IOTA is the future, imminent moon

Who the fuck is going to pay $3 in fees on a 70$ transaction?
BTC has a deadline and we're getting there, I hope you abandon the ship while you still can

On the other hand, we have this revolutionary coin, it combines all the benefits of ripple, digibyte, omisego and bitcoin in only one coin, with ZERO FEES

It's still below $1 user, and it has broken the mark before
Buy IOTA while you still can, actually you will buy the MIOTA, because iota has so many decimal scales that bitcoin looks like a joke next to it
You have been warned

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EXjCqT-oK9M
blog.iota.org/the-transparency-compendium-26aa5bb8e260
github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been saying this since iota got to to 0,6

IOTA is the only cryptocurrency that has a solid purpose and would actually bring real money to the market

We're looking at the prince of the cryptos. And he will be greater than the king

Iota will also be supporting smart contracts and blockchain development with the implementation of time stamps on the tangle.

Iota is the one true crypto

Yes, with the upcoming announcements and the crypto credit card that will support iota, we are very close to breaking the $1,50 mark

IOTA could easily reach $50 in a year

Holy fuck shill harder guys

We are past the dip, but you can still get a taste of it
I am no moron or shitcoiner, I am a permaholder and only put my money into coins I do believe

Right now my portfolio consists in IOTA(50%), Ark(25%) and OmiseGo(25%)
In the next week I'll probably dump money into NEO because the chinese are probably going to make it take Eth's place

But of these coins, IOTA is definitely the greatest hope. The other ones are just for faster money

Lol this is even bigger than neo

We are talking about millions of dollars you could make in five years just by buying a few thousand of these boys

>already #6 in marketcap
>mooning soon

ok op.

>predicting IOTA will have more than 2x Bitcoin's total market cap in a year
>imagine being this retarded.

hey new friend
welcome to crypto currency, i hope you have more than $20 in it

i know you arent used to all of this yet, but over time everythings market cap rises, and things could still be ranked beneath others whilst increasing in value

thanks, and have a good night you fucking retard

>only 2bi market cap in the most promising project
>only 85 cents per MIota
>tangle network improvements soon
>crypto credit card

You can believe a guy who has done his research and have been reading about IOTA everyday for over a month and decided to go balls deep on it, or you can do your own research

But beware it broke the $1 mark twice and when it breaks the third time, it isn't coming back

BITTREX WHEN

Actually it's getting added before the end of the year

>being this stupid

>forking a coin multiple times to solve its many problems is reliable
>not migrating to a new, 100x better and yet cheap coin because muh marketcap

imagine an imbecile who thought like that

I mean to be fair BTC has the brand awareness and multiple fiat exchanges to buy on. IOTA has a long way to go to be able to compete with BTC, even if I think it's honestly worthy (fuck miners controlling everything)

Iota may not be the best short term coin, but it is definitely the face of the future trillion dollars cryptomarket we are having in ten years

This is the new chance od buying bitcoin for a dollar
Take it while you can

youtu.be/EXjCqT-oK9M

IOTA 0/

Most promising coin thus far imo.

But devs fucked us over when they made a massive coin supply. Not saying that the volume can't happen to make it skyrocket but it's definitely gonna take some effort.

Imagine is the supply of this coin was 50,000,000. This would 100% compete with bitcoin and eth.

but we have the MIota for that

you're not buying iota now, you're actually buying 10million of it

the supply, if you put it in terms of MI, is actually pretty close to bitcoin

plus, the fact of Iota -/- Miota is great because you don't have to teach normies the decimal scale

IOTA is the future, the long term hold and the international currency accepted in the 2024 olympics

On the flip side high volume will keep prices appearing to be 'down' for longer which will make people more comfortable with buying some. Obviously it needs to hit some fiat exchanges first though

Ok so maybe I don't fully understand.

So when we buy, we are buying miotas at a time. And there is a supply of 2 billion miota according to coinmarketcap. Now looking at bitcoin on CMC, the supply is 21 million.

I imagine it like the beginning of bitcoin.

People bought entire bitcoins at a time. There were 21 million. Now in early stages of iota people are buying miota at a time. There is 2 trillion. It doesn't seem comparable

2 billion*

Think of a single iota as one satoshi, and 1 miota as a bitcoin. 1 satoshi is 10^-8 bitcoin while 1 iota is 1^-6 Miota though

Iota is not decentralised

Nice claim, it's just not true though.
Tell us why it's not decentralized and we'll tell you why you're wrong

You have to think about iotas and satoshis

he talks about the coordinator - the thing which prevents 33% attacks

Coordinator is temporary

When you buy IOTA, in fact you're buying a MIota, which is 1,000,000 Iotas
The BTC decimal scale has 8 zeros, the MIota to Iota has 7

so you can think you're bying 0,1 btc for 0,85 cents today

oops, now it's 0,88 already :)

This

You are buying bitcoins for less than $10
Enjoy while you can

yes i know that but the other guy seems not who thinks iota is "centralized"

It's more like buying bitcoin at 150 though, isn't it?

$4078 / (BTCMC67379717491 / IOTMC2471021878) = $150

"
IOTA is currently in what should be considered a ‘transition period’ towards large scale deployment and standardization. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum and all other distributed consensus protocols before it, the IOTA network need an onboarding mechanism to provide 34% attack protection in its early days. Due to the unique underlying architecture of IOTA this takes the shape of a ‘Coordinator’. The ‘Coordinator’ or ‘Coo’ for short, is essentially training wheels for the network until the amount of organic activity on the ledger is sufficient to where it can evolve unassisted, at which point the Coo is permanently shut off. This does not mean that the IOTA ledger is currently in any way centralized, the network is 100% decentralized, every node verifies that the Coo is is not breaking consensus rules by creating iotas out of thin air or approving double-spendings. In fact any talented programmer could replace Coo logic in IRI with Random Walk Monte Carlo logic and go without its milestones right now, so technically even at present the Coo is entirely optional. The only role the Coordinator serves is to protect against attacks in this temporary infancy stage of the Tangle ledger, if we shut the Coo down the network would continue to evolve as it will in the future when it is unassisted by these ‘training wheels’.
"
>blog.iota.org/the-transparency-compendium-26aa5bb8e260

Just putting that out there for everyone to see

2.779.530.283.277.761 IOTAS
2.100.000.000.000.000 Satoshis

1 BTC = 100.000.000 Satoshis
1 MIOTA = 1.000.000 Iotas

So, correcting my previous post, you are actually buying 0,01 btc for $0,85

Grab a small loan of a million dollars and get on the new satoshi train

One tenth of a bitcoin*

Hmm if this were to get to Bitcoin's level per MIOTA (roughly $400/MIOTA) then the market cap would have to be $1.11 trillion

Idk seems pretty unlikely, Bitcoin's is only $67 billion

Yeah that seems very unlikely

This, but it does look like it can solve every problem with crypto.

Also can you mine this stuff? Is mining profitable? I think the main reason BTC is worth so much is because of profitable mining.

IOTA has eliminated the need for miners, so no. And that's a good thing

Sweetheart, crypto is only crawling, give it time
No mining, no transaction fees. 100% descentralized and independent. The tangle network is unprecedent. The sole purpose of cryptocurrencies is to eliminate banks and money people. What's the difference from miners?
Iota has no miners. Iota has no owners. Iota is what every crypto should be

So how can it be worth anything without mining, without some work being used to get it.

Convince me to buy this apart from its technology. Can you tell me any possible future partnership with our financial giants or easily their use-case?

In matters of tecnology, future implementation, IOTA is the absolute god of crypto. Imagine BTC as Raditz. IOTA is the equivalent of Majin Boo next to it. In the long run it will definitely, 100% sure, pay off.

As for partnerships, IOTA is not focused on pumping itself, so I wouldn't expecting "big news ahead" everyday as we see with OMG, monaco, neo and many other shill coins with tons of problems that go up solely on speculatiom

But if you think going from $0,88 to probably over $1,20 in the end of the year is good for you, then dive in

I want some of this shit but bitifinex

What about it?

Thanks. I'm gonna buy 1 ETH of it. Cuz muh ((((diversification of top 10 cmc))))

So it seems that IOTA has zero intrinsic value because you don't need to work to get it and it can be replicated by anyone. Without mining there is no work being done to earn iota making it worthless. With mineable crypto there is value because people have worked (really just had their computers work) to earn the crypto. With crypto assets the value is backed by the worth of the purpose it serves which is the popularity of use for the asset's blockchain. Iota is different from the two only slightly, but it makes all the difference. It's worth is only tied to it's backing by BTC. This is because there is no work needed to earn it and the tech behind the tangle can be replicated by anyone including governments or Central banks which eliminates scarcity. You can make that very same argument for BTC, but if I were to make a BTC clone tomorrow you would only buy it if there was actually incentive to mine because you know others would be both mining and buying and essentially jacking up the price. If I were to make an iota clone tomorrow there would be no reason for those who haven't invested in it to use my clone.

Take this analogy. BTC is like gold in medieval times. It has no industrial use and is only good as currency or a store of value. Say you were some peasant and this is the first time you've heard of gold or people paying for stuff with it. I say I'll give you this gold bar for some sheep. You say wtf is this I want some chickens asshole. I give you the whole explanation about how why gold has value (because people attribute value to it so there is a mediator between goods that are not congruent for exchanges, it's rare, and you have to mine it if you want new gold.) You mention how you could begin using human hair as currency, it's a finite resource and if value is attributed to it then why not? It's less cumbersome to lug around than gold too. I'd say because you don't really have to work to find hair, everyone has it, it's not... 1/2

Th

It's not scarce there hasn't been men heading to mined working with pitchforks to mine it. I could grab some equally easy to find resource like dirt and make the same case for it's use as currency as you and we'd both be wrong because we both know you don't really.have to work to find it and it's not scarce.

>If I were to make an iota clone tomorrow there would be no reason for those who haven't invested in it to use my clone

Whoops this should say,
>If I were to make an iota clone tomorrow there would be no reason for those who haven't invested in it to NOT use my clone.

I would like to elaborate more on crypto assets. Think rlc or gnosis. They are essentially crypto tools. They are only valuable because they may have a use and people will use their blockchains for work.

That's a fair argument

It is honestly a background coin. But Okay, user.

That said, I want more of it, and hold a little.

Singapore based (HUB for financial corporations of questionable legality playing fast and loose with ethics)
"Hacked" last year and forced their losses on every account
Behind Tether USD which is backed by nothing
Evidence of exchange-sanctioned price manipulation on longs and shorts
Bitfinex employees have admitted in removed video interviews they act around the law

They have the best trading engine, but there's so many red flags about them it's not funny.

The value of IOTA would be in providing a working high speed and no fee currency solution to the machine economy. If they secure adoption before a competitor, there's no incentive to replicate it: how are you going to disrupt zero fees to the point you convince industries with established IOTA frameworks (in this hypothetical scenario) to switch?

It remains to be seen if IOTA will gain a dominant position first or if a challenger bursts into the scene, but the concept is sound.

Jesus christ so many idiots on this board.

IOTA is not a BitCoin killer simply because of its tech.
Yes it has better scalability, but by the end of the day it's the Tangle (DAG), not a Blockchain (Digital Ledger)

Know the difference between IOT and Cryptocurrency.

They will work side by side but they can't replace each other.

And to the idiots crying about IOTA's supply. It's there to solve the IOT. Tangle based networks get faster the more they have in their ecosystem. You want as many tokens as possible. The more the better when it comes to this kind of tech. You also need a supply that can deal with the immense about of everyday tech that communicates with each other. By the end of the day the devs HAVE to keep on increasing the supply to do what IOTA was meant to do

>Know the difference between IOT and Cryptocurrency.
Can you explain? How will it be used in IoT in essence?

So nobody would profit from use of the tangle and the only profiteers would be the sellers. That would mean the incentive to change tangles would be cost. When an entity realizes that they can do what iota does if they make their own tangle then they will not pay to use iotas tangle and make their own. So it essentially would all come down to politics.

Say an economy gets built upon iota. Say an entity like the us government wants in on the action and finds the tech attractive. They say holy shit x amount of usd for iota? Fuck that we'll make our own iota. They make USD-ota and completely undermine legacy iota. Then USD-ota will eventually become too expensive for people to operate with and a never ending cycle of groups undermining each other will commence. This is because tangle technology is worthless if anybody can replicate it. It will be purely political and idealogical what type of tangle technology can succeed.

I dunno man, I like to stay away from coins that have a circulating supply of billions.

It's hard to see a big prince increase in the short term, isn't it?

the wallet is online. is some nerd trying to brutal force my seed right now? i used words instead of random letters i'll never remember. how less secure is my seed this way?

IoT = internet of things.
the DAG is a data structure [of the Tangle] where through parallel processing and its unique consensus protocol (where all in the network are participants), you can send encrypted information between appliances [We call this IoT].

Blockchain is different. For one, you can look to see how much money is on an address or see who owns what assets. You can't do this on the Tangle alone. It's a distributed Blockless* Ledger, that isn't in sequential order.

Iota isn't a short term moon coin
It should be considered a mid to long term safe investment

don't ignore me.

And that is why you will continue to buy shitcoins and stay poor

I feel like no one can come up with a rebuttal to this.

>It will be purely political and idealogical what type of tangle technology can succeed
just like whats happening with btc and bch at the moment?

It's a scam. Promising the sky to its investors.

Yes but those cryptos require work to create.

The shills are stumped

good. gonna save it for all the future iota shill threads

It is meaningless. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that the same could be said about DOLLARS or MARKS or anything else really. When you debase the debate to the degree of "what people care about", everything, including our current institutions, is meaningless. And at that point, who cares?

too many same fags on this thread

I want in on the IOTA money train, but I'm not trusting my cash to a bunch of chinks who play fast and loose with their financial ethics. Taiwan/Korea maybe. Japan, yes. Singapore/China? Hell fucking no.

buy iota
put in wallet
ez pz

You're too paranoid user.

Switch ARK and IOTA and you get my exact portfolio.

Check mate. This is why I won't touch SHIT-OTA

I don't like bitcoin. It has no intrinsic value. Everybody can just create a bitcoin and call it uhm... maybe... litecoin or sth.
>muh

That's the biggest red candle I've ever seen

shiiiiiiiet - grab it

You're a typical bitcoin fagget who can't see how much bitcoin is becoming shit, from the centralization to the fees. My guess is that you've had a stake in mining so therefore you have reason to protect your kingdom.

>iota can be replaced
Uh, like bitcoin? Like the hundreds of current bitcoin replacements?

The first one in a new space, like iota or bitcoin, to make a name for itself often stays for a while, regardless of knockoffs. Lets use bitcoin as an example. It's literal trash now but people trust it because of recognition over the years and market acceptance in this space.

Iota still holds scarcity due to limited supply, although not as limited as bitcoin. In addition, iota solves problems that bitcoin has with scalability, expense, and being self sufficient. Iota's value comes from it's incredible self sufficient tech, just as bitcoin's value was largely in it's (partially self sufficient) tech.

You see miners creating value through incentive to make money. I see miners as a liability that are making buttcoin expensive, centralized, and adding fucking drama (muh bitcoin cash will fix it).

Bitcoin was the first to "remove the middle man" but now we are starting to realize that there's still a middle man (miner) and he's a fucking leech. That's not an asset to me and its value is only seen to the top 10% of miners who can afford massive rigs. Mining bitcoin no longer provides much value to everyone in this space. People want freedom.

>that will be $6 for your cup of coffee, sir.
>pays $6 plus $2 in bitcoin fees

Tell me, would you prefer a house that relies entirely on the grid or a house that is self sufficient and doesn't rely on the middle man for energy? Don't tell me that the self sufficient house has no value. Can it be replaced by something better? Of course it can, just like anything in this world. Just like bitcoin.

Bitcoin will always be a hedge but it's not useable currency.

Where can I get an IOTA wallet?

>bitcoin is total trash right
>1 bitcoin worth $4200

really made me think

You literally just have to google this.
Fecking retard

you can download the official wallet from github
github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases
(if you are smart you google for your own - would not trust some stranger like me on the interwebz lolz - no really there is a trojan horse in the link)

Singapore isn't some backwater you moron; it's arguably the most developed country in the world

if you want a flexible and useful crypto you dont want:
1.mining
2.fees

Like I said in my post which you didn't read, Bitcoin is trusted because it's made a name for itself in this space. It's a valued hedge and valued tech. I see value in it just as anyone else does.

But if you look at the scalability, fees, and centralization - you know, the important stuff in regards to its real world function as currency - it is trash.

It's misguided to assume IOTA at any price is a barrier to entry. Few would care about what an unit is worth, they'd just get x fiat currency worth of IOTA.

Adoption is the biggest challenge of all. IOTA can succeed or fail, but if it succeeds, even the US government would have a hard time replacing it. You want to convince a majority already invested in the ecosystem to switch over, which is a significant economic cost (in hardware, training) as well as a psychological hurdle (people stick with what they know without an overwhelmingly compelling reason to switch). It'd get significant pushback from people not interested in an American government product over a politically neutral one - and those people are most of the world.

Bitcoin doesn't derive its resilience to govt involvement from proof-of-work. PoW is just the system used to guarantee network strength and distribution. Any governement could fork the open source code and get some server farms started. What protects Bitcoin from would-be usurpers is recognition. Hash power is the consequence of adoption, not the cause. If IOTA get their tech right and in time, they can capture much of the market. It even benefits more than Bitcoin from network effects, as the Tangle is faster the more people use it.

Invest in IOTA or not... there's no guarantee it will secure this critical adoption. But arguments ITT to claim it will fail are wrong.

Right.

So, for example, Ethereum is considered a potentially decent basis for creating an Internet of Things because it already has a large network of miners, and the larger the network becomes, the more secure it is. This acts as a disincentive to copy cats creating what are essentially variants of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, because their coin wouldn't have a comparable network of miners, and consequently would be less secure (although it the tech was arguably better, miners could adopt it, but it would take time, and miner adoption is typically a slow process).

Anyway, the point I was getting at is, how can IOTA ensure that it won't be replaced by a different Tangle based currency? As previously mentioned, Ethereum has significant miner support based on a large scale network. If IOTA has no mining to start with, what incentive is there for individual or networks to buy it, when they could just develop their own tangle currency for a lower price?

i think its mainly first mover advantage, the branding and ofc the community. for example im running a iota full node because i believe in the idea and i want to be part of the iota community. dont want to say that your points are invalid, but more people using the tangle the more secure and the more faster it gets. so you could say the actual "users" are the miners. only that users dont care about to make profit of of securing and fasteing the network like miners does.

Realistically, with a 2 billion supply, how high could the price for this even get?

This is the guy arguing against Iota?

What a joke.

Bitcoin is 4200 BECAUSE its the first mover and originator of blockchain tech.

Iota will be worth $42 in a couple years BECAUSE it is the first mover and originator of tangle tech

This argument about someone being able to emulate is fucking retarded.

Of course there will be competition. More competiton is good for Iota. It builds the credibility of Tangle tech. And since Iota is to Tangle what Bitcoin is to blockchain, Iota will benefit from a growing user base.

Your logic could be used for Mcdonalds. Well why would i buy a mcdouble when I can make my own fast food burger joint and have free mcdoubles and charge people for theirs.

Well because McDonalds has spent decades refining their craft and business model.

Thats a fucking burger chain, now imagine a complicated protocol like a Tangle based ledger.

Good fucking luck having the US government, or any government sans China, have the ability to make this without it costing hundreds of billions of dollars before it falls flat on its face.

Your argument is based around government copycats. Well unless youre a communist you understand that government can not keep up with capitalist innovation

Take your theory and bring it to every thread and I'll smack you down like the bitchass you are.

Because IOTA is unsecure until the network becomes huge. After that it's very very secure. A clone would never get the kind of adoption that it needs to be secure, and would be extremely vulnerable.

IOTA right now is not working as intended. Security is being assisted until the tangle is big enough to support itself.

Did you not read what he had to say. Iota is dirt while BTC is gold. There is WORK to be put into BTC which is one reason why it's so valuable. There will be no one profiting solely off people using Iota. Only the sellers profit. Bitcoin is scarce because even though anyone can clone it there is no blockchain with as much mining power and the incentive to make money through mining is the DRIVING FORCE of Bitcoin's high value.

IOTA's only value is that it is backed by BTC as someone said earlier in the thread this will never replace blockchain. IOTA is easily cloneable as is BTC, but the difference in value between clones is dependent on how much mining power is put into the crypto. Since tangle does not require mining then any clone could come along and replace it far easier than a BTC clone would be able to replace BTC.

Here's a scenario for you tangle-tards. I make GenericExactBTCClone tomorrow. GEBC is a complete copy of Bitcoin's current tech but starting from a clean blockchain. I go on Veeky Forums and bitcointalk and say, "look at this new crypto you faggots it can be just as valuable as BTC, it will be worth 4k USD one day! It can be used exactly like BTC, but it is goes for pennies on Yobit!" What will happen is GEBC will gain no traction and little value as it would never accumulate the mining power of BTC because established miners would not switch to GEBC. They wouldn't want to risk their capital mining something other than BTC because they know GEBC's mining network will never come close to BTC's. Unless there is an impossible political and idealogical shift to switch to GEBC.

Now as for IOTA and the tangle technology that it is based on. Let me first start off by saying if you think it costs millions of dollars to develop something like iota than you might be literally retarded or just plain shilling. The 'guts' behind the tech has already been published, it is open source and can be read by anyone. You could... 1/?

Eh, maybe. You're making an analogy between a physical business model and a cryptocurrency. I doubt the veracity or this analogy because you can't just copy and paste a physical business for practically no cost, whereas with crypto it is trivial to copy a coin's code. My point is, why would anyone buy IOTA when they could just copy the code and make their own version of the ledger? There's no mining involved...

probably find a few pajeet coders to copypasta their white paper and make Pajeet-ota.

Now let's say iota has gained traction and is being used by businesses and individuals. It's actually popular and much more expensive now. Microsoft wants to start using the tangle and looks into Iota. They say, "hahaha no thanks I'm not paying this much for 1 iota these idiots didn't even patent this tech because of 'muh decentralization." Why buy this when Pajeet-ota is only .12 USD on Yobit! It is the exact same!" Or more realistically Microsoft hired competent people to develop Microsoft-ota, and just like that iota is completely undermined because not only does Microsoft start using it for various business procedures they start selling it to the public for 1/26 IOTA's current price. This doesn't even have to happen with a company as massive as msoft either.

Hold on now tangle-tards are gonna say, "but they could do da same thing with blockchain :'(((" They very well could, but they wouldn't be able to get MINERS to switch to Windows BTC.

Youre implying that this is not an innovation from Bitcoin.

Its not GENERIC BITCOIN 200

The tangle tech is vastly superior to blockchain. Sure there will be competiton, but Iota has first mover and since theyre the creator of the technology theyll have a huge competitive advantage.

If you concede that tangle is superior to blockchain, ill concede that Iota is more susceptible to being replaced by another TANGLE tech than Bitcoin is susceptible to being replaced by another blockchain.

And wtf are you yammering on about how Iota is backed/reliant by BTC? Thats utterly false and shows how little you know about Iota.

RaiBlocks and its trademark block-lattice structure is the superior scalable instant transaction and zero fees by design cryptocurrency. It also has third worlder captcha farms -- a unique way of giving work and a helping hand to those in need.

The future is now. Buy RaiBlocks.

And I would like to add that Satoshi realized this as well. He realized BTC would be worthless without mining and scarcity and if he had thought BTC through as you are now it actually would be worthless. Satoshi would have developed something like tangle but he knew it could easily copied by anyone and undermined by a more powerful entity at any given time.