IOTA

What is its endgame Veeky Forums?

Paving a way to freedom from miners and this buttcoin drama

To be a new class of crypto that will have real world uses and isn't reliant on greedy miners who can fuck you over extremely easily

Bullish on this one given that a cryptocurrency without miners or fees is a fucking dream

Its droping , iron hands on this shit

Have you ever seen the movie Terminator 2?

Let it drop, I'm too lazy to get around Bitfinex's new anti-Burger ways and am waiting on Bittrex to add it

Main currency used in the machine to machine economy, enabling instant, feeless transactions between machines. An explosion of innovation that allows for changes to the landscape of what our world looks like. A fucking second industrial revolution.

>secound
Wouldnt it be the third?

Hodl this shit and be happy it's dipping. Continue to slowly accumulate.

Id finger my dog if it dropped back to $.50, would be a dream come true.

I'll sell my 780k to see that happen,

Skynet, but feeless.

Literally being replaced with proprietary software/an iota clone for a fraction of the price of buying Iota when it gets too expensive.

youre too lazy to select literally any country other than america when you create your account?
you dont need id verification to trade my dude

>would be a dream come true
fingering your dog or buying cheap iota?

You are assuming that prices in IOTA are fixed but they are not. If for example you want to pay for a 3$ coffee with IOTA you will pay whatever amount of IOTA is equivalent to that price at the time. So right now that would be a bit more than 3 MIOTA. And if one MIOTA is worth 10$ you would just pay 0.3 MIOTA for the coffee. It's just like that guy who famously paid 10 bitcoin or so for a pizza years ago - today he would pay more like 0.0025 bitcoin.... Because the restaurant will always charge you what you owe in fiat money and just convert it to any other (crypto)currency they accept.
So there is no rising cost of "buying in" like you are assuming. You (or your IoT device) only ever need to possess enough IOTA to pay for goods and services that you would otherwise pay for with the same amount of fiat currency. If you need to pay 100$ to someone in IOTA, you just buy and give them the amount of IOTA that equates to at the time, no matter if that's 1 MIOTA or 100.....
Besides that you can't just set up your own tangle. No more than you can print your own dollar bills anyways. Of course you could set up your own tangle with your own currency/tokens - but you can't buy anything with it as long as no one accepts it as currency of a certain value. It's like designing your own dollar bill - of course you can do it (ignoring for the sake of the argument that there are probably laws against it) but don't expect your local supermarket to take it.

This right here

BTC is a shittycoin today and you are a moron if you deny it
High fees, buttraped by miners, waiting a day for a transaction. No one fucking wants this shit

iota and ark are the future

>Literally being replaced with proprietary software/an iota clone for a fraction of the price of buying Iota when it gets too expensive.
one of the most true things I've seen in an iota thread

What are you talking about "too expensive"? I never understand this argument... a higher market cap means more people are using it, which means you should base your app around it rather than a knock off that no one is using

I countered them and they both ran

do you need to verify address to withdraw though? I feel like Bittrex made me do that, but I can't remember.

>which means you should base your app around it rather than a knock off that no one is using
this. if everyone is using A, no one is going to use B and the people that use B will lose business

nope.

>btc is too expensive
>lol nvm i'll just make a new one
>hey guys check out this new coin i've just made

A few businesses start using IOTA. Other businesses see this and they like what it provides, but don't want to be subject to prices determined by sellers in the free market. They want to save money and maximize profits in every way. So they either;

>Develop proprietary software (or even open source) that does the same thing.
>Make iota clone that is always a set fixed price.

They will be missing out on sharing machine infrastructure with the first few companies who hopped on board with IOTA, but other companies will be happy to use their cheaper version to build their own iot infrastructure, and the network will grow organically and surpass iota from there.

This is how businesses think. They will do whatever to pay as little for shit as possible especially if they know all they have to do is hire a team to copy it legally.

You will probably say that the same logic can be applied to BTC. This is false simply because of mining. An exact BTC clone wouldn't be successful because miners would not want to take the risk of mining a different blockchain when they already profit off of BTCs blockchain. Without profits from mining there is minimal loyalty to IOTA, even if they did acquire a large infrastructure from being first of kind.

>They want to save money and maximize profits in every way. So they either
they will do none of that. do businesses create a new social media platform when they want to enter social media? no, they use facebook.

>it is less cost and effort to create an iota clone than it is to use an existing and proven platform
you are straight up retarded. sorry user

This is how I see IOTA's future realistically.

>Tech startups 1, 2, and 3 start using IOTA, maybe they get a pretty good size tech company too
>Price of Miota increases
>Other tech companies see what they are doing and like it
>They don't want to pay for higher price of Miota
>Partnership of tech companies or lone tech giant creates 1 of the 2 methods listed previously and it renders Miota worthless.

Worst case scenario is they all realize this before iota gains any traction.

It will be less cost effective because the iota devs already did most of the work and are letting the whole world copy.

lol greatest bullshit ever read.

Cool counterargument.

Think of it this way. Not only do businesses want want to spend money on something they could copy and easily sway others to their respective copies they also want to make money and compete with other business.

Say msoft runs on iota, Apple doesn't like msoft and decides to make their iotaclone that they sell for a fixed cheaper price through apple. They make money off their clone, tech companies start using their clone, and they have a chance to fuck with msofts market dominance.

>Not only do businesses want want to spend money

*not want to spend money

fud

>that they sell for a fixed cheaper price through apple
it doesnt fucking matter
1 iota could be worth $1, its still $1 and can still only buy a pack of gum
1 newiota could be worth 50c, but its still 50c and you need two of them to buy a pack of gum

how much glue do you sniff

That wouldn't matter only if you exchanged currency to iota just to transfer it. To companies that have to buy iota to start it upkeep their iot infrastructure the price of iota would absolutely matter.