My aunt is asking me to sign as the owner of her prospective house because I have good credit and her name is currently...

My aunt is asking me to sign as the owner of her prospective house because I have good credit and her name is currently already signed as the owner of my other aunts house.

Is there any drawbacks to this? Could she fuck me over in some way?

uh yeah. she could not pay the taxes and let it fall into disrepair, which you will be liable for.

It's a trap

Yeah if I was you i'd fuck her first

Huge liability. That's all in your name too if your aunt decides to become a poo flinging neet and fuck everything up. Plus you shouldn't let others take advantage of your good credit.

dont do it, your credit could get ruined

First you need to check if house title is free from any liens like unpaid property taxes, mechanic liens etc. Check for any faults in the house like encroachments and shit. Also does she really own the house or is there a mortgage/deed still in place?

she's going to take a mortgage on the house but i know she'll pay it

NO DONT FUCKING DO THAT FUCK

no do not do it, What is it with shitty families nowadays encouraging them to get credit cards etc and giving such terrible advice

>but I know she'll pay it
wasnt this the exact sentiment that caused financial collapse like 8 or 9 years ago?

no, no, no, no

dont' do it
your aunt is trying to fuck you and not in the fun way

and the cycle will continue and then you will have to find a cuck to sign for your house when you need one

Be very careful since I assume you will be the sole owner of the house and I think your name will be on mortgage. If she doesn't pay and defaults your credit will be fucked up. She is using your credit to get a better deal on the mortgage but desu with I wouldn't trust anyone especially when it comes to something like credit

also i am a real estate agent :)

she's going to sign as the co-owner

>2017
>trusting a woman
>money
>ever

DONT FUCKING DO THAT OP OR IM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU

ok?

whatever happens just know you'll be responsible for it so if she skips out you will be stuck sorting the payments and shit.

>i know she'll pay for it
famous last words

you would have to be a fucking retard to co-sign for your aunt's mortgage

what do you get out of it?

How far along is she in buying the house? You better make sure you are aware of everything that is going on and if she isn't buying some house with a bad title

Never ever ever ever ever EVER sign something for someone else

It can only lead to bad things

Then she should pay it by herself.

BAD IDEA!

Literally don't, OP.

never listen to Veeky Forums, always do the opposite of what Veeky Forums is telling you

NONONONONONONONONONONONO
Doing this could possibly be the absolute worst decision of your life.

Say your aunt stops paying. It's now you're responsibility to cover the payments, utilities, HOA fees, property taxes.
>but i know she'll pay it
literally ops last words.

UNLESS she is able to pay to you the FUTURE VALUE of the mortgage PLUS GIFT TAX up front, do not do it.

It will fuck you over either way.

Don't do it and your family will hang it over your head for the rest of your life.

Do it and even if nothing goes wrong with it, everyone else in the family will try the same thing and guilt you because you did it once.

Trust a guy waiting on $150,762.55 from most of his family.

>Trust a guy waiting on $150,762.55 from most of his family.
how'd you manage that
are they going to pay

Plus another $658 I just paid yesterday because my cousin missed his minimum payment date on a line of credit I co-signed because he was totally going to pay a lot next time.

So I had to explain minimum payments and due dates to him again.

Do it because you love her, all these selfish faggots ITT are giving you bad advice because they can't feel empathy for another human being. Your aunt is good for it. This will only help your credit rating.

Helped out some relatives I was living with when their landlord decided to sell the place. Since there were no options available in town for the size of the family they had to buy it.
My uncle got transferred 18 months later when the government reneged on his five year contract and forced him to another community halfway across the province. So now he had to find a place there to move his family to, now they have two mortgages and it's a shitty market to sell the first house.

I didn't think long enough term in that I wouldn't get paid back at all in a decade, and by the time I'd realized that I'd helped out others because I can't say no when I have the money to help them.

I'm not actually in the hole, but I could have bought my first house cash in hand instead of getting a mortgage if I hadn't been a pushover.

So, if you are signing the loan, giving her the house, and she is gonna pay the bank, then

what if she does not pay?

Then you are responsible to pay the loan.

I would only do all this if you buy the property, have your name on the loan, then have a contract where she pays you as a tenant of the property.

This, OP most of Veeky Forums doesn't know what they're talking about. Also may I interest you in some btc from the genesis block? I'll exchange it at a 1:1 ratio with you and while I'm at it, would you be interested in acquiring the Brooklyn bridge? I can offer you amazing rates with a zero down payment

Yeah, you'd own the house. Any injuries occurring on the estate would be on you

>Your aunt is good for it.
Only until she isn't.
>This will only help your credit rating.
Only until it doesn't.

Last week was the first call I ever got for a late payment on anything in my name because my cousin spent too much on weed instead of paying $85 toward the $15k line of credit he burnt through. But don't worry - he's going to pay off a chunk with his student financial assistance next month, so it's all fine.

The instant I can swing paying it off in one go and closing it he's cut the fuck off again. I can't let other people's shit drag me down with them any more than it already has.

I helped people with their music careers (took six years to pay back $5k, so a good measure her talent), with getting back on their feet after getting out of a shitty situation ($7.5k directly, $15 LoC wasted), because someone they lent money too flaked out and they couldn't hold out any more ($10k), etc.

A guy I lent $18k to about three years ago just told me it's a rough time right now so he can't pay me back just yet. He bought a fucking $60k yacht three months ago because he's having a "midlife crisis" in his 50s.

You let one person in the rest will follow.

then she won't pay the taxes, and you're fucked.

When you want to buy your own house it's going to be in your dog's name, isn't it?

Don't do it you fucking retard.