Irish Gael appreciation thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YoOSGweEzNs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Magdalene_Asylum
belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/mass-grave-of-796-babies-found-in-septic-tank-at-catholic-orphanage-in-tuam-galway-30327483.html
newstatesman.com/religion/2013/07/depressing-not-surprising-how-magdalene-laundries-got-away-it
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

creepy

Insular art gives me a boner

Ireland is rightfully British

2nd and 4th figures are Scandinavian

not british but united kingdoms yes.
united kingdoms have rightful claim on those lands.

African tier art

me with the targe

Where did you get that? and qt girl.

Why no shoes

It was the norm for Gaels not to wear shoes, foggy, damp climate, you are better off barefoot to prevent foot diseases.

>things taigs tell themselves to cope with their lack of boot technology

>the Irish conquer parts of Britain in the 5th century and enslave St Patrick
>history forgets this
>the British conquer parts of Ireland in the 11th century
>FUCKING SASSENACH FUCK OFF REEEEEE

ayy lmao

>be anglo
>see 'irish' in the thread title
>be immediately triggered

>britain in triangle
>germany outside
wew lad

>>be immediately triggered

Don't get me wrong, the ancient Irish are pretty cool. But the disgusting victim complexes of modern Irish people can be a bit absurd sometimes.

Can you give me a run down on Niall of the Nine Hostages?

Piss off

>tfw no Cú Chulainn movie

>things loyalists tell themselves to cope with their lack of a culture

I much prefer the dance adaptation of the Táin

youtube.com/watch?v=YoOSGweEzNs

Delet dis

books n shiet

>Eir*
>Human

>Irish threads on Veeky Forums

literally the most irrelevant country in Europe on par with Albania and other shitholes

This why we need brain machine interfaces.

>Gaelic Ireland
>Huge filthy bog with no cultural acievements to note

>Norse Ireland
>Great cities founded
>International connection formed
>Trade booms,both within the country and with other nations
>Land is irrigated for proper farming
>Advanced shipbuilding brought to the isles
>Longphorts constructed for easy movements along coasts and rivers
>Massive wealth from looting

>Anglo Ireland
>Viking cities built up further
>New inland cities and forts constructed
>Roads built and maintained across the isle
>Superior technology brought in
>Farm yields skyrocket, Ireland becomes breadbasket of the isles
>True faith brought to the Isles
>Universities, schools, and other educational institutions built
>Ireland brought into the modern age
>Access to the world's bigest empire

>Current independent Ireland
>Mass financial collapse
>Terrorism runs rampant
>Nuns fill mass graves with the corpses of kidnapped infants

Wow grat job Irish Gayels

>norse Ireland
>norse build their shitty docks to bring in and out the shite their people stole from poor farmers and monks before fleeing on their ships
>pic related defeats them as well as getting their shit kicked in at Tara and Clontarf

>"anglo" Ireland
>it's actually just normans from wales followed by a mixed bag of non anglo-saxon kings

>Gaelic Ireland
>comfy crannógs
>comfy close nit túatha
>comfy cattle raids
>comfy not-too-stringent law system applicable to all on the island of Ireland
>just the right amount of people, no bloating of numbers and living like rats like the rest of Europe
>comfy monasteries producing high quality volumes
>comfy warrior culture
>absolutely zero (0) protestants

I know it predates the Nazis, but I don't like how similiar some of the symbols look to swastikas

meant pic related but that is also applicable

Why not?

>terrorism runs rampant
>massive financial collapse
That's NI you're thinking of, beady. A good example of why Irish independence was objectively a good idea.

then why is is the republic poor? and done nothing of note?

AIDF sure is out in force today. You'd almost think it was a thread about Germany.

>anglo ireland
>good
I know that Anglos are just starting shit as usual, but anyone who genuinely thinks British-ruled Ireland was good should read the writings of Hermann von Pückler-Muskau, Johann Kohl, Friedrich von Raumer or Gustave de Beaumont.

>tfw Scottish dress survived but Irish dress didn't
It's not fair lads

I just want to wear a big yellow shirt

>then why is the republic poor?
It isn't (unlike the financial black hole known as NI that you keep dumping money into). The Irish economy had problems with the financial crisis, but is getting back to normal now and is in a far better position than the other PIIGS countries.

And what can be counted as 'doing something of note' is highly subjective. The Irish have contributed a lot to literature and music.

>What is the IRA
>What is the Irish recession of 2008

Go back to your British-built basemen, Seamus

>what is the IRA
Not active in the Republic of Ireland.

>what is the irish recession of 2008
Long since recovered from and could've been far worse (see Spain, Italy, Greece). What's going to be fun to watch is your economic collapse after you stop stalling and finally leave the EU.

No.

well i'll be specific what major engineering feats have you done? where is your space program? have you just went from successive booms to busts and thats it?

>What is the IRA
Not terrorists.

>What is the Irish recession of 2008
a global economic happening that we've recovered from

>UK
>space

>The IRA aren't terrorists
>The IRA were not active in independent Ireland
>Irish education

The IRA only ever killed a garda or gardaí here once or twice around the border area, they didn't operate against the assets of the southern state like they did in the North against the British and in Britain, so it didn't "run rampant", and the IRA weren't terrorists.

i dont get it

>Irish history thread turns into Anglos flinging shit everywhere and talking about modern Ireland for no reason

they are part of European space agency and have their own space agency.The recent comet probe landing was British lead.

what about the republic?

>the IRA weren't terrorists

>Tattoo machine created by Samuel O'Reilly
>Modern submarine design created by John Philip Holland
>Saccharimeter created by Rev John Jellet from Cashel, County Tipperary
>Joly Colour Screen and Radiotherapy developed by John Joly.
>Three point linkage, patented by Harry Ferguson.
>Nickel-zinc battery created by Dr. James Drumm.
>The first disintegration of an atomic nucleus by artificially accelerated protons (splitting the atom) discovered by Ernest Walton.
>Clofazimine, discovered by Vincent Barry at Trinity College

>where is your space progam
Ireland is a member state of the European Space Agency, the only nation of Ireland's size to have an independent space program is (((Israel))).

>Everyone who disagrees with me is an Anglo

>terrorism runs rampant
>says the anglo
Toplel

Can't remember attacks as large as Manchester or London happening in Ireland recently. Didn't you get your capital city's mayor's message that terror attacks are just part and parcel of living in a modern city?

glad you agree

So is Ireland.

>The recent comet probe landing was British lead.
Completely under the banner of the European Space Agency though, not "yours".

so nothing of note..

>modern submarine design (allowing based germany to wreak havoc on anglo fleets)
>radiotherapy
>splitting the atom
>nothing of note

>Implying that every terrorist attack in the UK until the 2000's wasn't done by Irishmen
>Still ignoring the thousands of infants murdered by Irish nuns

it invariably happens, they thirst for GAEL blood almost as much as foreign penis

Does anyone have a larger, high res version of bottom left?

ah yes and they all followed the great gaelic prophet Múdhammadh Ua Shahid al-Féni (pbuh)

>John Philip Holland
he predates the Irish republics existence so really thats an invention in the province of the British empire.Evidently it didnt help "based germany" win in the end did it?

>implying that every terrorist attack in the UK until the 2000's wasn't done by Irishmen
What comes around goes around, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. The IRA generally went for economic and military targets and gave warnings for evacuation.

Anglos certainly didn't have any qualms about doing much worse throughout the years.

>Still ignoring the thousands of infants murdered by Irish nuns
Who gives a shit, Anglo protestants had the same thing anyway: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Magdalene_Asylum

>he predates the Irish republics existence so really thats an invention in the province of the British empire
By that logic the Tesla Coil was an Austrian invention.

>infants murdered
>Who gives a shit
not him but i wouldn't take a moral argument from a man who thinks this about murdered children.
just saying.

>The same thing
>No mass graves
>No murdered infants
>No forced slavery of women

Are you even trying Seamus

as i recall this was implemented in British sub marines initially but the British felt stealth warfare was not fair play.So the Germans made greater use of sub marines in response to British surface navel superiority

>155 infants = thousands
Good old Anglo "education". No proof that they were murdered either.

>155
>Irish in charge of counting

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/mass-grave-of-796-babies-found-in-septic-tank-at-catholic-orphanage-in-tuam-galway-30327483.html
newstatesman.com/religion/2013/07/depressing-not-surprising-how-magdalene-laundries-got-away-it

Only two graves containing 900 kids between them, and there are many more around

>containing 900 kids
>thousands

>implying anglos give a shit about the children killed in british bombing raids over germany or starved to death in boer concentration camps

>as i recall this was implemented in British sub marines initially but the British felt stealth warfare was not fair play
fuck off Lindy you fucking wart, you smarmy anglo nigger you

>mfw hunting through the Book of Kells for some daecent reaction images

>and there are many more around

Why can't Irishmen read?

sure there was

>mfw anglos will never reach the level of comfyness we have achieved

>Three convents hid mass graves containing hundreds of dead children for decades
>Investigations into other convents still ongoing
>But surely there are no other cases of this in all of Ireland
>Paddy delusions

>having 1/4 of your island still occupied
>"comfy"

t. salty anglo who will never live in a comfy seaside village in Donegal that still speaks Irish

Soon only small villages in Englnad will speak English after the main cities are fully colonised by Arabs.

*cue adigo for strings*

>The only place in Ireland that speaks Irish is a collection of remote fishing villages

You didn't have to remind me user

It's a good thing God seems to have a sense of justice.

No, but I enjoy the anger Paddies as they realize their culture is almost entirely English

Nice meme.

Sorry, what language do you speak?
What language is your literature written in?
Who built and designed all the old architecture of Ireland?
Where were all the accomplishments by "Irish" scientists made?

Again, nice meme.

Why the fuck is every girl named Amelia in England?

What are you implying? Would you say that Adam Smith, Arthur Conan Doyle and David Hume are english too, since they spoke english?

>Where were all the accomplishments by "Irish" scientists made?
>tesla was born in austria and worked in america therefore his accomplishments are austrian and american!

It's going to be fun to watch Britain's economy destroy itself, and the best part is that it's all thanks to arrogant Anglos such as yourself who see themselves as the greatest nation on earth and are about to get a big reality check.

The English language actually had an interesting advantage, some of the businesses in Britain affected by Brexit are now coming over here. Thanks for that!

Goodbye Britain, and good riddance.

>everyone who speaks english is english
That's why your country is being swarmed by Muhammads

Can we have one Irish thread without anglos sperging out

>victim complexes of modern Irish people
Like what?

HOL UP

the 90 degrees swatika was a celtic symbol? did hitler know?

is there a guide for pre chrstian ireland?

i want fairies n shit