Sia is going to be gigantic

1. Has an actual product

2. Is currently being adopted by multiple companies

3. Every release gets us a step closer to that very first enterprise contract. Once this happens, Sia will explode harder than any other coin in history.

4. Companies that use Sia will have to buy SC, which will serve as a massive price prop.

5. Inflation will be cancelled out by proof of burn. Again, higher price.

6. Extremely active dev team Very willing to admit their mistakes quickly and actually fix them. They just hired PR after the recent outcry.

7. No ICO. No premine. No bullshit.

I strongly believe SC is the strongest 2-5 year hold in the entire market. Price is about as low as it will ever get. If you invest based on fundamentals - this is your coin.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6tmx0r/why_is_sia_important/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice try Pajeet

>2. Is currently being adopted by multiple companies

Sauce?

Honestly, no shilling but I really really do agree. The problem is it's such a long term hold and the bags were getting too heavy. I had to let go and reinvest and so far I've doubled up.

Don't get pressured into investing into this now, I predict it will be flat in price for a good amount of time.

Offend me and then ask me to show you the light?

Haha I'd rather you didnt buy. I don't mind getting my hands on another million coins at this price range.

This is true, there are plenty of coins with higher short term potential. Keep in mind the risk is higher too.

The best way to go about this is to treat it like a retirement fund. I drop whatever I can from each paycheck into this. Realistically, even next month Sia has enough going on to triple in price. It'd be a lot tougher to accumulate at that point.

Op got some whitepapers i can read into?

well it does look like it cant fall any further and the chart is similar to XRP and that is pumping right now. good entry

Available one google search away with lots of other info

I had more than a million of these acquired @ 120 sats.

Kept it pretty long, but in the end sold it after I kept on falling @ 400 sats.

I lost hope in short to midterm profits.
I sure see long term profit, but I rather tend to other quick gainers for now.

>muh 6 gorillion coin supply
>muh asic miners that mine 5 gorillion coins per block
>dev team dedicated to keeping the price down

retards, arent you here to make money?

Number of coins never matters. Dev just made a huge reddit poat stating that they care very much about the price. Very easy to find.

Which companies are picking it up?

The one I can mention with confidence is Minio. There's always more floating around on discord etc., but truth behind those rumors is always up to your interpretation. Lots of devs are putting effort in though - that's for sure.

>The best way to go about this is to treat it like a retirement fund.
This is truly cringy. You know when to completely disregard someone when they start talking about something like a penny stock, or a coin, as a retirement fund.
Nothing is guaranteed OP. Especially not this coin. Sounds cool, but I'm not delusional enough to think of it as anything more than a shitcoin lotto pick.

It certainly makes a difference.

wow a reddit post

that changes everything

It doesnt matter if its a reddit post, a twit, or a Veeky Forums dev. Or press conference. What matters is the person behind it.

Hey I agree with most of what you said. Everything in crypto is high risk, but that is the price of betting on it becoming a real market.

What I'm doing is infinitely better than TA trading or whatever the fuck. I'll keep buying low and holding.

>It doesnt matter if its a reddit post, a twit, or a Veeky Forums dev

or a boston globe article from the developers openly stating they intend to keep the price down

Quote it.

If you mean the part where they were talking about something ending in tears, they confirmed they were talking about ICOs.

>“The [Sia] tokens are for using the service, not for speculating, and it’s our job to keep them stable, not to bump them,” Vorick said. “That does create a lot of friction in the community. The people who are upset about losing money are outweighing the people who are excited about the technology we built.”

NOT

A

COIN

FOR

INVESTING

Oh really?

reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6tmx0r/why_is_sia_important/

Sia is going to change the face of cloud storage. That's a $20 billion market, and it's projected to become a $200 billion market. Sia is not some niche either, it's a full upgrade to how cloud storage works. We aren't aiming at 1%, we are aiming at 70-90% market share, because the core technology is that good.

All those hosts can't wait to get 50c per TB

It's a free market. They will get whatever they deem to be a reasonable ROI. The $20 per TB most hosts offer is nothing short of absurd

Oh wow so it'll be part of a super compeetitive market up against Dropbox, Amazon, Google, Microsoft AND Apple? Yeah wow, fucking sign me up.

I'm not here to shill. I'd rather you don't buy, but I am curious to see whether you have a real argument or not? Trustless, secure hosting has a very good chance of adoption, and Nebulous is first in line to develop it.

Op, I'm already in sia, but I feel like my money is badly kept there. The coin itself isn't a store of value, and while if a contract happens and a company then pumps the price to, say, 15 or so cents, and over time this trend could continue, it's not completely the best way to invest in sia is it? I heard of a thing called siashares, could you explain that to me?

Siafunds give revenue % based on the number of existing contracts. Of course, that currently doesn't amount to much, but they're being sold for a few btc each in anticipation of further adoption.

I can see why you think SC wouldn't work as store of value if you bought above 1c, but I think we'd ascend beyond 15c if the first major contract gets formed with a respectable entity. The next contracts would be immediately getting priced in. Honestly, there's no predicting how high SC would go then. I'd be betting on 15bil market cap at the minimum.

In short term, we have filesharing and new UI coming. Price will get somewhat bumped up next month.

Anyone who doesn't buy SC at its current prices is going to be major butt-hurt in a month.

SC is most undervalued coin next to DGB. SC has product, DGB has transfer speeds. Its as matter of time before all other alt-coins are shit compared to these two.

Sia can't compete against behemoth that is Amazon.

If Amazon just slightly mentions blockchain in their reports, all storage crypto will fall 99%.

IF Sia is truly superior tech, what forbids Amazon to just simply build their own coin? They have all the money in the world.

>SC has product
Yes.
>DGB has transfer speeds
No. DGB owes transfer speeds exclusively due to lowered number of confirmation. BTC/LTC would be as fast as DGB if they had lowered they confirmations by a half. Don't compare these two coins.

The thing that I don't really like about Sia in its current state is that you can only access your files and upload them from ONE computer.

This may be changed in the future but currently their wallet and client are one and the same, leading to the above.

>They just hired PR
>We aren't aiming at 1%, we are aiming at 70-90% market share

So you're a paid sia shill?

Not that that's bad, I think sia really does have a lot of potential, and it's been on clearance for a long time.

You can mine 30k sia in a couple hours.

Its a good product yeah but the coins are cheap for a reason you're not catching any moon mission with these the supply is simply way too fucking high

yeah, because companies are totally going to make a bitcoin wallet, then go to kraken and verify, then buy bitcoin, then send it an exchange, then exchange bitcoin to siacoin, then send siacoin to the sia wallet to buy their cloudservice. yeah totally gonna happen.

Hopefully you're buying the dip atm :^) You can get in at 160 sat and imo it has a potential of reaching 1000+ sat in the coming months.

The dips been going on for weeks now, you idiot. I'll buy it when it's a tenth of a penny

We all know, but it's a long hold. Quit putting effort in these threads. Just hold for a year or two.

Lol no you cant

time. it takes years and blockchain devs are hard to find. They are hiring blockchain devs though.

>30k sia in a couple hours

On what planet is this possible?

>G-Gguys buy my bags please. I am getting pinkwojaked here

No thanks

If you think Amazon is going to create a DECENTRALIZED storage system you're retarded.

>The best way to go about this is to treat it like a retirement fund. I drop whatever I can from each paycheck into this. Realistically, even next month Sia has enough going on to triple in price. It'd be a lot tougher to accumulate at that point.
lol this is EXACTLY what I thought about WAVES when it was 250,000 sats
Thank God I came to my senses quickly

Any job I want. $150/hr starting

My patience is greater than that of a toddler

I literally stated that I want nobody here to buy anything. Im here for a discussion

When blockchain technology becomes much more mainstream, they will. Right now, it's still a niche, but can you say this won't change in 6-10 years?

>Never do Ethereum-only mining they say.

>penny stock
>worth several millions

No but they will buy ARK with fiat and then smartbridge that shit over to sia and to buy storage.