Why are Olympic swimmers not a majority polynesian?

I mean you'd think islanders would be have evolved to be pro swimmers.

>you'd think islanders would be have evolved to be pro swimmers

WHY WOULD ONE THINK THAT?

Evolution isn't an intelligent, conscious force. Anything that successfully reproduces is good enough, some traits are so advantageous that the ones that have them perform better than others in the same enviroment and have more, healthier offspring. Being an expert swimmer has obviously not been a criteria in Polynesia.

Evolved is the wrong way to describe it. They should have been skilled swimmers since their life depended on the mastery of the Ocean. You would think their community would be uniquely talented.

What race makes the best swimmers? and why?

THAT IS NOT HOW SELECTION WORKS; BIOGENETIC ADAPTION IS CONTINGENT ON PARTICULAR DEMOGRAPHICS, NOT ON ENTIRE RACES.

.......What race makes the best swimmers?

WHY DO YOU REITERATE THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE JUST REFUTED?

THE ACCURATE QUESTION IS: "WHAT ENVIRONMENTS SELECT FOR THE BEST SWIMMERS?"

You have never been in Polynesia, they're lazy af. Sure, 100% of the population can swim from the craddle but they only do it out of necessity. They're really good sailors though, and enjoy pirogue races.

Too busy playing Rugby, the superior sport to swimming

No im a kiwi, I know theyre lazy as fuck. But surely a few of them would have the drive to be olympic swimmers, I mean africans are lazy fucks also.

Kiwis are the laziest fucks, stop taking my tax money cunt
t. Australia

WELL STOP GIVING IT TO US RETARD!!!

I DON'T WANT TO EITHER FUCKFACE! You're already going to kill us in the Beledisloe again, isn't that enough?

WELL GET BETTER THEN CUNT!! We already gave you half our team, start fucking improving.

But our team is shit, we have what Hooper and funcking Folau, everyone else is geriatric or retarded

Why would you engage an obvious moron in discussion, and then be surprised that everything he says is moronic? Learn how to filter retards.

Do you know what race makes the best swimmers?

Nothing of what he posted is moronic.

NOT MY PROBLEM!!! Now give us your centerlink cunt!!

I don't think you even know what race is...

Geography does not equal special abilities. For example, Scandinavians are more resistant to cold because they had no choice but to adapt. Meanwhile, swimming isn't an exactly necessary skill when you have all that nice, dry land to stand on in front of you.

What """"""demographic""""""" makes the best swimmers?

African-Americans

Demographics that have lived for generations in environments that select for good swimmers...

>surely a few of them would have the drive to be olympic swimmers
Not when the entire society is based on a day-to day-only scheme, they're insensitive to the concept of competition. Even their pirogue races are all about tradition and honour. They don't really care about victory.
Besides, there are very few pools, they couldn't train even if this idea crossed their mind.

High civilization breeds superior athletes. There's a reason why countries like China, Russia, Britain, and the United States dominate the Olympics while shit-hole countries only occasionally breed an athletic culture which produces results.

The winningest swimmer in Olympic history (and the winningest Olympian of all time) is some white guy from the East Coast U.S. and a fairly standard American mix: English, German, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh

It's a function of having an economy complex enough to support a service sector robust enough to allow even common people access to athletic facilities. Rather than relying on the rare genius to create his own culture, you're tapping the capacity of your society to collectivize and create one for its own benefit.

These are what breed the proper social conditions which inspire people to become athletes. As the tripfag pointed out, it's environmental pressures which inspire people to become better swimmers and social pressure is a motivational short term one.

But because they aren't being subject to natural pressures (what with plentiful food and a lack of predators) there's really no evolutionary reason why Polynesians would become any better swimmer than any other people living on an ocean coast.

Not him but that guy is a known retard, i don't usually read his posts.

Polynesians are a fat and stubby peoples, not really ideal swimmer's bod.

>that guy is a known retard
>i don't usually read his posts

Pic related is (You)

And yet the sprinter widely regarded to be the fastest man of all time comes from a third world shithole.

because it's a fraud
they mostly swim in pools

This is actually a very good point. If blacks are so great at basketball, why is it only American blacks who dominate it, why aren't African countries finishing in the Olympic top three?

Yes, after the first 10 times I saw him post complete bullshit I stopped reading them.

Why are South Asians bad at every sport?
That kind of baffles me, 1.5 billion people and never won any Olympic medals.

>history and whatever the fuck you want just call it humanities

They're good at cricket which also happens to be a literal who sport that only they care about.

lel, no. Environmental factors do not teach you the techniques required to become a pro swimmer.

THE DISCUSSION IS REGARDING PHENOTYPICAL TRAITS ACQUIRED VIA BIOGENETIC ADAPTION THROUGH A GENERATION, OR MORE, NOT REGARDING LEARNING A SKILL.

LEARN TO READ, MORON.

The thing which makes a pro swimmer is not their "phenotypical traits' it's their ability to learn and practice the techniques.

Kill yourself my man.

Bugger off you fucking spic monkey. How fucking dare you reply to actual white people.

>... their ability to learn and practice the techniques.

ABILITY WHICH IS ENABLED BY THE CAPABILITIES INTRINSIC TO THEIR PHYSIOLOGY, AND BIOLOGY; ID EST: THEIR PHENOTYPICAL TRAITS.

YOU ARE IGNORANT REGARDING THIS TOPIC —APPARENTLY, YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT A PHENOTYPICAL TRAIT IS—; JUST STOP.

But not the third world shithole where swift-footed negroes are stereotyped as coming from.

Kenyans produce some of the finest runners in the world because it is a long enduring cultural meme, not because they're negroes. Usain Bolt is a rare genius, just like Michael Phelps. Any culture can produce a rare genius if they're discovered before their prime years

Okay. I hope you keep posting, so maybe one day people will stop posting at you. Why did I even bother.

>A person with the "phenotypical traits of a swimmer will beat an actual pro swimmer having never practiced actual swimming techniques, whereas someone who practiced said techniques their whole lives will lose outright.

That's how it works.

Dude, are you retarded?

Nope I know exactly what he is saying, most nationalities produce tall slim people, the traits which makes a good swimmer desirable.

>I know exactly what he is saying

You most evidently don't.

>most nationalities

Nobody is talking about nationalities.

>You most evidently don't.
Great point, now I just don't know.

>Nobody is talking about nationalities.
If you want to be a semantics shitter, most environments produce tall slim people.

>I just don't know.

You admit. Good, 'cause you're clueless.

>If you want to be a semantics shitter,

Huh?

>most environments produce tall slim people.

First, that's not true. Secondly, tallness and slimness alone don't make a good swimmer.

>First, that's not true. Secondly, tallness and slimness alone don't make a good swimmer.
Tall people with good proportions is exactly the thing which makes a good swimmer, if you were talking about other factors than technique. It seems you don't actually know what you are talking about?

>You admit. Good, 'cause you're clueless.
Ya, you got me there with that objective reasoning.

Jamaica Sprinting is insanely good, Usain Bolt is not a rare genius, just the best in a group of the best runners in the world. Hell neven the Japanese Olympic team has a Jamaican immigrant on it. There is definitely genetics at play

The only thing which can remotely explain this is evolution of technique, not genetics.

It has nothing to do with being tall or slim you fucking mongrels, it's all about bone density. The blacks have bones so dense they're shitty swimmers.

>There is undoubtedly a wide gap between black and white participation in certain sports. According to a recent study by USA Swimming, nearly 60% of African-American children between the ages of six and 16 are unable to swim, in comparison to 31% of white children.

Ya.

As an actual swimmer the physically desirable traits (for met at least) are height, long arms, broad shoulders, large hands, large feet, and shorter legs. Being slim doesn't matter too much. Of course they have athletic levels of bodyfat, but elite swimmers get as high as 10-12%, and can often have substantial muscle.

I mean people have gotten better nutrition leading to stronger faster athletes. Certainly technique has happened but if technique was changing that much the impact would look more like swimming with enormous drops

To avoid being a semantics shitter, nutrition is part of training no? It's definitely not a trait determined by genetics.

Andamenese. They can see 60% better and they have more pronounced webs between their hands and feet

I wouldn't call it either, more of a product of environment. I'm talking about kids getting enough to eat not nutrition plans