Why don't churches teach the doctrine of male headship anymore?

Why don't churches teach the doctrine of male headship anymore?

About when did they stop? I know that around the late 1800s women were still being explicitly taught to be obedient to their husbands.

Because Christianity is a cuckold religion and for the first time in millenia, it's become socially acceptable to be that kind of a he-bitch, so Christianity is riding that train for all it's worth.

Because cucktianity is retarded and women are not kids to be obeying anybody, /pol/tard

I'm sure it had started declining by the 60s or 70s and was pretty much dead by the 2000s

Because if they did their relevence to the middle class and thus there power would be greatly reduced.

Our did you think institutional religion was about sincere beliefs?

it still is taught that wives are to husbands what the church is to Christ and that the husband is the head of the family unit. although this teaching is greatly undermined by modern feminism.

Using cuck should be a bannable offense.

Depends on your church

t. Non-Catholic.

Well, non Third World Catholic.

Because the government stopped supporting it. When the people writing laws no longer support the concept of a male patriarch, there isn't really much that churches can do about it.

They do. You're going to the wrong churches.

/thread

Modern Christianity is watering itself down on a regular basis in order to maintain appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. Abiding by the text is deemed too uncomfortable, intolerant, and oppressive. Another decade of this and you might as well give it a new name.

Pretty much this. My church still heavily preaches this.

tfw the Bible straight up says dont do this
tfw they do it

The bible also says there is no male or female, and mentions female apostles and deacons in Paul's church.

The verses saying women should be silent in church are also considered to be later insertions in Paul's letters by most scholars.

>t. cuckold

It only really works if the society and the male in question is actually religious in a truthful way.
Outside of Christianity though I strongly bealive *someone* has to be in charge, and having a "equal" partnership/final Dicison making in a marriage let's to endless power struggles and leaves BOTH parties exhausted and mentally Insecure

This
It is too much of a cucky cucked religion for nu male cucks pacifists

>The bible also says there is no male or female
You're taking that quote out of context. Keep in mind it also says the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is in the head of the husband and for wives to submit to their husbands. Adam was put in charge. Not Eve.

> mentions female apostles and deacons in Paul's church
That is hotly debated issue. Besides, the credentials for deacon positions included having a wife and you know how the Bible describes homosexuality.

> The verses saying women should be silent in church are also considered to be later insertions in Paul's letters by most scholars.
When you start doing this you open Pandora's box

how so? If one partner I dping something idiotif or that could hurt the family in the long run, why should one person decide alone? What type of decisions are we talking about?

So now we interptet the bible? I thought you said that was revisioning?
Wives should submit yes, but it doesn't mean be a doormat or give husbands absolute power.
It means more respect.

Because there's no reason for them to do so. The church, for millennia, reinforced the patriarchal right of men, because male parishioners were their largest demographic. It was profitable and effective to spread the gospel to adult men, since Adult men wielded all political and economic power within the household, and could thus enforce the religious viewpoint of the church on their own.

Its a game of efficiently spreading the gospel.

That would only alienate half of society and turn the religion into even more of a "weird cult".

>The bible also says there is no male or female
Only regarding salvation.

Because it's no longer compatible with society's values.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a cuck.

(((society)))

That half of society only got the way it is because religion abdicated its responsibility of instilling proper values.

>but it doesn't mean be a doormat or give husbands absolute power.
Never insinuated this that the husband should have absolute control.