What have been your biggest successes and losses in trading cryptos so far?

What have been your biggest successes and losses in trading cryptos so far?

>biggest successes
none
>losses
lost everything

I only traded on three occasions this year. No longer than a couple days each.

I'm at about 700% profit.

Impressive. How did you manage to do it?

I mined dogecoin in its early days and then quit early on but i still have my 17,000D which is like almost 30 bucks woo hoot total win

I bought a mixture of alt coins that seems to become more talked about, but didn't show it in the price yet. They went up that weekend after which I sold them.

When Ethereum related events were upcoming I bought in at around 80 dollars. Then it went up a week after.

When Bitcoin was being split up I understood that was free money, so i bought as much as I could.

I wanted to join the initial ico of EOS because the amount of ETH it costed seemed below the expected market price. But I backed out due to the risks involved in altcoins. But I kind of regret I did back out when I saw what those things were going for on Kraken.

Putting half my crypto money into DNT ICO, pulling out 20 ETH worth to max out ZRX ICO. Actually maxing the 2nd day of ZRX ICO. I turned 7k into 100k in a week. But I still feel dead inside, and still want more. When will it end?

Biggest losses were MYST and ANT. Lost about 50% on both atm but still holding them bags strong.

bet you'll never guess how high this one stakes

but I'm still getting a better return daytrading the fuck out of it

>I turned 7k into 100k in a week
I don't think I'll ever get to have this amount of luck. A man can dream, though.

How ? I started yesterday with 1k and im already losing 40$

getting gains makes me feel nothing, just makes me want even more gains

>success
I wish
>losses
bought digibyte

The whole game is staying ahead of the hype.
And there will be many more hypes upcoming.

Personally I'm waiting for the third generation coins to reveal themselves with privacy build in. When Microsoft revealed that coco framework for ETH I was surprised that didn't impact the price that much.

I bought about 50 dollars worth of BAT today. Is that a good investment?

I honestly don't know. It's a gamble.

If you look at their roadmap I expect they will create enough buzz in the future to make it go up. But on the short term I don't think it's very interesting.

Buying and holding eth/btc since feb this year

>successes
Bought into Binance early
>losses
Bought Ripple and sold at loss three days ago.

t.10 days in.

Success: Bought DGB early
Loss: Bought Zencash almost as soon as it hit bittrex

1000 antshares at $4 dorra, 30k DNT at 600 sats...

>biggest success
ants at 4 dollars when everyone was FUDing and sigt when it was below one cent
>biggest losses
Sia coin, the only PND scam i've ever fallen for, and i fell for it multiple times.

NEO = $4 to $40
BNB
OMG
various ICOs

Never buy shitcoins and losses are always small - 10% or less. Be smart and you'll make stupid amounts of moneh

>EOS

a token that is only inflationary. A token that actually in the T&Cs is worth literally nothing when EOS launches. You are lucky.

>Biggest successes
Bought into BNB early. (+156%)
Bought into ZRX when it came out. (+283%)
>Biggest failures
Sold half my BNB to buy Bytom (-50%)
Pajeet sold me MNE yesterday (+19% so far but I bought it for totally the wrong reasons and could have got shit on big time)

t. 1st month newcoiner

Success = getting in on verge at 5 sats

Loss = I'm not significantly down on anything so probably only putting in £100 into xvg

There was a period when you could buy them on kraken and through their website.
And they were worth more on kraken than on their website.

But the risk was you had to hope not too many people would see it and inflate the price on their website. And you had to hope the price would remain stable long enough to profit from it.

Made close to 20k usd in the past 4 months trading.

Biguest loss, sold 300+ ETH last summer after DAO thinking it was not going to moon.

When do you sell though?

> success
Bought DGB @ 100 sats for 1 BTC
Bought Sia @ 120 sats for 1 BTC
Bought LTC @ 500k for 2 BTC
Bought some ICOs which did well (MCO, BQX, some more)

> loss
I'm too greedy, didn't sell a single coin at ATH, always when its already 40% down, except DGB which I didn't sell at all - LoL
Some bad ICOs (Polybius, ZrCoin)
Bought 3 BTC of ZCL for ZEN, 85% down, didn't sell ZEN yet

i haven't succeeded

>biggest gains
lol dunno but i seem to have made over 30% on my initial capital without counting losses. probably just becuase bitcoin went up 50%.
>biggest loss
viacoin, but havent sold out yet

> gainz
Hundreds of ETH at 15
> losses
Idk sold 5 btc when it was 550 but I was still up, but consider it a L because I didn't need the fiat at all

>Biggest Successes
Bought WAVES at .90 CAD, now $5.32 CAD.
Bought alot of XMR at $10 CAD, now $117 CAD.
Bought lots of ripple at .10 CAD, sold most at .54 CAD.
Didn't buy any BCH. Infinity gains.

>Losses
Current stuck in a margin trade that is 11BTC in the red, about 1/3 of my stack. HODLing strong, but missing out on the new ERC tokens.

all of them were losses.

>successes
85% of my current investments

>losses
Wish I had accumulated more before the rocket lifted off.

>biggest gain

selling my buttcoins! lock in those profits!!!

>biggest loss

selling my buttcoins... why did I ever sell them so cheap...

>losses

I never lose because:

1. I never buy anything that doesn't have good fundamentals
2. I never sell at a loss

My worst buy was BTC at $750-$800 range in November 2013 before it dropped and stayed down for two years.

My best buy was ETH at $2.30.

Success- bought in ETH ICO
Loss - sold ETH at $1

Fuck my life

this.

Never sell at a loss.ever. Unless you bought at ath but then again you should never chase a mooning coin either.

>Bought DGB @ 100 sats for 1 BTC
>I'm too greedy, didn't sell a single coin at ATH, always when its already 40% down, except DGB which I didn't sell at all - LoL
>except DGB which I didn't sell at all - LoL

And i am butthurt for only buying for 0.25BTC at 150 sats and selling at 2200 sats

HOLY FUCK MAN
HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?

hodling XRP, RNS, ICN, INCNT, ARK, ANT, BAT, CFI, BNT, STX

All have had their waves and troughs but no serious losses. If I were to pick one I *shouldn't* have bought it would be INCNT.

Same for me. Sold BTC and ETH way too early. Saw the bubble and fell right into the bear trap.

>sold ETH at $1

Biggest loss was 10 BTC. I got goxxed back in the day and was jaded from crypto till this year. feelsbadman.jpg.

buying bitcoins at 600$ and hodl

i had 600 000

fuck

Biggest success: ANS

Biggest failure: noy buying a much larger amount of ANS

You think that's something, try daytrading dgb from 19 to 21 sat in March and then
holding off buying when it went to 100 because "never buy at an ATH"
300 sat "it's going to come down anytime soon, there's nothing behind this coin"
800 sat "falling prey to fomo now would just be stupid"
1300 sat "nope. not touching this, no way it goes higher"

when it reached 2000 sat and i contemplated my bags, i started making pink wojak threads

Here's the biggest possible success for you guys: XRP (Ripple) will announce its partnership with VISA in 2 days. You know the drill.

>wins
Accumulated ETH from $15-$60, sold at $400. Got BNB around $1.50, gonna hodl meme for now.
>losses
Bought BAY at the ATH and lost about 70% of my initial investment. (around .1 BTC) Also tried to get into Decentraland's ICO, big mistake and waste of time.

I turned 1.6k in cash and 4k worth of credit cards into 80k.

>Successes

ZRX at ICO
DNT at ICO
PAY at ICO
STX at ICO
MTL right after pre-sale/debut
NEO at 4.50
OMG at 2.30

>Failures

I lost $600 on Stellar Lumens when I first started trading in June. The biggest "failures" are just coins that failed to appreciate.

I started with depositing $100 then working my way up in increments of $200. Then when the TenX ICO came I threw my $1600 in cash into that along with some of my winnings.

#1 ICO I'm looking out for:

Enigma

idgaf about the hack

>success

Buying ETH at various amounts between 30 and 80
Buying ANS/NEO when it was 10
Had a max portfolio of 83k (currently at 55k) off an initial 12k fiat investment

>losses

Losing half my stack on SWT between my ETH and NEO gains.
Had I jumped ship on SWT even a day earlier and not bought NEO at the June ATH instead of the July bear market my portfolio would be at over 100k right now

OMG made me 300% gains over the course of one day

ANS actually lost me around 30% because I fomo'd hard the first time around when it shot up to $14, then back down to 7$, I sold at around 11 to cut my losses. I ended up buying back in at around 9 and rode it to 20 before selling again.

I always get greedy and sell too early, which I guess is better then selling too late.

biggest successes
>kek

losses
>bought BCC at 800
>sold at 880
>bought back in at 1300
>panic sold at 900
>bought back in at 1400
>panic sold at 1100

I've lost over $4000 in the last week on one fucking crypto

Biggest success: buying BTC.
Biggest loss: selling BTC while it was still pumping, then falling asleep.

bought a bunch of eth at $25
sold at $50

Bought $120 of ETH last November, and turned it to $1000 after the moon missions.

I fell for the sigtnatum meme, lost $500

Lost more than 35% in 24h some days ago, still didn't recover. Bought ADX at the highest like a retard, but at least I learned from that mistake

Sold at 100.

Buy high sell low, very nice

This is how it's done. I traded daily for a while and lost 95% of my wealth. I then built it back up over the past 6 weeks.

My rules for trading (not Hodling) are:
1. Only put money in big coins that you know well (ETH and BTC, and possibly OMG).
2. Try to move with sentiment. So if you feel like your profits are large, close your position because everyone else will feel the same. Protect your profits and set low buy ins.
3. Don't short sell cryptos. I used to do it, and I made money but I lost a lot too because of these large pumps that happen. Crypto is optimistic as a whole.
4. Don't sell at a fucking loss. Wait it out.