Nazi Germany

Nazi Germany
>destroyed civilian areas
>put some captured civilians in camps to be killed
>treated their enemies like subhumans
>ran large scale propaganda operations to convince their civilians that their enemies were subhumans
>told their civilians to fight and die rather than surrender, leading to millions of unnecessary deaths

Imperial Japan
>massacred civilian areas
>put some captured civilians in camps to be tortured and tested on
>treated the Chinese like subhumans, considered you lower than insects if you surrendered
>used propaganda to convince their own civilians that their enemies were monsters
>convinced their civilians to fight and die rather than surrender, leading to millions of unnecessary deaths

Tell me again why it's okay to romanticize the Japs in WW2?

Tell me again why the atomic bombings were such barbaric acts?

Tell me again why putting Japanese immigrants in camps to defend against spies was such a cruel injustice?

Tell me again why making propaganda posters of funny-looking Japs was such a wrong thing to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_to_kill_100_people_using_a_sword
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_to_kill_100_people_using_a_sword
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-German_cooperation_1926–1941
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That movie doesn't romanticize Japs. It just shows that soldiers from both sides have the same feelings and thoughts. Also noone really cares about the rest of that stuff besides dumbass SJWs.

Japs made anime popular and their culture is big between western youth and adults

germany killed jews/europeans

prove me wrong

Because the Japs didn't do the HOLOCAUST OY VEY, HOW DARE THOSE FILTHY GOYS KILL GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE???

Reap the whirlwind, faggot.

Okay, we get it. You don't care much for the Jews ~

>told their civilians to fight and die rather than surrender, leading to millions of unnecessary deaths
This didn't lead to millions of deaths though because unlike the Japs most Germans weren't complete fanatics and were tired of the war and believed the Western Allies would treat them well if they gave up

when you put your own citizens into camps because (((they))) might be spies you know you fucked up

>Japs in WW2
Medieval army tier
>Germans in WW2
Industrial Genocide tier

The jews who run the media in the west hate germans therefore they are vilified. Meanwhile in china germans can be romanticised but you just try to say anything positive about the japanese in chinese media.

>Despite their best efforts, the last 4 months of the war were an exercise in futility for the Volkssturm, and the Nazi leadership's insistence to continue the fight to the bitter end contributed to an additional 1.23 million (approximated) deaths, half of them German military personnel and the other half from the Volkssturm.

what kind of people are on this board?
Allies and soviets lost so many troops even after we surrendered because everwhere little squads still resisted especially in the big cities with 12 year old sniping kids in the buildings etc.
It was a gigantic clusterfuck of urban warfare in the end days of the war. imagine an mg nest held by 4 15 year olds. that kinda thing. And yes, most germans were complete fanatics.

Who romanticises Imperial Japan? A handful of weebs who get all their knowledge of the place from cartoons?

Letters from Iwo Jima is literally the only mainstream film I can think of that goes anywhere near. Even then it only humanises them, not romanticised. Not to mention it only got any attention by being tacked on to Flags of Our Fathers.

>Werewolf squads.jpg

>american popular history fairytales that never had any significant effect on the war

>he thinks Werwolf actually did anything other than blunder around and then be arrested

>Tell me again why the atomic bombings were such barbaric acts
because no matter how rude the japs have been to your soldiers, it is never not barbaric to drop firebombs on civillians or nuke women and children to glass.

The Allies in 45 switched from targeting the war economy to directly targeting civilian infrastructure and killing as many people as possible. It became a war of annihilation until the enemy would either be beaten into submission or exterminated. It is effective, it is understandable why someone would chose to employ that strategy, but it will never not be barbaric or the right thing to do.

>starving, beating, bayoneting, beheading competitions, cannibalism and vivisection of prisoners is just being rude

doesn't change anything.

>the enemy being literal cartoon monsters doesn't change anything

Well, there are more things in life than consumerism son.I know you love your vanilla ally schindlers list rambo vision of history but the results of your anglo-centric globalist world are what you see today so...no thanks.Also you are the typical faggot who thinks the soldier or the good patriot is the same shit as the corrupt governing class.You dont know what being are romantic means and never will.

>civilians that work producing goods for the military are not a legit target during war

>they had competitions to see how many prisoners they could kill, because they were good patriots

Well no according the "humaniarian rules of engagement" that the allys like to promote so much.Also, the nukes should be used like victim card as much as the holocaust but heres the deal: Japanese people are truly strong people so they dont need to play victims of history.

those rules should work both ways

Suffering to the conquered.
Also any source? See, the problem is that history is written by the victor so Ive grown tired of being fed whit this one sided good vs radical evil dialectic since ive born while at the same time seeing what the virtous allys have done throughout history.It gets old, it gets nauseating.Accept your fucking inhumanity for once.they are not the banner of virtue this fucking monwy pumped barbarians.

>killing prisoners for fun is OK because suffering to the conquered
>he says while whinging about dropping A bombs on cities

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_to_kill_100_people_using_a_sword

Not that guy, but the laws of armed conflict don't stop applying just because the enemy starts targeting civilians or killing prisoners. I have no strong feelings on the subject of the atomic bombing of Japan - it was Realpolitik in action, they figured it was the least costly way to end the war, a land invasion of Japan might have been incredibly costly, it would show off the new bombs to the rest of the world, so they dropped them. That doesn't mean you have to pretend it wasn't, at the very best, a necessary evil.

Because an A bomb equals the destructive power than killing war prisoners.

Also I would like sources.Altough this shouldnt be a contest to see whos the most inhumane.War dehumanizes, period.The point is that all this shilling straight from a Call of Duty game shoul be counterweighted with some anglo realism for once.Im on my phone if not I could be more detailed in my arguments, but hope it gets the point

this

>muh waifu!

It does, yes. The number of people killed by both bombs is dwarfed by the number of people killed by the Japanese.

>the US dropping nukes to decisively end a war with a country that attacked it first was barbaric
>but killing prisoners for fun is okay

>they dont need to play victims of history.
They can't play victims when they are on the evil side of history.

Cut off with the bullshit.
Here, read it entirely:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_to_kill_100_people_using_a_sword

Srsly mates you arw fucking delusional of you believe all the radical evil bullshit youve been spoonfed

>We'd face an enemy trench that we'd captured, and when we called out, "Ni, Lai-Lai!" (You, come on!), the Chinese soldiers were so stupid, they'd rush toward us all at once.

KEK

No one says any of that besides about the a-bombs you dumb americuck

America
>destroyed civilian areas
>put some civilians in camps
>treated their enemies like subhumans
>ran large scale propaganda operations to convince their civilians that their enemies were subhumans

I don't know to be honest, if the enemy doesn't abide to any rules why should you do it just to be morally superior. Especially in armed conflicts where everything is at stake.

>it is understandable why someone would chose to employ that strategy

It would be understandable for a country fighting for survival, which was never America's case in WW2
America fought for power, nothing else
It's the reason why they felt entitled to an unconditional Japanese surrender and a never-ending US occupation of Japan (even if it meant they had to nuke the civilians to achieve that) rather than just letting them rot as a weak isolated country after having stolen their empire

>See, the problem is that history is written by the victor

In this case the victor was definitely in the right. The Japanese without cause, invaded, slaughtered, raped and destroyed other nations and peoples and then got destroyed. What was done was ultimately justified in the end.

What was the point in posting that? You just proved that they did kill prisoners for fun.

Are you arguing against yourself?

Then why do jews play victims?

They weren't white and therefore can't be responsible for any barbaric actions they committed whilst the German and American whiteys should have known better and just bent over.

Unironically this was probably a contributing factor.

Is there any movie that focuses on German soldiers in an attempt to humanize them?

> implying the Allies didn't rape French people or treat them badly
> implying the allies didn't create concentration camps
> implying the allies didn't starve POWs
> implying the Bolsheviks didn't murder 10 times the amount of people
> implying

If anything the Japanese need to be romanticized more. Americans have a cartoonish understanding of why Japan went to war.

t. Chinese guy

anyone has already reasons to hate germans, WW2 is just adding to the pile

das boot off the top of my head.

It's not entirely "an attempt to humanize them" but it does present them as human beings instead of caricatures.

>Tell me again why it's okay to romanticize the Japs in WW2?

Because the ideology that drove Japan is not one that can be replicated, while NatSoc is a part of our own political spectrum. This makes people wary of something their people could easily be convinced is right, and lead to more war and death. No one outside of Japan is ever going to die for the Emperor or State Shinto.

Kamikaze attacks, Banzai charges, suicide to avoid capture (and not because the capture would have resulted in torture and death, but because it would have dishonoured the Army, the Emperor, and the soldier) and all the other behaviours associated with the Japanese in WW2 are symptomatic of a deep cultural heritage and concepts of piety and honour that we in the West simply don't share. The horrific acts perpetrated by the Japs were simply other results of this culture when combined with an unleashing of hatred against the enemy.

German soldiers however, conducted themselves in extreme fashions, but fashions that we see our own soldiers following. Their acts were conducted with ideas in mind that we can readily associate with (racial hatred, ultranationalism, civic duty, ideological warfare, etc). The holocaust and the slaughter of Soviets and Poles and others were symptomatic of ideas that we are very familiar with, and that scares a lot of people.

Plus of course, the Japs don't look like us, they speak a strange language, and have strange arts, so we empathise less and look past the brutality.

Because you are a westerner, ask any chinese how much they care for germany,
They only care for the fucking japs

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-German_cooperation_1926–1941

Stalingrad and Downfall.

Ya because the japs were fighting to destroy the blood thirsty invaders that swept across the pacific----

oh... you were projecting.

Ya? Enlighten me then, why'd the japs go to war?

t. Chinese guy

t. butthurt sausage eating surrender monkey

>racial hatred, ultranationalism, civic duty, ideological warfare, etc

You are literally describing japs when you think you're describing things that are specific to krauts.

Since Veeky Forums doesn't allow me to write things out in crayon for /pol/ brainlets, I'll make it very simple for you.

There is fuck all difference between a typhoon and a monsoon, they're both storms.

There is fuck all difference between krauts and japs. They are the same blood thirsty hordes of landgrabbing violent cowards that got mercy they didn't deserve once they were thoroughly B T F O.

Also, 2 were not enough and bomber Harris should've started with Dresden.

t. i dont know what im talking about.

>replying to a logical well-reasoned and mature post with this melodramatic diarrhoea

Americans should be banned from this board please.

Krauts
>killed g*d's chosen people
Japs
>killed chinks

You really should be able to figure out why media is so focused on demonizing krauts.

>They are the same blood thirsty hordes of landgrabbing violent cowards that got mercy they didn't deserve once they were thoroughly B T F O.

See, this is the thing, you think that you're being a wise and enlightened cynic by breaking the stereotype that Japs were all spiritual honourabru warriors by saying that everyone was just the same and they were all acting for the same reasons.

This, however, is ignorant of the fact that there was a very clear culture in the Japanese military (particularly naval aviation, which attracted many of the more upper-class cavalier types) that did put a very strong emphasis on honour and piety. There are literally hundreds of books about this stuff, because it is so strange to Europeans and Americans that people would fly suicide attacks simply because they believed it was the honourable and noble thing to do and that it would bring glory to Japan and the Emperor.

The same cultural misunderstanding is why people believe Islamic jihadists are nothing more than mentally ill people who would all be happy members of society if they just got psychological help and practiced 'true' Islam. It is a position completely ignorant of the fact that these people come from a culture where this kind of warfare is idolised, and people of full mental faculty will willingly volunteer for this because they KNOW it is the right thing to do.

This is why Japan produced kamakaze pilots who literally wrote poetry before going on their attack runs, this is the same culture that produced people like Mishima, a brilliant author who staged a failed coup simply to give himself an excuse to commit seppuku. You really don't understand the cultural gulf between the East and the West if you believe the Japs did what they did because of nationalism, civic duty, and ideology like the Germans.

That said, I'm not from /pol/, and I genuinely believe this kind of culture is wonderful, and should be preserved as much as possible against Western materialism.

>hahahaha they lose the war

>still being butthurt over WW2
lmaoing @ ur lyf

>still using ww2 propaganda adn pictures to bashing krauts.

Hypocrisy is real