Polish Treatment of Germans Pre-WW2?

Recently one of my friends told me to watch The Greatest Story Never Told and so I decided to even though I've never really cared about it and one of the things shown in the video was about how Poland was exiling, discriminating, and killing Germans in their former lands where there was still significant German populations. It also described how the Polish were calling for the murder of Germans on a radio station right before Germany invaded. Now I have always been a huge history fan since I was young particularly Roman and WW2 history so I knew that the radio tower thing was German propaganda where they snuck in and broadcast that as to make it seem like the Germans there were in an immediate threat so they could invade right away.

I also know that Poland was mobilizing troops before that and could be seen as an act of hostility that way but so were Germans around the same time so it's hard to determine who was mobilizing first. But one thing I thought that was common knowledge was that the Polish were treating Germans like crap prior to WW2 and did end up killing at least some of them while pushing them out or having public outcries against Germany after Czechoslovakia.

I recently got into an argument with someone and brought that up as a prelude to WW2 and to explain partially why it happened and they told me it was false but I remember reading about it even in high school through history books back in the 90s and any readings on WW2. Well I went back to research to see if it was true and now I can barely find anything, most of it is just neo-Nazi sites and forums of people saying its just not true propaganda but I can not find anything from around that time period or even slightly after discussing those claims or disputes. And from what I remember when I was younger and read or looked things up for WW2 I swear it was something was taught as the prelude, but it was never taught as an excuse for the horrible things Nazi Germany did afterwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Corridor
jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/rydz/end/2017-06-30/page/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The closest thing I can find to mentioning it now on a "normal" source (wikipedia so we all know how that goes) is this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Corridor

Which talks about a large exodus of Germans and occasional violence and discrimination but gives no definite and even says that it's not an excuse. Am I crazy, did I actually learn about that as common and its been slowly faded out or is it something that was always never true? I swear I remembered it years and years ago being taught with Poland German relations but now I honestly have no idea?

>Recently one of my friends told me to watch The Greatest Story Never Told

>knew that the radio tower thing was German propaganda where they snuck in and broadcast that as to make it seem like the Germans there were in an immediate threat so they could invade right away.

Do you have a single source for that? Other than allied propaganda. The invasion of Poland was an act of self defense.

Why is that? Right away I point out something that is false with it, if my post makes me seem like a Nazi in any kind of way I feel sorry for you. I couldn't even get halfway through that thing because now I'm stuck trying to figure out even something that should easily be proven from there is wrong but it is something I swear I remembered learning way before that video.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Corridor
You are thinking about two completely different things. Most Germans left Poland right after WW1, some others decided to emigrate to Germany after 1925 Land Reform.

That's long before WW2.

That was directed more towards your friend.

Yeah that's the only thing I can find from a semi normal post even relating to tension between Poland and Germany after WW1 prior to WW2 and it doesn't even match up with what was claimed in 1939. I honestly just have no idea where any sources on that are, the only thing there are is videos and forums from neo-Nazis or people calling everything propaganda.

There is no sources I can find that are reputable calling it true or false and nothing around this time period but I thought I remembered being taught it happened that way back when, before Veeky Forums even existed. Now I'm trying to figure out if it was just something that I thought I heard in passing or if I'm not crazy for thinking that was what was taught but seeing as there are no sources I seriously can't figure out and it's bothering me.

Oh yeah he's a huge fan of the Nazis so I debate facts with him all the time, I try to be more impartial towards every side and just use the facts and wade out the propaganda but it's tough. He's my friend because we just have the same hobbies and talk about many things but I'm not judgmental so I don't really care that he's a loony.

>But one thing I thought that was common knowledge was that the Polish were treating Germans like crap prior to WW2 and did end up killing at least some of them while pushing them out or having public outcries against Germany after Czechoslovakia.
You thought wrong.

Just think for a moment.

Weimar Republic - Poland - really bad relations, land reform, customs war, Germans sending thousands of complains to League of Nations

Hitler - 1934 - German-Polish Non Aggression Pact - we friends now! Poland loves its German minority!

1939 - Hitler demands Danzig / Poland refuses - wtf Poland, stop holocausting ethnic Germans!

It's such obvious propaganda that only a dumb stormfag would believe it.

Enjoy:
jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm

Yeah I sure wonder you could be behind (((Trump))). Of course, it was BASED ISRAEL!

Okay so you just acted like 99% of reddit and those websites I looked up that "refuted" the claim, just calling it propaganda and then everyone who says it Nazis.

How does a Non Aggression Pact make anyone friends? It makes sense to me that Poland would be extremely anti-German especially after Czechoslovakia.

The Poles had massive pits where thousands of German-speaking men, women, and children were buried alive in a cult ritual to satiate the eldritch gods of Poland.

>jrbooksonline
Why is it the same link every single time?

Poland became anti-German not after Czechoslovakia but after Hitler's demands regarding Danzig and the Corridor.

>just calling it propaganda and then everyone who says it Nazis
Because there is no proof of this. Germans were treated so badly in Poland they had their own parties, press and schools.

The Corridor was way before Danzig demands and there were claims up to the Danzig demand of German murders and abuse.

>Germans were treated so badly in Poland they had their own parties, press and schools.

Honestly what does that even have to do with anything. Wow a large population had their own communities that means there was nothing bad going on! I really can't take your logic of Non Aggression = besties and having schools = not kicking the shit kicked out of them for being German.

>source
>Nazi propaganda and a shitty article written by some neo-Nazi moron
No.

Sure, I bet.

TGSNT tries to make you think the Poles were the antagonists oppressing poor German minorities yet neglects to tell you about how Poles were treated like utter shit in the Third Reich and in the German Empire before it. It also doesn't tell you about the horrible treatment the Poles were subjected to after the occupation of their country which resulted in over 2 million non-Jewish deaths

the Nazis invaded Poland in a war of conquest and massacred Polish leaders in Operation Tannenberg, Intelligenzaktion, Palmiry massacre, and AB-Aktion which killed ~128,000 Poles. They conducted war in the most brutal way possible, conducting the first terror bombing of WW2 at Wielun. They also set up most of their death camps in Poland and forced people into ghettos where they were starved to death. They began "Germanization" of Poland by suppressing and trying to erase any trace of their history and culture, which included plans to completely restructure Warsaw.

Of course the Stormfags don't want you to know this and want to make it seem like Germans were the victims. The treatment of Poles by Germany was far far worse than the treatment of Germans by Poles, which was mostly just mob violence and there was never targeted persecution by the Polish government

>Non Aggression = besties
Are you really this dense? There was no mention of Polish atrocities before 1939.

>Wow a large population had their own communities that means there was nothing bad going on!
It means that the Poles did not oppress Germans that much. For example Communist parties were illegal in Poland.

YFW the German 'minority' in Danzig was 95% of the population.

It's propaganda for the most part. It's true that there was discrimination against ethnic Germans in Poland but it was certainly no worse than that experienced by Poles in Germany. It can't be portrayed as being a valid justification for war with Poland since the Germans did the exact same shit themselves (and worse) to the Polish.

"Danzig massacre" is a dumb modern lie. Stormfags are too dumb to realize that Bromberg is not Danzig.

Real Nazi propaganda pushed the narrative that Poles were killing etnic Germans in Pomerelia and in Western Poland. There were many articles about alleged Polish crimes in German press.

We aren't talking about during WW2, I already covered how it doesn't make up for whatever Germany did during it.

>Are you really this dense? There was no mention of Polish atrocities before 1939

What? The article I linked said they were being kicked out, discriminated, and attacked violently and that goes up to 1934. I'm talking about in 1939.

>It means that the Poles did not oppress Germans that much. For example Communist parties were illegal in Poland.

No not having a political party is horrible oppression but potentially getting beaten in the streets and killed is not? What the fuck are you talking about, you honestly just seem like a modern day Communist, I'm not interested in your dumb theories of Non Aggression = friends and having schools and political parties = amazing life. That makes no sense and doesn't have anything to do with what is trying to be discussed, either provide some sources or get out of here with your insane logic to try and prove one side right.

You did not link any articles.

So they had political parties, minority schoold, their own church, their own press, they were protected by the League of Nations, they has support of the Weimar Republic and later Nazi Germany but they were apparently oppressed even if there is virtually no proof of this.

You sound like a stormfag pretending to be neutral.

>Britain neglected to declare war on the Soviet Union. Why not, if the integrity of Poland's borders was so important? Inquiring minds want to know.

It's almost like Germany had repeatedly invaded other countries after being told not to, and had been explicitly told that invading Poland would result in war, while Russia had not.

Ignoring of course that Operation Pike was being planned before the battle of France caused all available resources to be redeployed.

I posted that wikipedia article in the second post you dumb Communist and you already called me a Nazi for thinking what I heard prior to Stormfront or Veeky Forums even existing was common knowledge so I really don't give a shit what some dumbass like you says because you're adding nothing of substance here besides your own shitty reasoning as to why you think there was no discrimination at all or violence.

This Wikipedia article is very vague and it clearly refers to things happening before 1934.

Holy fucking shit

>What? The article I linked said they were being kicked out, discriminated, and attacked violently and that goes up to 1934. I'm talking about in 1939.

I really have to post what I just said again? That's why I'm asking for SOURCES or information about the events in 1939, to me it feels like they all completely disappeared. I learned about that wayyyy back when through texts and old readings on WW2 and now I can't find anything. That is the whole purpose of this thread, please go be a moron somewhere else.

There are not any sources.

>they all completely disappeared
There weren't any.

>I learned about that wayyyy back when through texts and old readings on WW2 and now I can't find anything
Propaganda or old outdated books (possibly from West Germany).

Well more unbacked claims, spewing of reddit answers, and bullshit. I'll just chock it up as neither side is right and neither side will ever be right.

>unbacked claims
This whole thread is about you and what you allegedly learned in the 90s. You did not provide a single source of your claims.

What do you even want?

>it's another episode of "Poland was the aggressor" meme

Jesus apparently the whole point of this thread went way over your tiny little brain.

What's the point of your thread?

Go read the first fucking question and what I've said I'm not reposting everything back to you because you can't read.

So you want us to produce books that don't exist?

I'm guessing he wants us to tell him Hitler dindu nuffin and the reason he can find barely remembered sources from 20 years ago is because of a conspiracy by (((((((them))))

You're probably misremembering the Silesian Uprising, which happened just after the war

>he didn't even read the first question

Alright I'm done, since you're the only retard still posting here it's become pointless.

Yes that's exactly it, no definite sources for or against but it's definitely because I'm a Nazi. This is probably the least intelligent board I've ever posted to.

Well you know where to fuck off to then don't you?

ah yes, the poles deserved it worse am I right blitzfront?

>no definite source for or against it
No. Against it are all modern historians. For it are stormfags and your books from the 90s.

>Germans were treated so badly in Poland they had their own parties, press and schools.

More like that was part of the stipulations of Versallies and getting Danzig. Compared to how Poles were treated in Germany, The Germans in Poland were super well off. Especially since most were hard core Nazi dissidents not even loyal to Poland

What happened to the Poles who remained in Germany after 1919?

they had it way worse than the Germans on the other side of the border

Evidence?

>Recently one of my friends told me to watch The Greatest Story Never Told

"Wait what did you just say? About Mein Kampf?"
How did you like the part about Einsatzgruppen as the anti-terrorits organisation or SS the most multicultural military group in history?

Anyway.
No. On /pol/ you will see lots of people denying various war crimes. Nazi war crimes of course. You can have an awesome discussion with them about communist crimes. But they don't know shit about life under German occupation. They probably imagine that it was business as usual only with occassional nazi officer enjoying coffee and reading newspaper with sun shining brightly. Nothing about Palmiry, round ups, Stutthof, kidnapping of children, operation Tannenberg etc etc.
This knowledge hurts their worldview. They'll ask you for death certificate for every victim of labor camp.

Short answer: things like Gleiwitz radio station attack, Bloody Sunday and such were false flag operations that fooled exactly nobody 80 years ago. You will also notice a couple fake quotes one coming from a non-existent Daily Mail issue. This was BTFO on /pol/ of all places when one user got the access to the archives.

>"Wait what did you just say? About Mein Kampf?"

You realise most of this is false-flag done by the Germans in Operation Himmler?

>ask for a source
>they link a white nationalist website and nazi propaganda
theres literally no point in arguing with these people is there?

Today /pol/ is on a roll. At least three threads about this one after another. Most related to their butthurt at the fact that football fans decided to commemorate the anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising.
The "based bolan" meme ends when they find out that Poles don't feel like lying about their history to make them happy.

Danzig wasn't under Polish rule. It was a separate state (Freie Stadt Danzig) with it's own administration and armed forces.
Danzig was already under NSDAP rule after their 1933 elections.

Such a rich and interesting history and Anglophones still call it Danzig (also mispronouncing it) because of pre-WWII period.

And they would be right about this particular period but there's so much more.

>This was BTFO on /pol/ of all places when one user got the access to the archives.
anyone have a link to the post in 4plebs?

>mfw trying to look throught the archives searching "Rydz" and seeing the same pic with the fake quote

I don't know when that was. Maybe I chose the wrong dates but from what I'm seeing some people link to some debunking material.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/rydz/end/2017-06-30/page/1/

There was another quote which was taken from a Polish newspaper which I debunked personally here on Veeky Forums. Some also post the words of the old religious hymn from late 19th century claiming it comes from 1930s as a proof of Polish warmongery.