YOUR KINGDOM

It's the late 1600s, early 1700s

>google "nat geo map maker"
>make the borders of a new, small kingdom you want to claim
>tell us about it and why you'd like it
>tell us what your little kingdom gets up to in this era and it's culture

I claim Adriatica, the reformation of a collapsing Venetian republic.

Border Length: 1070.17 mi (1722.30km)

Area: 30,149 sq. mi (78,087 sq. km)

Capital: Venice

C'mon guys, have you no imagination? No fun?

bumping while i work on mine

My kingdom is very close to yours, except mine is Dalmatia, extending down to include Ragusa/Dubrovnik. It is in some ways similar to yours, the reformation of a merchant (or noble in the case of Ragusa) republic.

I want to make a culturally and historically interesting empire but all I end up doing is making le ebic Grande Francorum.

I'm not autistic to draw it but mine is like this;

Republic of the isles, it literally controls all the island in the Mediterranean, the capital is malta.

>Adriatica
>Doesn't control the entire Adriatic
You're just as bad as all those Roman LARPers

>Republic of the isles, it literally controls all the island in the Mediterranean, the capital is malta

>no main mainland control

Get ready to be destroyed in 0,00001 seconds

The Swedish Empire and her rightful borders. If only they didn't fuck around in the Great Nothern war.

Perunslavia
1580s-1860s
Here's my small ;) kingdom
Capital: Moscow
>Rurik Dynasty lives on
>Russian Tsardom pursues a pan-slavic state over the conquest of Siberia
>Grow weary of Abrahamic faiths seeing them as derivatives of Judaism, drawing little distinction between the the Muslims in the East and warring Christians in the west
>Tzar and nobility worship Perun and Slavic pantheon
>Almost entirely a land power
>Very few allies but dominant
>Little interest in Constantinople
>Not as expansionist as you might guess though very eager to wage war for gain
>Highly Xenophobic and Traditionalist
>Just really really slavic

Holy hell

...that's kinda rad, man.

Illyria
1300-1918?

Capital: Constantinople
>Serbs expand and with the help of new Austrian allies BTFO Italians, for Serbia's assistance they are given all of Northern Yugoslavia
>Later conquests had them take Albania, committing a horrific genocide ;)
>as the Byzantines began to fall to eternal Turk, Serb government realized that they needed to protect the last bastion of Rome from themselves.
>Retake Constantinople, as well as BTFO all Turks from Europe
>Using Greco-Yugoslavic cultural union as cassius belli, conquer Cyprus and all of the islands
>Stand as the last defense of Europe from the Turkish menace
>Standardized Orthodox religion for all citizens
>Serbs culturally dominate all other Yugoslav culture groups, and Greeks and Serbs intermarry, creating a bizarre fusion of Orthodox unity
>loves other cultures and ideas, however is wary of kebabs and eternal turk

This fuckin A E S T H E T I C as fuck user

It looks like a jester's boot

The Enlightened Union
1700's
Capital: Paris

>Enlightenment ideas spread throughout the world like smallpox
>Philosophes become recognized internationally as heroes of the common man, hated by elites for posing a threat to their power
>Average people everywhere take their newfound ideals to heart, leading to uprisings and revolutions the world over
>Eventually, there is not a single old government remaining
>All those that previously held power have been tried and executed by the revolutionaries
>People, still circle-jerking to The Second Treatises of Civil Government, decide they want to form a new order in the world
>They create governments with constitutions copied almost verbatim from the likes of Voltaire, Montesquieu, Rousseau, Beccaria, and Locke
>Humanity decides that "hey, we can get along with everyone else, and we can do lot of cool shit this way", so they make a sort of EU crossed with the US state system where all the countries govern themselves democratically, but there is also a worldwide Parliament-like body where they can make international rulings and secure cohesion among the nations
>Boom in scientific interest, accessibility to data and resources from around the world, and universal let's-get-shit-done attitude leads to amazing scientific growth and discoveries
>Golden Age of humanity, with space exploration in the not-so-distant future
>Also, the official 'world flag' is the American flag but with a star for each nation, so it looks kinda crowded

So just a banner with 100+ stars for the flag?
>tfw diamonds at moon landings in late 1800s

>Mexico
>Only ONE HALF of the country actually borders the Gulf of Mexico
>ISHYGDDT

Don't be a ponce

What would a Greco-Serbo-Slavo syncretic language sound like?

earrape

OP here, this is for around the turn of the 21st century to today ideas.
For language: Syncretic creole of contemporary top four (by population) regional languages (i.e. not Italian, Croatian or Slovenian, but Friulian, Venetian, etc.) within new borders as a new national lingua franca.

Adjustments —
- Take the present total of each region's number of settlements and reduce that number to 75% of it's original, with the same total population, only now slightly more urbanized. To accomplish this, take each regions towns, cities and villages, and group them into groups of four by nearest proximity. Then determine which is the least populated settlement of this four, and divide it's population equally amongst the remaining three, while removing that least populated city. This is in an effort to both more urbanize the country while opening up larger tracts of wilderness between them.
- Of these cities, determine by population the top 50%, and construct a high speed rail system between them. Public transport in the top 25% by population cities is a tram system. The 3rd 25% percentile of cities by population are connected to larger cities by smaller train stations.
- Make immigration and granting of citizenships more difficult than nearly all contemporary and neighboring nations, while increasing the availability and accessibility of tourism, for both foreigners and citizens (such as free two week public train passes)
- Impose stricter sentences for convicted criminals of murder, abuse or rape and molestation, with capital punishment far more ubiquitous than nearly all contemporary and neighboring countries for these crimes, while severely decreasing the sentences/punishments for more petty crime, such as drug use, focusing far more on rehabilitation.
- Make the government a Cameralist/Georgist Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy

Why didn't you just follow the Danube river?
Also, despite the current fucked up borders, it is very clear which islands belong to the peninsula, and which to Anatolia, and you disregarded that.

I decided to call my creation Atlasia. Founded 1504 as a subject to the crown of Castille, the momentum of the Reconquista poured over into Africa as well, entering through footholds in Oran. Rabat, and Tunis. It weathered two crusades, both of them with the intention to claim the failing Caliphate for christianity, rather than for Spain. During the second crusade in the area, the warfare was directed at the Spanish soldiers occupying the muslim province. The Spanish not only survived, but fought back and sank a fleet transporting thousands of crusaders off the coast of Sicilly, and soon, a papal bull was written up recognizing catholic Spaniard authority.

A full two hundred years after the original colony, the warfare officially ended with the final muslim warlord on the northern side of the Atlas submitting to the crown. Due to what could almost be referred to as genocide, Atlasia is over seventy percent catholic, and is only rising. Scholars believe that it will be extinct within their own lifetimes!

It lasts even into the modern day as a catholic, culturally syncretic nation with an equally syncretic language, following spanish grammar but with many arabic and berber loanwords. Its' capital was at first Oran, then Marrakesh, but has now settled on what used to be Tunis, now once again Carthage after being razed several times over.

>pan slavism

Why not name it Aquilea or at least Friuli?

but mexico is named after a city you dumbass

celtic union

>capital: Moscow
Fuck off with that shit kike.

reddit tier

fast paced with a lot of consonants, like K, R, T, P

>no watersheds map layer
trash

retard

rude, t b h

I'm just saying you're awfully uneducated and don't know the first thing about linguistics

You're right, I don't, I made an assumption based on how Greek sounds to me. I'd be curious to see your idea of how that hypothetical language would sound.

If the Confederates won a pyrrich cival war victory

the history of this world is exactly the same as ours, except in place of Germany there's a big body of water

Venice would have Dalmatia, not Carantania or Trent.
Slovenia's fine, I guess.

Really makes me think.

The Jin dynasty - Hideyoshi's Chinese dynasty.

Border Length: xx

Area: xx

Capital: Tianjing

I could see this being America's Macau desu

Fine, but I'm keeping the gorgeous Austrian alps too.

Border Length: 1,185.02 mi (1,907.13 km)
Area: 37,192 sq. mi (96,327 sq. km)
Population (2012) total: 11,146,619
Density: 300/sq mi (116/sq km)

Composed of the Regions of —
Ferrara
- Capital: Ferrara
- Area Total: 2,632 km2 (1,016 sq mi)
- Population (2012) Total: 359,351
- Density: 140/km2 (350/sq mi)

Karlovac & Lika-Senj
- Capital: Karlovac
- Area Total: 8,978 km2 (3,467 sq mi)
- Population (2011) Total: 179,826
- Density: 20/km2 (52/sq mi)

Zadar & Šibenik-Knin
- Capital: Zadar
- Area Total: 6,630 km2 (2,560 sq mi)
- Population (2011) Total: 279,392
- Density: 42/km2 (109/sq mi)

Veneto
- Capital: Venice
- Area Total: 18,399 km2 (7,104 sq mi)
- Population (2012) Total: 4,865,380
- Density: 260/km2 (680/sq mi)

Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol
- Capital: Trento
- Area Total: 13,607 km2 (5,254 sq mi)
- Population (2015) Total: 1,056,223
- Density: 78/km2 (200/sq mi)

Primorje-Gorski Kotar & Istria
- Capital: Rijeka
- Area Total: 6,401 km2 (2,471 sq mi)
- Population (2011) Total: 504,250
- Density: 78/km2 (204/sq mi)

Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Capital: Trieste
- Area: Total 7,856 km2 (3,033 sq mi)
- Population (2013) Total: 1,229,363
- Density 160/km2 (410/sq mi)

Carintha & Bezirk Lienz
- Capital: Klagenfurt
- Area Total: 11,552 km2 (4,460 sq mi)
- Population (2015) Total: 606,939
- Density: 52/km2 (136/sq mi)

Slovenia
- Capital: Ljubljana
- Area Total: 20,273 km2 (7,827 sq mi)
- Population (2017) Total: 2,065,895
- Density 101.8/km2 (263.7/sq mi)

The Khazak Khanate, call it maybe a successor state to a collapsing Golden Horde

She can be the Queen

Pretty cool thread OP.
I don't know how to figure out the Area of muh country but it's pretty small

The Kingdom of Helvetica would like to sign an alliance with Adriatica.

Capital: Konstanz
Pop 16 mil approx

Culture would be distinct and unique from other germans, more focused on swabian, and older halstatt celtic culture.

Whitest country ITT

>Republic of the isles, it literally controls all the island in the Mediterranean, the capital is malta.
>I'm not autistic
Pick one

Also mandated font for everything is Helvetica

how do you make the lines all sqiggly like that

Not Him but
>Zoom in
>Start following the natural borders of your country
>zoom out a couple of times to see if you should start moving north/west/south/east

If you want to get rid of the large numbers for the border length, click the tab above the trash can, click the blue line and then you can change font size/line width, etc.

Oh shit son das pretty. I like to then go to google maps and street view the new country, take a look around and see how the enviroment really looks.

Working on autisming North America, finished with the first part, the northern east coast. Appalachia is causing trouble cause I have no idea where to draw their western border. Las Vegas citystate is me.

bumpin' cause it sounds interesting!

Here's what would be Texas. Because of reasons, the CSA fought a Mexican-Confederate war and won. Shortly after, Texas, with all their gains from the war, rebelled, but won a pyrrhic victory that did not include some of their core territory, not even their would-be capital.

I like the idea of the United States failing to incorporate territories in the west leading to a patchwork of countries as in latin America. Though it is difficult to imagine how this would happen with the overwhelming military might of the US.

REGNUM

ALANORUM

Hey larper!

Behold, a shitty meme
It starts as the Kingdom of the Northern Netherlands. After an Alliance with the Eternal Anglo, we take our rightful southern clay of belgium all the way south to Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, or as we shall call it, Sint-Valerius ter Som. Borders are all river/canal based.
We have a series over dispute with the
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
over trade routes, and how they want more access to our rivers n sheit. Fuck em. We take more clay. Then a war of aggression. We see an opportunity to dominate the Baltic, and destroy the former Kalmar Union, after Sweden also declared independence. We take control of all Danish territories and the tip of Norway, giving us full control of the Skagerrak/Kattegat.

The eternal Anglo is getting uppity, but so are its colonies. We side with its colonies in their war for independence, and on the condition that Scotland and Ireland will become autonomous regions within our kingdom. They are more akin to Protectorates/well-treated Vassals, and are mostly given free reign. The Dutch North-Sea Imperium is complete.

My headcanon is that England got first dibs on North America. They settled quite a lot along the mexican gulf coast, leading to a higher density of people in the south, population-wise. Coupled with Appalachia yearning for independence the same way CSA did, America would be fighting a two front civil war, They'd lose, and would in the end recognize both the CSA and Appalachia as independent states. The situation would then dominoe from then on.

Somehow Abel Tasman's discoveries are met with more interest, specifically that of New Zealand. Increased contact and trade leads to earlier Maori acquisition of potatoes, wheat, and guns, the former two allowing them to heavily settle the South Island, and for bloodier Musket Wars to happen. Eventually Aotearoa is unified by a Nobunaga-type figure and resists most Euro colonization. From there the Moriori genocide happens, and maybe even colonization of Australia to an extent.

Here's my fantasy kingdom.