>GAIUS
*waves arms*
>JULIUS
*waves arms*
>CAESAR

Lmao wtf was that?

a TV show

LET IT BE KNOWN

THIS MONTH'S CELEBRATIONS BROUGHT TO YOU BY HIROSHIMA NAGASAKI, THE SHITPOSTERS GUILD, AND THE HOLY ORDER OF THE SWORN VIRGIN JANITORS

NUMALES, REDDITORS, AND NORMALFAGS ARE NOT

*hand gestures*

PERMITTED

haha it says cvm

Oratory.

Newsreaderposting is the most important part of Veeky Forums culture.

How is he so fucking fat
How would a Roman get that fat? A few gallons of defrutum, honey, and lard every day?

t. butthurt starving Germanic

Maybe if you'd learn to rotate your crops, you'd have some abundance.

>*maybe if you learned to have whole fucking Egypt and Hispania feed your ass, you would also be a condescending fuckwit

>that episode where he says something about stop mocking jews so much

YOU COULD HAVE FARMED THE UKRAINE!

This. You can also see it with Cicero in the very first episode I think. When he cuts off Pompey and says both sides are idiots only to be BTFO by Pompey he also gets in his speaking pose.

/Pol/

Gesticulating was a common practice when giving a speech in Rome. I think it's oratorical pose or posture. Cicero does it too when he speaks in the Senate.

Vorenus also tries it when he's making his campaign speech to the citizens of the Aventine, though it's quite stilted and awkward because he's inexperienced

Chironomia is what it's called. They had a whole system of gestures

gesticulating is still common practice for speechmakers

although maybe not as widespread as it once was since going overboard with it will make people think you're the second coming of hitler

Have you bought his book yet Veeky Forums?

Also cause TV. Same reason actors became much more naturalistic in the same time period. A lot of these wild gestures make sense when surrounded by hundreds or thousands of people, most of whom can't see facial expressions.

FROM LEARNED GREEKS TO PLIANT VIRGINS

RVFVS HAS SLAVES, FOR EVERY BVDGET

>not the webm

Elocution lessons were a big part of a Roman education.

please tell me what to look up online to yield the source of this,, it looks interesting

And stay there. You made your mess there, don't bring it elsewhere.

HBO's Rome. Watch it and the weep for what the 2nd season could have been.

Someone posted a decent source from a text once on oratory which explained some of the gestures and how to emphasise certain points of your argument with specific gestures. Touching the thumb to the middle finger and waving your hand was apparently a real thing.

the fact that this show went to such lengths as to portray fucking oratory and then kept saying Seezar gives a seezur

ALL MOCKERY
*arm swish*
OF THE JEWS
*arm swish*
AND THEIR ONE GOD
*arm swish*
WILL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE
*arm swish*
MINIMUM

tell that to /pol/, this is nothing

Where can I get a true bread suitable for true Romans?

What 2nd season?

Grew up on this shit.

Because they're speaking English, Caesar is pronounced Seezar in English. If all the dialogue of the show was in Latin then they could've said Kaisar.

This guy is in a british show called Doc Martin. Its on netflix.

>THAT TRASH.
>AUTHENTIC BREAD.

THAT IS PSEUDOBREAD; AUTHENTIC BREAD LOOKS LIKE THE ONE DEPICTED IN THE IMAGE ATTACHED TO THIS POST.

OBVIOUSLY, NOT ALL VARIETIES OF BREAD LOOK LIKE THIS; THIS IS MERELY AN EXAMPLE.

gross whys it so brown

t. Usian

^
This person is a slut for Titus Pullo

but thats impossible because Im Pullo's slut and thats not me

>square snownigger """bread"""

>tfw thought the guy wanted to feed the slave lampreys which were a delicacy for the R*mans

He probably means that second part of first season when they got back to Rome.

Why is it pronounced that way though? You descent your language from germanic family, who all pronounce it properly nowadays. You then got invaded by latn-derived Normans, and yet you still fuck it up?

All mockery of OP and his small cock must be kept to an appropriate minimum!

I can hear you farting from here.

IF BREAD CAUSES GAS IN YOU, THE PROBLEM IS NOT BREAD, BUT YOUR NONARYAN BIOLOGY.