Why didn't Poland-Lithuania invade HRE?

Why didn't Poland-Lithuania invade HRE?

Did they fear Germanic warrior?

Other urls found in this thread:

brilliantmaps.com/europe-1500-ad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why did Japan re-open their ports for trade? Did they fear the yankee warrior?

WHOSE FUCKING DUMBASS MOTHERFUCKING IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE BOHEMIA AND HUNGARY THE SAME COLORS IN THAT MAP
WHAT DENSE PIECE OF SHIT CARTOGRAPHER DOESN'T MAKE TWO ADJOINED NATIONS SEPARATE COLORS
>b-b-b-but the pink line around the HRE
MAN FUCK YOUR PINK LINE BULLSHIT THAT'S NO EXCUSE
THAT'S SOME CARTOGRAPHIC HORSESHIT RIGHT THERE
FUCK THIS SHITTY FUCKING MAP FUCK YOU OP FUCK YOUUUUUUU

This.
Also its similarly colored to Brandenberg which makes it worse.

They were in a personal union, numbnuts.

Then explain Norway and Sweden.

Also Castile and Aragon

>What is this guy sperging about
>CANNOT UNSEE
YOU RUINED IT FOR ME, user
FUCK YOU

>We have Kebabs in the South
>we have barbarians in the East
>we have Snowniggers in the North
>Let's make another enemy in the West!

le barbarians russians

>why didnt X declare war on Y

Because its not a video game, you retard. War is shit. Its terrible. Its not worthwhile.

it's a videogame relax

>War is shit. Its terrible. Its not worthwhile.
if it's so bad then why did X declare war on Y. checkmate pacificsts

Proto-Russians weren't the only ones on their eastern border friendo

Because X is retarded.

>"I may have waged too much war."
t. Napoleon on his lonely island, contemplating what the fuck he did wrong.

If you want to know the answer i heard lately Lithuania had a small population and Polish people emigrated into the Ruthenian lands So there was a few Lithuanians in the Cortland area who took a load of land from The Mongols and the Russians but both countries were basically populated by just Poland

What I was talking about was at the start of the PLC.

Also this map is 22 years before it got ganked to fuck by Austria prussia and russia

>modern day Istanbul has more population than the Ottoman Empire at its height

wew lad

To be fair nobody would have left France alone even if they had no delusions of grandeur

Well most of his wars were either defensive, or preemptive strikes (which I can still argue to be defensive).
However he clearly also had offensive wars, like in Egypt (this would be a war against the Ottomans, no?), or his plans to invade India, or his fiasco in Haiti. And I would call his Russian campaign also offensive, I can't say Russia not embargoing Britain was cause to strike.

OP got a point. Alot of people never tried to mess with the HRE. Like why didn`t Portugal try to annex the entire the HRE? Did they fear the neither Holy nor Roman Warrior?

The HRE had a larger population than any state-like organization on the planet at the time, and manpower meant everything back then.

Not sure if you are joking or not, just posting in case you are a common retard, and not a rare good poster.

>first things he thinks when he reads "barbarians" are "Russians"
I like you

Year of map? Also, funny to see German scraps and MUH MONOLITE France and England.

1500 would be the safest best since PLC isn't connected yet and hungary and bohemia are in PU

After 1473, because Hapsburg Burgundy.
Before 1569, because independent Lithuania.
Bohemia-Hungary personal union must be the 1490 one, so that drops a couple of decades.
Granada seems to no longer be an independent sultanate, thats 1492.
Maybe look at Portuguese ports in Morocco to shave more years.

You play too much EU4

Who lived in the gray zones around the golden horde? Were they depopulated?

People who paid tax to the Golden Horde. It should be colored yellow, it was GH land.

Mazovia was incorporated into Poland in 1526.

Then the map is between 1492 (no Granada) and 1526 (yes Mazovia)
This is an interesting puzzle, I wish more people contribute.

French occupation of Duchy of Milan is 1513-1516.

My mistake, its one of:
>1499-1512
>1515-1522
>1524-1525

The 1513-1516 period is when Milan actually fought France.

Kalmar union ended in 1523, so it's before that.

So its either 1499-1512 or 1515-1522.

It's 1500

brilliantmaps.com/europe-1500-ad/

>i am become faggot, ruiner of fun

it's before 1517, the mamluks still exist.

Exactly 1500, iirc.
From Reddit, the colours are from EU4.

The commonwealth was as complex as the HRE and mustering support from local nobles to create an army was difficult without a political impetus.b further w thrwatra from Russia, Sweden, Brandenburg, and the ottomans, it was safer to ally states pike Austria and Saxons rather than attack them

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT MAP IS THERE A BASEMAP?????

Actually, by 1750 PLC wasn't that bad economically. It bounced back from the wars in 17th century and Great Northern War. Polish wiki claims it was at an all-time population height back then.

That map may count only European parts of Ottoman Empire.

Nobody lived in the rest.

>Actually, by 1750 PLC wasn't that bad economically.

Americas trade ruined East Europe, and Poland selling salt and grain to Scandinavians could only help so much.

The people that did the most damage to PLC were: Saxon kings, Peter the Great, Friedrich the Great, Catherine the Great. + Genocidal Swedish king.

Honorary mention: Polish-Lithuanian nobles.

still if not for partitions Poland would probably be doing pretty well considering they managed to industrialize in some lands under partitions (polish clay that went to russia became one of their richest provinces)

the people that did the most damage to poland were rich poles who were content with living in decentralized playground for oligarch and could oppose any reform

only if they centralized

decentralization is actually good when it comes to economy but when country is dysfunctional to the point where its unable to defend itself it indeed becomes a problem

They feared their big guns

So, Yankee ingenuity?

Because they were strong and long lasting allies and the Polish king (who was sometimes a German himself) recognized the Emperor, if not as his immediate suzerain, at least as his superior in majesty?

>the only parallel would be Canada

Leafs BTFO

Why didn't Ottomans invade Pontic Mountains?
Did they fear the Pontic warrior?

This, they had a semi elective system.
Most countries abused this to get their people on the throne.

It was pretty much a russian vassal around the time it was carved up, afaik.