What if every man were a king?

What if every man were a king?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=khURiory3ho
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlP9x-5pwsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Then there wouldn't be kings, longboy.

But nobody wears a crown?

>basically the only Southern politician of his era who cared about and helped poor people regardless of race/religion
>becomes a fascist in every alternate history scenario

Why is this?

populist ideology coming from an actual commoner and not an aristocrat, an educated person, or someone else similarly powerful scares the living shit out of those in power because they're not loyal to the status quo

what if every man were a policeman
and everything was illegal

But then who would be the king of kings?

*teleports behind you*

Shad pls go back to tending the Jessup's garden

Long was a pretty ruthless politician. While "fascist" might be pushing it, he was more or less a dictator in Louisiana.

A few of his famous exploits include:
-Bribing his way out of impeachment.
-Illegally holding his position as governor after being elected to the Senate.
-Using the National Guard to hold on to his office as governor.
-Changing state laws to allow the governor to appoint all state employees.
-Establishing a personal police force.

On a national level he also attempted to take over the Democratic party by threatening to split the 1936 vote and cost Roosevelt the presidency, with his ultimate goal being to take the White House in 1940. FDR was genuinely concerned about this outcome and predicted it might result in a quasi-dictatorship under Long.

Jesus of course

He wouldn't have embargoed the Japs, thus no Pearl Harbor.

>not saving that picture as LONG BOY

A non-interventionist getting into the white house? Not on my watch goy.

>Huey long re enters the public conciseness thanks to kaisereich

I approve of this

He's a parental autocrat not a natpop however he can be assinated and a Kurt klux klan member can take power and be natpop

If everyone's a king who will be my peasants?

It can't happen here was a bestseller for like 6 months of this year

Applying modern tech it would be the machines

Can't see how that could go wrong

I think people not from Louisiana need to understand something concerning Long

EVERY single politician we have ever had was a corrupt piece of shit to the core and its at a point where no one even hides it, its just a fact of life here at every single level of state government. But Long actually got shit done when Louisiana needed it. So when anyone brings up that he was corrupt, it doesnt even factor to me.

It's true that Long's corruption wasn't unprecedented in Louisiana, but it's really the corruption combined with the extreme centralization of authority that stands out. Also, his progressive projects and infrastructure improvements became increasingly used as a means to gain votes rather than for the betterment of the state. By the time he was assassinated, Louisiana's economy was on the brink of collapse. Long on the other hand had extorted millions of dollars out of the state's businesses and government to fund his political exploits.

>"Disrespected" FDR by refusing to remove his straw hat and addressing him as Freddy
>Supported the Paraguayans against the Bolivians in the Chaco War; the Paraguayans later named a captured Bolivian fort after him
>Called Standard Oil "domestic and foreign murders, international conspirators, rapacious thieves and robbers"

Meanwhile, FDR put Japanese, German, and Italian Americans (among other nationals of "Axis origin") in concentration camps.

fuck krauts

He used the national guard because his opponents thought it would be a good idea to hire panamanian mercenaries to try and seize the voter rolls .

Because he scared flaggot liberal authors like sinclair lewis that for some reason still is considered somewhat relevant

Honest answer? He frightened people because he would have brought change and put political agitators out of business.
It needs to be said- if real change and unity came every liberal and conservative media outlet would go bankrupt.

WE WUZ ALL KANGZ

And the nips too. Wops though? I don't know, they don't seem like they'd be too loyal to a government they change more often than they bathe.
But seriously though, besides Germany and the US, who else decided to isolate certain groups living in their country during WWII? Anyone?

>>Called Standard Oil "domestic and foreign murders, international conspirators, rapacious thieves and robbers"

they are. oil industry is literally destroying Louisiana

Romania

>Hahahahaha le Huey LUMPF is a fascist!!!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!
>Nevermind that he's the only politician with a nonracist policy, he hates those darn niggers more than you and I do! In my book! You don't think THAT can happen here can you? #liberalvalues

Just from the wikipedia article about "It can't happen here" gives me the impression that this Sinclair was a huge fucking charlatan.

The touted liberal tradition of the US is just centuries of hysterics isn't it?

So what would a Long Presidency have looked like?

It's the Turner Diaries for classical liberals

Something like the New Deal on steroids.

Environmentally yes. But Louisiana needs the Gulf oil/nat gas and refining industry for jobs and taxes. If they left, the state would fold up like a tent.

Don't forget that time that a journalist threatened to publish an article about him having an affair, so he had thugs lock the man in the trunk of a car for two days until the election was finished.

>killed by a jew
Can't make this shit up.

Good this man deserved an ending that wasn't a shitty anti-climax.

Sinclair wasn't a classical liberal. He was a social democrat.

Sinclair was a fucking shill FDR and was trying to somewhat subtly conflate him with HItler

I am not disagreeing with either you or him. He was right, fuck those pricks.

He doesn't become a Fascist in KR.

He's a populist paternalist autocrat. Unlike Fascists he actually gives a shit about helping people.

that just sounds like a fascist describing what he is without using the word fascist

"Alt-right" cucks would call him a commie if he lived today

Him and Smedley Butler were pretty cool guys.

>FDR was genuinely concerned about this outcome and predicted it might result in a quasi-dictatorship under Long.
Well maybe FDR should have stopped sucking banker cock.

I know, which is why we will do nothing to stop them.

>can we please have maybe half a penny on ever 500,000 dollars you make to help restore the coast you are destroying?
>FUCK YOU BITCH!
>y-yes master

He actually becomes Social Conservative later in the game.

The game only makes him Paternal Autocrat because of the nature of his wartime government. Once you finish reconstructing America after the Second Civil War he turns Social Conservative.

>What if every man were a king?

That's the point of the Bible isn't it? Everyone is a direct agent of God with a license to kill on God's behalf.

youtube.com/watch?v=khURiory3ho

Anarcho-Capitalism

The slaves of course.

Women

Was Huey autistic?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlP9x-5pwsM

>implying capitalists can be anarchists

No gods, no masters but dude you have to obey the NAP lmao