Vexillology

How about we have a Vexillology thread. Post your favorite flags and rate others on their merits. Has anyone here ever attended a North American Vexillological Association meeting?

Top 10 flags in the modern era (not in order).

I see you are a fan of Diagonals

And my favorite US city flags.

Yeah :^)

Oh cool Wichita's flag. Even if my state flag is shit at least the city has a good flag.

>half of the US state flags are just the state seal on a blue background
What were they thinking?

Keep in mind a lot of those date back to the 19th century and the United States didn't have much of a history of heraldry or vexillology. Also notice the dearth of boring tribands.

One of my favourites.

>his state has its name written on it
literal autism tier

Really like that style, something about the blue, I find aesthetic.
Wyoming has a real solid flag

one of my favorite flags.

Since were on the subject of the U.S. I noticed a trend in which everybody says that California's flag should be shit by all rights having broken multiple "vexillology rules" yet also state it to be one of their favorite flags. Any explanation as to why that is?

probably because they should be called guidelines not rules

The text actually looks kinda nice instead of horrible like the rest of them. Nice font and colored like the bear or something :)
And CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC sounds better

Why does our state, Wisconsin have such a shitty flag?

It only really "breaks" the text rule nothing else

This one.

Flag of St. Louis.

Isn't this the flag of California?

You must really be hard for diagonal lines

shove off babbis

Oh, amerifags, you have a lot to learn

>Tfw Ohioan and live my state flag
It's not even the shape, it's that they went with a design emulating the national flag, and made it work on as odd of a shape as a burgee (apparently that's what it technically is)
Feels great man

>when Xbox goes for the ex-soviet audience

you beat me to it