Pls explain to a brainlet the BTC/BCC drama in a few sentences. Am I safe just holding Bitcoin?

Pls explain to a brainlet the BTC/BCC drama in a few sentences. Am I safe just holding Bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6rxw7k/informative_btc_vs_bch_articles/dl8v4lp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would hold USDT

This. Would rather play it safe desu

bitcoin is broken and only works with a patented lighting network that you have to pay extra for.

alts are cheaper and faster to use, can scale better, and have better privacy and usability.

however, bitcoin is using censorship, lies, and propaganda (ie eth is inflationary, everyone is a chink shill, etc) to artificially inflate bitcoins price and normies think itll rise forever.

Just hold btc. Don't listen to the copy-pasta chink shills like this one.

not sure if trolling or really holding btc lol

I am sort of on the same boat as you, OP.

But I've done a little research, and here is what I could wrap my mind around:

>BTC has a limit of transactions per minute due to 1MB block sizes
>1 block is a set of transactions in the blockchain (a chain of blocks)
>some developers figured it would be good to make the blocks size higher (BCC)
>other developers (BTC side) don't like the idea because they say it will cause more centralization in mining (wealthier miners will mine more blocks, which will take the power from small miners)

>BCC supporters are somehow censored by the BTC community on Reddit
>meanwhile the most of the BTC developers are now working for the same organization (Blockstream)
>this causes some dis-ease among the community. How come a decentralized currency is now mostly in the hands of a single company?

>this single company will charge a bit more for the transactions through what they call "Lightning Networks", which allow for the BTC transaction volume not to be overload all the time when more adoption comes in

>this somehow seems strange, however. BCC holds the inherent ideals of a decentralized currency, whereas BTC is now becoming subject to a single company in order to keep it alive (because it's transaction analysis capacity is being, or next to be, overloaded, which will make it less reliable on the future because transaction confirmations will take longer -- unless things fall into the hands of the Lightning Network, but then it's more "bureaucracy", and it seems unfair that a single company will hold dominion over the currency. We move from the government's hands into the corporation's.)

What keeps BTC on its feet is its name. People think BTC is the true thing because it carries the name, but BCC is closer to BTC's initial libertarian values.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hold quality alts.

ETH, ARK, XMR, NEO, etc.

I wouldn't want anything to do with BTC or BCH right now.

Thanks.

the elephant in the room is this: why not just fucking buy alts? there are a lot of unique competing solutions to the scaling problem.

the mindset that bitcoin will just rise in price forever, regardless of speed or price to use, is fucking stupid.

also, the lightning network defeats the fucking point of bitcoin. it's like if we transacted in USD because bitcoin was unusable, then "settled" on the bitcoin chain months later when doing our books. only instead of USD we use lightning and instead of the government to settle we use blockstream.

Yeah, it won't.

What I think will happen is that BTC will win over BCC for some time, but BCC won't die. When normies come about they will notice the tons of money they lose through the lightning fees and will move into BCC. Soon enough BCC will be the new BTC.

And BTC will be to the other cryptocurrencies what Dollar is to the other fiat currencies.

What do you think will happen to Tether if crypto crashes?

Tether would exit scam with their USD that "backs" Tether and it would be literally worthless.

Everyone knows what Bitcoin is. Plus the segwit jump to the 2x+ ATH made sure everyone REALLY knows what it is. Altcoins have always been a risky game, they're always compared to the big daddy. This doesn't help with the legitimacy aspect of it, however ETH's huge successes did help to change this.
Bitcoin isn't crashing any time soon. It's not even close to being dethroned by any altcoin.

Ignore the FUD. Half are zerohedge-comment-box-tier schizos the other half are pajeets and gooks that can't even articulate proper english. Most can't even grasp simple blockchain concepts like block propagation and how they affect the network and their arguments revolve around vague remarks filled with buzzwords and reddit drama.

Bitcoin is the same as ever, except it's getting the segwit upgrade in a few days and soon enough will benefit from layer 2 technologies [the schizophrenic pro-gook conspiracy theories are inserted here] making it even better.

Bitmain is heavily invested in their scam token BCH so don't be fooled by their PR. It will be your loss.

hold for now, since you have BTC and BCC from the split. stay out of drama and let the market dictate which survives.

personally, my bet is on BTC.

hrm, i disagree, i don't think lightning network defeats the purpose of bitcion. the purpose of bitcoin is to have a currency that cannot be manipulated by inflation or be in direct control of any nation.

lightning network just allows some people who want convenience to choose if they want to join a side chain. those that don't, don't have to and can still transact without it, at a slower rate. it's like cash. you can make all your purchases with physical money but it's a hassle. it's anonymous and cumbersome but it's possible. or you can put your money in a bank for convenience, pay a fee, and get a faster and less cumbersome experience. it's choice.

It's not even a sidechain technically. The shills just keep spouting "bad" meme words until they stick.

BTC long term.

BCH is a trojan horse, an attempt to attack Bitcoin. As evidenced by the likes of Roger Ver's recent liked tweet.

Tether uses BTC chain so if BTC dies tether dies with it

pro tip: hold both, you got them free anyway

All these fucking sad fucks shilling BTC because they prob hold a fuckton and are really afraid BCC might take over.

BCC is more like the original ideas of BTC like
mentioned.

Blockstream and their censorship is trash, fuck blockstream.

To be honest I still think a public blockchain is an issue, Id say Monero would be a better step forward if we would like to have a decentralized currency.

It's blocksize also scales dynamically depending on demand and is ASIC resistant which prevents huge mining farms.

Monero also has a bunch of other things going for it. Have a look at it if you feel like it

sorry for the leddit link but this is the best summary I've found of the whole situation:

reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6rxw7k/informative_btc_vs_bch_articles/dl8v4lp/