Chainlink ICO

Alright so I've seen this in a couple discords and it's one of the highest rated ICOs on the famous spreadsheet, but I still don't know too much about it.

On their site it says they're working with swift which is insane.

Anyone know more or going all in on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

finextra.com/pressarticle/70428/smartcontractcom-unveils-chainlink-plans-adds-to-advisory-board
link.smartcontract.com/
chainlink-docs.smartcontract.com/#external-adapters
slack.smartcontract.com/
slack.smartcontract.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, go away

Is this the one that Jeff Bezos was talking about a month or two ago?

>working prototype
>partnered with fucking SWIFT and working on an actual project for them already
>decent market cap
>possible to run a node for which 35% of the supply are locked away

alright, stay poor user

I think so

what's price target?

Where available? Where tokens listed?

You also forgot to mention the only ICO in existence that is not a meme and want to bring value to smart contracts by applying it to the real world.

The SWIFT partnership and the proof of concept is just icing on the cake.

We are looking at the first 100x gains coin of 2018 right here.

you need to put in 100 eth to even participate in sale.

Aren't they going to have an ICO though?

100 minimum? Fucking kek. Sauce?

It's literally just oracles for ethereum, which you can already make just as well without this network/token. I don't see why it's anything new.

They are, it's gonna be like 10 million dollars caponly though (depending on whether the presale sells out or not). So basically getting into the ICO is a lottery for free money.

um, no.

do you even eth bro?

Yeah they are reserving tokens for the general public sale

100 ETH min is for presale

enlighten me

Bullshit
Sauceless

So I can't buy a small amount tomorrow on binance? Europoor here.

They haven't even started the crowdsale.

The presale is going on with a min of 100 ETH.

I believe it goes public in a week or two.

Is this actually true?
How hard is it to lose money if you get into an low market cap ICO early?

0x seemed like free money.

Are you fucking retarded, the cap is around 32 million.

$32 million hard cap

50% goes to presale and the other 50% is public crowdsale

do the math

They never said any % based numbers, and that they just have a number in mind for presale.

Do the math dipshit, it still isn't close to 10 million.

actually it's 35/35/30 with 30% going to the company

not doing your research for you. I can tell you just want to FUD.

From their faq
>ChainLink is blockchain middleware that allows smart contracts to access key off-chain resources like data feeds, various web APIs, and traditional bank account payments.
That's what existing oracles do.
>The way this problem is traditionally solved is through the use of a blockchain middleware called an "oracle", which is the role ChainLink plays in the smart contract ecosystem.
They say themselves they play the role of oracle
>Any data, payments, e-signature, or other API provider, as well as individual developers, can easily join the network by connecting an API their familiar with. Once the API they'd like to offer to smart contracts is connected to a ChainLink, they become a ChainLink Node Operator, responsible for keeping that API connected to the ChainLink Network and being compensated in LINK for their succesfull fullfilment of on-chain requests.
So instead of creating an oracle directly on eth, developers can do it via the chainlink network. Sure, it might be easier with chainlink as a middleware, but it's not fundamentally new.
Another thing they plan to offer is a sort of marketplace for oracles, again this is kinda cool but not revolutionary.

But who is doing it all together?

I can see betting apps being built with this tech. You find another person to bet against on the app, say in a NBA game. The final score that comes back from the API determines the winner and releases the money to the winner. No middle man fees is collected and users remain anonymous, making it impossible for authorities to shut it down in places where online betting is illegal like in the US.

Well their partner is one of the biggest players in banking so I don't think illegal gambling is the biggest draw here for the ICO

I was wrong user, it's actually 16 million for the ICO. 16 million is allocated for the pre-sale only. So whoever did not get into the pre-sale has to fight for the rest 16 mil.

Both Oraclize and Reality Keys offer similar services at the moment.
I'm waiting for the whitepaper to see the details of chainlink, I've read the faq, developer documentation and github readme's but nowhere does it give a real clear overview of how the whole scheme works.

Filling the role of oracle != oracle.

Hai hai!~

So I've been looking into ChainLink for the past few days (ever since someone mentioned it on the discords). And you know what? I'm really interested! If what I'm reading is right (still waiting on the white paper though, sadly...), then this thing links external off-chain resources to the blockchain.

What does this mean? Well, right now, smart contracts can't be executed on things happening "off" the blockchain. Say my house suffered flooding because of a hurricane. I'm insured, but I would have to wait awhile for the insurance company to verify everything before I get my payment. But what if there was a way to make it so that in case flooding, sensors would detect this, relay the information, and trigger a smart contract that would immediately pay out money to my bank account? Or another example, say that that I missed a payment on my leased car. A smart contract could activate, making impossible for me to start or even open the car until I pay up the money.

In other words, if you solve the "middleware" issue, then this could change how entire industries work. This could be HUGE~

In addition, these guys have a working prototype (always nice to see when compared to projects with just proof-of-concepts), are partnered up with SWIFT (basically the incumbent giant messaging network used by banks which blockchain threatens to destroy with its very existence), the World Economic Forum (ie world leaders, business leaders, and big money: the annual forum), Cornell's specialized tech school, and more. AND just yesterday they're adding an advisory board with heavy hitters:
>finextra.com/pressarticle/70428/smartcontractcom-unveils-chainlink-plans-adds-to-advisory-board

what is the website?

A wild anime chan has appeared

Anyways, with ChainLink, people set up nodes that act as individual data/payment providers (Like SWIFT) and create single oracles for use in dapps. In exchange for this, they node operators get paid in LINK tokens for the data access they provide to smart contracts. So the token does have utility!

Even though the white paper isn't out yet (it's being peer reviewed), I don't think I can miss this opportunity. Especially since the token distributes right after the ICO (0x, anyone?).

The problem is that I'm a bit short on funds and can't meet the 100 ETH min needed to enter into the pre-sale (with that 20% bonus they're offering!). I mean I could, but there are some other cool ICOs coming up. So I'm thinking about reaching out to real life friends and associates. That way we can pool our money together and buy in (it would also help with the restrictions on US investors). Hoping that goes well and we can get the ball rolling by tomorrow! Otherwise, I'll miss the bonus wait until the ICO.

Oh, and I suppose you can consider this the unofficial start of ICO Festival everyone! We've got a lot of cool deals coming in, so spend your money wisely!~

Right here, user:
>link.smartcontract.com/

Kawaii kawaii kawaii kawaii kawaii
A
W
A
I
I

But as far as I can tell, it's still a single API being served over http(s) to the chainlink nodes
see the docs here
chainlink-docs.smartcontract.com/#external-adapters
I can't see anything about the chainlink network giving additional guarantees, in the end you still have to trust a single data provider.
I read something about chainlink nodes staking LINK tokens on the correctness of the results they give, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

Thanks based anime chan.

>peer reviewed

Did any ICO ever have a peer-reviewed whitepaper?

How much can you get with 1 eth?

can we be real life friends?

>tfw i dont have any more to put into LINK because it's all tied up in blockcat, obsidian, and zrx

Fuck if i just had some more money i could make more money

good god....this is gonna be huge

2000 LINK if you buy in the first 24 hours (or let's be realistic, the first 30 seconds).

Anyone want to pool together and get in on the presale?

I hope it's not that fast, the network will be so congested with that much demand

it's over

Can't wait to see
Debit
Credit
Ether

On POS terminals

>I can't see anything about the chainlink network giving additional guarantees, in the end you still have to trust a single data provider.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the node operator will just be a random outlet for someone to get the external data from, like someone seeding an existing torrent--they don't get to change anything, just the flow speed of the data.

Maybe. It still seems kind of under the radar, people are busy shilling fucking TRON instead.

it's not over faggot

they said it's still going on in their slack

slack.smartcontract.com/

I don't know anything about it but it literally looks centralized based on that image, is the IMF making another move?

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like every node operator can choose which APIs they offer, so if you use an API you get it from that specific node.
>Any data, payments, e-signature, or other API provider, as well as individual developers, can easily join the network by connecting an API their familiar with. Once the API they'd like to offer to smart contracts is connected to a ChainLink, they become a ChainLink Node Operator, responsible for keeping that API connected to the ChainLink Network and being compensated in LINK for their succesfull fullfilment of on-chain requests.

Probably, but I can't think of one off the top of my head!

Oh now, user-san~ You have to get to know me first!

But user-kun, this is just the *start* of ICO Fes! We still have like 5 to 6 really interesting ICOs coming up! This is why whales, people in the discords, and generally anyone in the know has been either saving up money or been trying to flip things to build up their reserves.

Though Tron *is* on the list of ICOs I'm interested in, I'm worried about it being uncapped.

I just signed up for their whitelist

This shit better moon 20x

Link?

I'm poor. I will only have 1k (~3 eth) to spend in sept. Should i even bother woth any of these ICOs?

It's in their slack

Thanks really need in on this

where is their slack? can't find it

slack.smartcontract.com

damn I just made 100 ETH today. Should I go all in on this motherfucker?!
Not sure if I even can compete with whales in the presale with my 100 ETH.
Are the mofos here who are in already?

Didnt find it on their website? I kinda got the feeling this might be a phisihing slack...

I don't get slack. How do I create an account? Please help a dummy.

group buy for the presale

discord.gg/AYYDZvj

You won’t have one overall Slack account. You have a username/nickname for each group.

Go to the URL for that slack group and create a username + password.

Dubs

>group buy

Stay scamming user

I signed up to contribute yesterday but stll no email, feelsbadman