Was ww2 germany actually really shit?

Where does the meme of "germany stronk" come from?
Apart from winning against two non-factor nations they lost absolutely horribly in nearly every battle during the war.
>leave your airfields and ports undefended so the SAS can blow it all up
>shitty infantry tactics that get beaten by leap-frogging americans
>shitty airforce that gets demolished by a couple spitfires
>lets the allies land thousands of troops on a beach they controlled for years
>the "smart" kesselring lets people sit in defensive positions that get bombed to hell

Face it, germans never had a chance to win this because they can't into warfare and are generally retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499506494029.webm
youtu.be/yJ9ScgVoKAM?t=1447
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>muh Germany
>muh retarded
>muh can't into warfare
>muh blatant misrepresentation of History

Geeee i wonder who posted this. Nigel?

Brits don't care m8, its a jew.

Please don't justify the German hate here with your stormweenie shit.

I am as German as it gets and Support Full blown Zionism.

shaddup schlomo

Agreed.besides what you said they apperantly havent heared of supply lines and logistics.
The most overrated thing about them must be their equipment tho.

early war they had terrible tanks and still were mostly armed with kar98k's,their light machine guns wasted too much ammo to be practical,the early war tanks had cardboard armor and shitty weapons while the late war tanks were expensive and unreliable,not to mention difficult to repair.in the end they somewha figured it out but then hitler decided to blow all resources on wunderwaffen.

They were actually one of the weakest enemies America has fought, they just get a lot of attention because of movies and CoD using the setting.

>early-war tanks were outdated garbage
>late-war tanks were overengineered garbage
>German """"""""""engineering""""""""""
>new equipment was provided to newly formed units with inexperienced troops
>older experienced units had to use day one tech and captured equipment until they were completely destroyed
>German""""""""""efficiency""""""""""
>the Blitzkrieg meme lasted only for 2 years out of 6 years of war
>German """"""""""tactics""""""""""

Forgot:
>infantry tactics were literally WW1 tier with bolt-action rifles and heavy focus on machine guns
>German """"""""""warfare""""""""""
>military was at no point fully motorized
>German """"""""""mobility""""""""""

>putting all resources into building more Panzer IVs and StuG IIIs
This is a stupid argument. Germany had a severe shortage of man in the second half of the war and had already difficulties having enough personnel to operate their wunderwaffles.

German tactics can be compared to an early game zerg-rush, attacking a unprepared enemy while they are not expecting it, bit the second they come across any real defenses they get immidiately halted.

I'm sure the Nazis would've been zionists too if it was a reliable way to make all the Jews leave

Guderian pioneered maneuver warfare you mongoloid. Probably the most important formalized (as in actually theorized and written about, not some spontaneous on the spot idea) development in military tactics. The Nazis were fucked up because large parts of the apparatus got politicized, but many of Europe's brightest lived and worked in Nazi Germany, just like any other country.

stugs were very cost-effective,same goes for hetzers.i must admit the panther wasnt awfully more expensive to make than the panzer 4,yey,but i rather meant ridiculous shit like the king tiger,jagdtiger,sturmtiger,elefant,maus prototypes and so on.

king tigers were mechanically more relaible and easier to mantain than panthers...

but they were still extremely expensive and slow as fuck,even with better reliability they were an ineffective drain of resources

>>shitty infantry tactics that get beaten by leap-frogging americans
Actually, this is not true. German infantry tactics were far superior to those of the Americans and British who often refused to advance without artillery support and bitched and moaned like little babies whenever they took light casualties

is this a new timeline? Who's the American president? Is it Hillary?

Germany
>one officer per squad, once the officer is dead the squad has no idea what to do
America
>every soldier in the squad is trained to take command if his officer dies, combined with the highly effective fire and maneuver tactic
Yeah, no. Americans had VASTLY superior infantry tactics.

Yeah, the Airborne demonstrated this very well as you can see in Band of Brothers, Winters (the real one) often spoke of how well their tactics did against the SS who despite their reputation performed quite badly.

And if you read "D-Day through German eyes" there's many situations where the Squad leader dies and then they're just like WTF DO WE DO, leading to either a suicidal charge or retreat

The german millitary tactics are a meme:
>Aircraft
HOL'UP HANS JUST FLY AND THROW THE BOMBS RANDOMLY SO YOU MIGHT KILL SOMEBODY... OHH NEIN YOU WAS SHOT!!11 RETREAAT! RETREAAAT!!11
>Panzers (good meme)
HOL'UP HANS JUST DRIVE YOUR TANK FORWARD AS FAR AS YOU CAN AND HELMUT WILL SECURE YOU FROM THE AIR... AHH NEIN HELMUT WAS SHOT... RETREAT!111
(what is good balancing between light, medium, and heavy tanks? just make as much heavy big tanks as you can!!!)
>Navy
HOL' UP HANS TOGHETER WE ARE SWIMMING ON U-BOATS TO DESTROY SOME TRANSPORT SHIPS... AH NEIN THEY CAN ATUALLY DETECT AS ON THE RADAR!!! RETREAT, RETREAT!!!11

I heard in 1939 things got considerably worse than from before. Maybe because hitler was preparing for war or something idk. What I said might not be true I'm not entirely educated on the economics of pre war Germany.

>every soldier in the squad is trained to take command if his officer dies, combined with the highly effective fire and maneuver tactic
That's pretty interesting, anywhere I can read up on that?

Well from 1933-1936 exports dropped by 10% so if you're talking economics wise then yes they were kind of in the shitter by 1939.

Yeah they were perfectly viable machines
But god forbid if theres a bridge

did germany have ANY well fought battles during ww2?
seems like all they did was lose lose lose

Well battle of France was quite good. Eventhough Veeky Forums will propably go on great lengths to blame it all on dumb luck.

>battle of France
>beating a bunch of retards with even older equipment than the germans had
>quite good
L M A O
F A M

Nah man they went to the gates of moscow by losing

>It's a "I'm so butthurt about /pol/ that I'm going to devalue the sacrifices and endured hardships my ancestors endured to beat Nazi Germany by implying the Nazis weren't actually that big of a deal or much of a threat out of spite" episode

>I'm going to devalue the sacrifices and endured hardships my ancestors endured

lmao cringe af

>XD
fuck off.

my ancestors :)

well,the did faily well bum rush poland and france and beat vastly smaller and weaker countries too.but once against an actual capable foe they usually got fucked.

it was a sacrifice,but the UK and US combined didnt even lose as much as the UK alone in WW1.

I'd also like to add perhaps it's because their doctrine doesn't really favour prolonged wars/large areas. Imo the reason why the Blitz worked in other countries was because they were fairly small and had good roads which German tanks could use + faster transport of supplies.
But then we look at Russia and North Africa, both of which turned out to be logistical nightmares due to the sheer size of the desert in Africa and the Rasputitsa season, poor roads, different railroad system and the insane amount of land the USSR possessed.
In a sense you could say Germany was the one who zerg rushed to victory, but that's just my 2 cents.

They didn't do so bad against the Allies in Anzio and against the Americans at Hurtgen Forest, although you could chalk it up to the incompetence of Allied Command. Remember, the same guys who got their shit pushed in at Hurtgen Woods would end up holding their own in Bastogne so it couldn't have been that they were shit soldiers

Wait did allies have potato smasher grenades too? Or is that captured materiel?

A big overlooked part is the war industry itself.
The lack of full mechanization and the use of POW in war-essential production sounds pretty stupid on paper

It's all captured, US Army units were in a pretty sorry state during the Battle of Hurtgen Forest

So?

Logistics also failed them in France 1944 when their railroads and fuel depots in central and western France were bombed to shit, and aircraft constantly strafed their supply columns.

/thread
i wonder where the /pol/lack touched OP

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499506494029.webm

>Hurtgen

youtu.be/yJ9ScgVoKAM?t=1447

that means the germans werent nearly as threatening as they were back in 1914.WW1 could have been lost,WW2 was all about winning with as little casualties as possible.

i usually try to avoid insulting people on Veeky Forums, but you're either extremely ignorant, stupid or butthurt
which one is it?

Hmm...

Bad b8

>russian casualties mean germany was good
No.

Germans were bad, and Soviets were terrible.

they really were not,its all just propping them up to look better.whats more impressive,beating crack waffen-ss troops or a bunch of volksgrenadiers who trained for 3 weeks?It's like rommel on a larger scale.

>implies SAS were of any relevance
>says "allies" instead of "Americans" when talking about Normandy landings

Yep, OP is British
I love how they BTFO the shit out of you in 1940 to the point you had to be saved by frogs at Dunkirk

WE WON THE WAR!

>shitty infantry tactics
nigger u what

Ah...
So you're saying all those Russians died fighting incompetent old men and child soldiers, and nobody actually faced off against the actual German army. Makes you wonder what all those Germans were doing during the war then.

>try and make an amphibious landing in france without american help at dieppe
>get utterly BTFO'd
Why are britbongs such cucks?

it was a pretty successful evacuation,there were just too many.the germans were the ones that won dunkirs,but they fucked up more and didnt calitalize on the vunerablity of the allies back then.

the russiansfought them,i meant the western allies.even then,the casualty rate was alright,about 3.1 when the soviets had barely any experienced officers left from the purges,had a largely conscripted and inexperienced army and were still recovering from the winter war.

They literally wrote the book on armored warfare you retard. The only reason they took france was BECAUSE of their rapid mobility.

>not being fully motorized means you can't have certain parts of your army that are completely motorized and highly maneuverable
>hurr

>what is blitzkrieg
the idea was to mobilize so fast the enemy could not effectively practice scorched earth resistance and gradually shift back their supply lines.

The western front Germans did pretty good considering they faced overwhelming numbers, complete air support, plentiful supplies and reinforcements, and being a bunch of heavily battered, demoralized ragtag units

>ITT: Butthurt anglos and leftypol fags deny
>Just because they can't handle the fact that Germans absolutely destroyed them and it took the united effort of the rest of Europe to defeat them
Wew lad

>being the first to actually start Jewish settlement in Palestine

What fucking idiot wrote this. Jewish settlement started in the 1880's, this isn't even controversial. Only a braindead Arab would claim Zionism started in 1933.

Oh, hi rabbi.

The Nazis just used ideas that the us and Britain came up with in the 20s and 30s

American soldiers also outpaced their supply lines when they got to the hurtgen forest

Dieppe was a raid

At least read it first.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haavara_Agreement

Imagination land
Every squad has a TL as do German squads

Hitler deliberately let them go off of Dunkirk with little to no harm in hopes he could call an end to the war. Just watch the last appeal to reason by the impartial truth.

Why there are many threads about kraut hating in Veeky Forums? is to trigger /pol/ or just anglo shitposting?

any history discussion has ww2 as the dominating topic, krauts were central in ww2, /pol/ likes krauts for what they did in ww2, so Veeky Forums dislikes krauts to be different
also a lot of /int/ spillover

It may have something to do with WW1 and WW2 Germany actually performing extraordinarily well on the battlefields. German strategy was lacking but their tactics most definitely not.

>I am as German as it gets and Support Full blown Zionism.
t. Cuck

He then realized he fucked up and had to ask the Arabs to drive them out, which sadly failed...

That was the British. Hitler even had their book translated into German.

So Veeky Forums officially hates germans or is just a meme?

Hitler was a goddamn Zionist, you retard. He just wanted the Jews out of Germany, he didn't care if they had a homeland. His whole butthurt with Jews was that they acted as an insidious Fifth Column, not subject to the accountability of a nation-state. He offered to transfer Jews in the Reich and their belongings to Madagascar, but that plan was rekt when he fucked up and assumed Britain/France wouldn't care if he invaded Poland.

For fucks sake the germans werent bad, they just werent as good as they tend to be portrayed in the west and never actually had a chance of winning the war

but he had no qualms bombing them with stukas?the mercy of hitler at dunkirk is a stupid meme that needs to die.

i think they do,but its not unjustified.

Right, it's not like collective guilt is completely unjust to millions of innocents...
Where are you from? I'm sure your country has done a lot of shit you should now be happy to be held responsible for.

Also
>Arguing with propaganda posters

It was shit, but not for the reasons you are saying. Their military discipline and tactics were as good or usually better than anyone in the war.
Thier meme economy was broken though, and their homeland people were already feeling depriveations by 1940, which lead to more slave labor and exploiting of the occupied territories which for some magical reason led to worse conditions all around. Which lead to the retarded perception they needed to expand even more even faster before it all collapsed.
Over the years and during the time thier have been many that were superficially impressed with what the Nazis did and thier ideology, but if you actully look into it, it was a broken system, even by 1936~37 their ecomany was going to be fucked at least a little by thier unbalanced industry and fiscal policies, it just wasn't clear yet

germany

Also hasst du dich selber für etwas was du nicht getan hast? Klingt logisch.

>>lets the allies land thousands of troops on a beach they controlled for years
Honestly, how did that happen though?

Spies and false information IIRC

We showed you what real modern warfare was at the time.
The fuck are you on about, it took half the world to subdue and even then it was extremly hard for you.
again, the fuck are you on about you little cuck.
What german pilots did in dogfights are still the stuff for legends among pilots. even the RAF was dumbfounded and amazed on what german pilots did in the cockpit.
And why wouldnt we "overuse" machineguns, we had the best of the best and it was extremly effective to just hail down bullets from a bunker.

LARP alert!

But I am german, how could I larp here?
Theres plenty of books on how the german pilots amazed anyone they encountered. RAF started mimicking german tactics after a while too.
Ever read soem scanned newspapers from the beginnings of the german offensive? like Uk papers, yankee papers etc?
guess not.

Many German pilots fared well because
1. Aces weren't sent home to train new pilots
2. There were far more allied planes than German ones
3. The Soviets fucked up badly during Barbarossa
The rather inexperienced new pilots that were inevitably needed later on usually fared badly against the Allied pilots, and German losses were high. Stop with that Wehraboo/Superhuman bs, Germans did well on occasions, but often not.
t. German

No. Hitler didn't want war with the allies, hence the reason he let the British go at Dunkirk. Unfortunately they were allied with Poland who forced Hitlers hand after slaughtering German minorities in Danzig.

>Hitler didn't want war with the allies,
What did hilter want?

continue bullying small countries to expand in preparation for the big prize thats the european part of USSR

He wanted Peace, not war

>plz no war
>just let me fuck over these guys