What did you learn today Veeky Forums?

What did you learn today Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8aarSNJs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that Greeks are of Mycenean

ABS is less toxic than polycarbonate.

the HMS Curacoa was a C-class light cruiser built for the Royal Navy during the First World War. she was accidentally rammed and sunk by the large ocean liner RMS Queen Mary with the loss of many of her crew.

Israel is the true 3rd Rome and World War 3 will be fought to decide the true heir to the Roman Empire between USA and PRC?

In Apocalyptic literature, there are two major breeds which the texts fall under-

I) Historical - (i.e. the Book of Revelation), where the rise and fall of nations and the end of the world/history is described.

II) Cosmic or Mystical - (i.e. the book of Enoch), which details the eschatology of the individuals and the fate of souls.

Also, that the Apocalyptic tradition can directly be traced back to the 2nd Millennium B.C.

I'm a direct descendant of a Byzantine emperor. I am now preparing plans to move to Greece and take back Constantinople (not Istanbul).

Akrophony refers to the naming of letters by taking the first letter in the names of items or animals, e.g. like in the first four letters in the Phoenician alphabet, which the Greek alphabet is based on:

aleph = bovine
beth = house
gimel = camel
dalet = doorwing

I want /leftypol/ to die but /pol/ even more so

Beijing is rightful Macedonian clay.

Been reading some translation from the MIT classis archive. Ceasars "The African Wars".

And I found a laughable moment.

>Labienus, with his head uncovered, advanced on horseback to the front of the battle, sometimes encouraging his own men, sometimes addressing Caesar's legions thus:
>"So ho! you raw soldiers there!" says he, "why so fierce? Has he infatuated you too with his words? Truly he has brought you into a fine condition! I pity you sincerely."
>Upon this, one of the soldiers said: "I am none of your raw warriors, Labienus, but a veteran of the tenth legion."
>"Where's your standard?" replied Labienus. "
>"I'll soon make you sensible who I am," answered the soldier. Then pulling off his helmet, to discover himself, he threw a javelin, with all his strength at Labienus, which wounding his horse severely in the breast -
>"Know, Labienus," says he, "that this dart was thrown by a soldier of the tenth legion."

this. this so much.

When you procrastinate calling a company about a job offer, they'll text you, but won't respond if you call the 5 minutes after they send a text

That the Persian empire at its height may have controlled 45% of the world's population at that time

Incas are superior to Euroshits

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8aarSNJs8

Watched Dunkirk today. Was surprised at how brutal the German airforce was, I always thought the Germans let the Brits get again. Plus, I thought attacking a hospital ship was a war crime?

Throwing javelins is a bit too hardcore banter for me.

That Jesus thread had that scholarly article about the Sedition theory, very fascinating and refreshing to see a nonchristian perspective.

same, the leftyposting is getting a bit out of hand

Why do the diacriticals opening to the left even exist, if thy aren't pronounced?

Why not just have diacriticals opening to the right, which actually denote something?

Why mark the lack of something, if the norm is in that lacking state anyways?

confused_looking_anime_girls_with_question_marks_on_their_head_092.jpg

Didn't see the movie, did the ship have an xbox hueg red cross on it? If it's clearly marked, then yes, that's a warcrime.

Although less famous than his "O Captain! My Captain", Walt Whitman wrote another poem about Abraham Lincoln's death called "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloomed"

Bulgarians are Macedonian.
Turkey is a continuation of the Eastern Roman Empire.
Germany is a continuation of the Western Roman Empire
Egypt was majority black and many of them joined the legions and were sent all over Europe.
Black celts were a common sight.
King James was black.

I learned about the administrative divisions of British controlled Malaya.

That Anne Frank was a communist.

- I should act/think slower
- Physical activity equals happiness
- the majority decides regardless of the evidence

we must take the same western history course in Harvard