least bastardly holy orders. They weren't really spectacular at fighting, but at least they weren't outright assholes (for the most part), and in return they just got shafted by the rest of Europe.

>Teutonic Knights

Aside from instances of bullying Orthodox CHristians and fellow Catholics they were pretty cool.

>Knights of St.John

Objectively the greatest of all the Catholic military orders.

The Knights of St. John and Knights Teutonic are still around as well, which is neat.

>bullying orthodox christians

where do people as illitarate of history as yourself get off making mistakes like this?

their opponents were pagans, they also had not any designs on conquering poland, greed, and treachery saw them enter into conflict with that kingdom

They were mean to Russians when they attacked Novgorod.

Not the best soldiers? You're high as hell. They were the primary force at the battle of Montgisard, which was the most lopsided attack in history. They were professional soldiers and they had their finances in order...as if you can't do both baka

still mad about the fourth crusade, fucking cismatic?

>illitarate

They were really neato. Anyone have any book recs about them?

It's a shame that every book about them I find at bookstores always has a section about DEY FREEMASONZ DEY STILL AROUN bullshit.

Also Teutonic Knights best knights
St. John close second
I don't know enough about them Iberian ones though

Find a nice used book store. Mainstream bookstores are always shit when it comes to the history and religion sections.

KTs had a better record than both during the periods they were active. Maybe that would have changed later, of course, but we'll never know.

The Knights Templar by Sean Martin is an okay start, but Barbara Frale's The Templars: Secret History Revealed is the way to go, since she was a Vatican archivist.
Otherwise you could read The Temple and the Lodge to see why people go on with the Templar = Freemason theory.

I have a strange feeling that Barron will end up being the best Trump son.

>Templars working with Orthodoxfags
Heresy!

Teutonic Knights were total bastards after the 1200s

13th century LARPers

>What does /his think of the Knights Templar?

grossly overrated compared to the hospitallers, who were more widespread, contributed far more in combat during the crusades, were given the best lands and the most key holdings, and raised the most money throughout europe