Thought Experiment

Consider the following question:

>There are four people, Adam, Beth, Carrie, and Donna.
>Adam is a man, while Beth, Carrie, and Donna are all women.

>Adam is in an emotional and physical relationship with Beth, they consider each other partners but are not married.
>Carrie is the boss of both Adam and Beth, which means she provides them their separate incomes and can revoke them at any time without citing a reason.

>Carrie desires Adam physically and offers him a raise if he sleeps with her.
>Adam refuses, citing faithfulness in his relationship with Beth as his reason.
>Angry at being refused, Carrie repeats her offer, but also declares that she will have Beth fired if Adam refuses her again.
>She also makes it clear Adam will not be able to support both himself and Beth if Adam refuses, putting Beth or both of them in danger of homelessness.
>Believing Beth's safety is more important than their intimacy being exclusive, Adam reluctantly accepts Carrie's proposal.

>After some time passes, Beth discovers the deal and breaks off her relationship with Adam, stating that he's unfaithful and untrustworthy.
>Adam confides his sadness with Donna, who sympathizes with him and decides to begin a relationship with Adam, as she agrees with his priorities.

Rank each of the four, with leftmost being least justified and rightmost being most justified in their behavior. No ties.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XsSoDsxB7Yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You learning to embody a nation within a character? Then writing stories about the interactions and relationships the nations have with one another.

Nah, Satan, I'm just curious to see what other people think.
My personal answer is [spoiler]Carrie Beth Adam Donna[/spoiler]

Carrie is the most unjustified for obvious reasons

Adam is the 2nd most unjustified since he never told Beth immediately about Carrie's offer

Beth was justified since Adam never came to her

Donna is just the rebound

>youtube.com/watch?v=XsSoDsxB7Yo

huh guess I found a new band to listen to , thanks user

I didn't know there weren't spoilers on this board, and I shuffled the middle two. It's been a long day.
Thanks.

Carrie, Adam, Beth, Donna

Carrie: Abuses her position to destroy her employees' livelihood and commit what was essentially rape (regardless of Adam's relationship with Beth being exclusive, he didn't really have a choice to refuse to have sex with Carrie since refusing would put both him and Beth at risk of homelessness).

Adam: Mostly didn't have a choice, but could have handled it better by telling Beth about the difficult choice he was given, that way he wouldn't be guilty of deception and she would have a say in Adam's decision which affects her.

Beth: Could also have handled things better by recognizing that Adam didn't really have a choice and only did it to protect her. But he did knowingly keep her in the dark about the whole deal, so she has a right to be upset.

Donna: Didn't do anything bad, and since none of the four persons did anything exceptionally good, she counts as most justified by default.

It's worth noting that although I did have to rate each person differently, I would characterize all except Carrie as being generally good people. Adam's and Beth's reactions were flawed, but they were only responding imperfectly to a difficult situation. Whereas Carrie was the one who is entirely responsible for creating that difficult situation in the first place.

Carrie Adam Beth Donna

Carrie is a lecherous bitch.
Adam had more options than to simply sleep with his boss
Beth is only less justified than donna because donna was involved post-power trip carrie

Adam is a retard cuz he shoulda recorded Carrie's treat and reported her

Dumbass

This. Nigga knows.

C

1.spooks
2.spooks
3.spooks
4.spooks

Is there any answer besides C A B D? Why even bother with this thread, OP?

If I put myself in the shoes of a sperglord I might say Carrie is actually the most justified because she used her might to take what she wanted, and all the other actors were powerless fools who deserved their punishment for not seeking power. But I'd have to have a pretty warped sense of reality to think that.

>Is there any answer besides C A B D?
That's why I'm asking. I'm partially asking to see how people justify their answers, if there are any particularly unusual ones.

Fuck Donna, marry Beth, kill Carrie.

here we go

1 Donna is a whore, she takes adam from beth for the long term, denying beth and adam the chance to patch up their relationship

2 Adam supposedly cares about Beth and considers him a partner, but does not marry her nor secure her any farther than their combined incomes

3 Beth supposedly cares about adam and considers him a partner, but creates a situation where he places her safety before her intimacy, seeing her as a dependent instead of as a partner

4. Carrie is most justified, she pays adam to perform a service, and he agrees, there is nothing wrong with using her power to get what Beth got for free

Adam, Carrie, Beth, Donna.
The least thing Adam could do is tell Beth that Carrie is blackmailing him and let her decide.

Correct

Anyone ITT who is saying that Adam should have told Beth has never had a woman hit on you even though you have a girlfriend. Your girlfriend will NOT believe that you had nothing to do with that shit. Never in a million years will she believe your fake ass story of your boss threatening to fire your girlfriend if you don't fuck her. And even if your girlfriend stays, the doubt will eat away at her mind until she finds a different reason to break up with you. You try to keep that shit under the rug.

Carrie - Beth - Donna - Adam. That man did absolutely everything he could have done to keep that relationship going.

How exactly could the others have sought power? A could have accepted the deal straight away if he wanted money, but perhaps he valued his relationship with B, and her safety, more. There wasn't really anything else A could do, she was the only one who would pay him enough to live on, so it's not like he had any other choice. Of course, in real life he probably would have other options, but within the boundaries of the scenario he really didn't have any other choice.

Explain to her that your boss literally threatened to fire you and her if you didn't have sex with her. A guy wouldn't have any reason to lie about that unless he was literally caught in the act of having sex with his boss.

That's what I'm saying, man. SHE. WILL. NOT. BELIEVE. YOU. It makes perfect sense to us because we're being reasonable about the situation. The sexual threat came out of the blue, and we have no reason to lie about it, so we just tell our girlfriend. But she will NOT believe you, because:

1) Women basically never proposition men for sex.
2) It's made even more unlikely by the fact it's the boss.
3) Women especially do not THREATEN men for sex.

Let me tell what she's going to think. She's going to think you have a thing on the side with your boss and made up this story so that you can fuck her. She's going to think this is some crazy scenario made up in the mind of a man (and, since this is just a thought experiment, it actually is). She's going to run through every interaction she's seen you have with your boss and convince herself you two have a thing. You laughed at one of her bad jokes, you and the boss both stayed overtime one day, your hands touched for a second, anything that validates her theory. If she can't find anything, she'll go to sleep and dream about it, and wake up thinking that dream was a premonition, telling her she's right even if she can't prove it. She's going to go through all your texts and emails trying to find evidence of the tryst, and when she doesn't find any, that's how she's gonna KNOW you're cheating on her. Because you're too smart to leave that kind of evidence behind, obviously you'd delete it. She would tell Donna about what a horrible cheater you are, and there you'd be: no girlfriend, no new sympathetic girlfriend, and you're not even fucking the boss.

I know this is the worst kind of evidence, but take it from a guy who's been in something like this situation. I made a new female friend, she liked me, I warned her that I had a girlfriend, one day she kissed me out of the blue, and I told my girlfriend ASAP. Guess what? My girlfriend dumped me after a couple of days because she did not believe my little story.