"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that...

> "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." - Genesis 6:4

How does Veeky Forums feel about the giants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9uEspZpYlo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_Man
youtube.com/watch?v=8kNJxuBCM9k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinametzin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That description is probably about aliens desu.

>meface when no giant alium to snuggle with

The jews are a race of manlets, they just described foreigners fucking their women and giving birth to tall kids.

Unironically, just started browsing this board, what percent subscribes to ancient astronaut theory?

t. government shill trying to hide aliens from us
Most of us think it is a viable theory in some cases.

t. Schlomo Gutenstein

> "But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." - Numbers 13:31-33

What if demigods, giants/Nephilim/fallen angels/Sons of God, and Anunnaki are all the same things? Just different perspectives from different cultures?

almost everyone here subscribes to the overwhelming academic consensus that aliens did 9/11

What do you mean giants?
Like 6 feet or 8 feet or 20 feet?

>"Yet it was I who destroyed the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was as strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit above and his roots beneath. Also it was I who brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years through the wilderness, to possess the land of the Amorite"- Amos 2:9–10

Goliath is believed to be somewhere between 7ft-9ft tall depending on which source you use. King Og of Bashan is usually reported as being over 13ft tall.

I feel like I like them a lot.
I really like it when the mention it in the Bible, it makes the book feel more mystical and ancient. Like this stuff is long forgotten and all that is left of them is a side note in this book.

>using Sandnigger tales as a historical source
Go back to /x/ please

7 feet isn't even some unreal giant unless you're a manlet who can't comprehend such height. A ton of NBA players are that tall, it's not something mythical or supernatural.

Say what you will about the supernatural elements, though the Bible contains a sizable amount of verifiable geographic and historical information.

>contains the bare minimum of correct information that other historical sources provide in greater accuracy
>LETS TALK ABOUT 13FT TALL AYYLMAOS FROM THE KIUPER BELT

This discussion does not belong on Veeky Forums.

There's no reason to not believe those accounts when they are so often proven correct and keep the racism off of Veeky Forums.

An entire race of people seven feet tall is pretty hard to believe for most people.

Go to facebook if you don't like certain words being used
There is no reason to not believe those accounts except them being filled with total nonsense, improbabilities, and being written by a class of people who had to cut off their own foreskins because they didn't like washing themselves that often.

Giants never existed. Dog-faced men are 100% historical though.

Obviously Goliath was a manlet among the giants. Doesn't sound reasonable for an entire race of people to fear foreigners a mere one or two feet taller than them.

>other historical sources provide in greater accuracy
Name these sources

Sorry but I can't seem to find any primary sources on 13ft men from the stars, maybe you're right after all

t. multiculturalism

Most people were like 5 feet back in time, so when they saw 6'7 feet tall people they called them giants.

Kike bois btfo.

>5 feet back in time,
The age of manlets.

The Deluge comes immediately after this chapter. According to the text the Sons of God and the giants spread so much violence and wickedness that it necessitated God pushing the reset button.

Noah was picked to build the ark and preserve humanity because he was "perfect" in his generation. No human is morally perfect, so what might the author be taking about here? A few verses down it mentions that flesh has become corrupt. Perhaps this a reference to genetics?

"And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth." - Genesis 6: 12-13

>tfw no qt giant alien gf

God was always the manifestation of jewish impotent rage, nothing else.
>Jews get cucked
GOD WILL SURELY PUNISH YOU
>Jews get BTFO and taken into captivity
GOD WILL DESTROY YOU AND BASH YOUR BABIES AGAINST THE ROCKS MARK MY WORDS GOY
>Jews get conquered and taxed to oblivion by the Romans and their puppet rulers
GOD WON'T STAND FOR THIS, SURELY A GOD'S MESSIAH WILL COME ANY DAY NOW AND SLAUGHTER ALL THE ROMANS LIKE CATTLE!

Ever read the book of Isaiah? It's a straight up butthurt rant of some omega male fantasizing a magical being will come from heavens and destroy those alpha Babylonians. It's on par with virgins daydreaming about putting on power suits and slaughtering all the Chads.

This is what I was thinking. With better food supplies, people have been progressively getting taller over time. Perhaps there was just one tribe or whatever of people who had a combination of tall genes and abundant food?

Also, are we really sure that the original words meaning giant correspond with the modern english word, as in, someone inhumanly large? The original meaning might have just been very tall people, as in 7-9ft, rather than an impossible height.

>Most of us think it is a viable theory in some cases.
Believe it or not, there are more than 3 people regularly browsing this board.

You're missing the parts where the Jews are repeatedly disobedient and are cursed each time until God takes the land away from them for almost two thousand years. God came very close to killing everyone of them except Moses not long after they left Egypt. Would someone really write such negative things about themselves?

That's only in agrarian societies, but early Hebrews were pastoralist nomads.

>Also, are we really sure that the original words meaning giant correspond with the modern english word, as in, someone inhumanly large? The original meaning might have just been very tall people, as in 7-9ft, rather than an impossible height.
This:
> The Nephilim /ˈnɛfᵻˌlJm/ (Hebrew: נְפִילִים) were the offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" before the Deluge, according to Genesis 6:4 of the Bible. According to Numbers 13:33, they later inhabited Canaan at the time of the Israelite conquest of Canaan. An either similar or identical biblical Hebrew term, read as "Nephilim" by some scholars, or as the word "fallen" by others, appears in Ezekiel 32:27.

> The term "Nephilim" is mentioned twice in the Pentateuch. The first occurrence is in Genesis 6:1–4, immediately before the account of Noah's ark. Genesis 6:4 reads as follows (Jewish Publication Society translation, 1917): "The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown." Where the Jewish Publication Society simply transliterated the Hebrew nephilim as "Nephilim," the King James Version translated the term as "giants."

post moar of this

>be innaforest doing STALKER shit
>see this

I'd be fucking spooked but also wonder if it could die...

>not wanting to befriend the qt forest giant
Sad laddie sad

I'd wonder if it would lemme smash...

>How does Veeky Forums feel about the giants?

There were no giants, but there were Sons of God.

There still are Sons of God.

> According to the text the Sons of God and the giants spread so much violence and wickedness that it necessitated God pushing the reset button.

This is, of course, the opposite of what happened. The Jewish book spreads violence, rape, and terror and real Sons of God are 100% legitimate divine authorities.
youtube.com/watch?v=U9uEspZpYlo

I love this feel.
It's very Tolkien-esq

Sorry to burst this /x/bubble but they were referring to the fact that paleolithic man (their ancestors) were on average taller and healthier than neolithic and subsequent agricultural based man (them) due to the restriction in diet and activity that the agricultural revolution caused. We see similar myths in greece (hesiod).

Jews spell "windmills" funny

>muh institutionalized mythology is better than yours

>correct information
>greater accuracy
What's your metric? Who is the arbiter?

Never fuck around with a giant, they're probably savages

how would you even have sex with a giant?

Stop projecting your Resssentiment.

Paleolithic men were tall enough to make their successors look like grasshoppers by comparison? Does a discrepancy of a few feet really warrant the attention and fear the writers of these books seem to have for the "giants?"

And what greek myths do you speak of?

Neanderthals?

It serves as a good way of keeping the people in line or trying to give people an image of universal justice.
If people don't do as the high priests say they will be cursed by god for their disobedience.
If something bad happens unto the people you may claim this was a result of their collective sinning and that if they better themselves they will once again be blessed. This creates the impression there is some godly order punishing the bads and blessing the goods.

They still exist today, like OP's mom for example.

Wait, so what are those rock monsters from the Noah's Ark movie with Russel Crow? Are they the sons of god?

Go back to >>Where you belong

>talk about Bible verses which are part of the "&humanities" of the board
>people tell OP to fuck off to /x/
>/x/ will tell him to fuck off back here
What's the fucking point then?

Fuck out with your meme lingo Hegelian cuckboy.

Bible says there were giants. So there were giants.

Your verse from 1 Chronicles is speaking about David, not Jesus.

Bene Elohim, or sons of God, are angels.

This

Jewish women have been getting colonized since before the old testament

Makes you wonder about how many of them recieved the BIG EGIPTIAN DICK when the Exodus book began

Considering how much jewish women still worship the BBC today I'd say a lot

>Considering how much jewish women still worship the BBC today I'd say a lot
That would also imply that jewish women are submissive as fuck, considering how dominant where the slave masters back then
Oh wait, I just remembered how much of a crybaby was the jewish people when Mosses released them

That makes sense

>Jewesses bred with foreigners on the regular while Jewish men watched from their cucksheds
>Jews literally needed to switch from patrilineal descent to matrilineal so their lineage wouldn't disappear
Laughing hard

>God releases them from Egypt
>They celebrate by making another god and whorshipping it
>God makes a snake that can cure anything
>They worship the snake instead of thanking the Lord
>God makes the Ten Commandments, and decides to put it inside an Arc his people are supposed to protect
>They lost it forever

You gotta be shitting me if God hasn't changed his mind in the last 5 millenia or so

Another point on this genetics thing is the instructions God gave to the Israelites when they were conquering the Promised Land. More often than not, they were told to kill and destroy everything belonging to the cities they were at war with. Men, women, children, animals, and material goods. Seems like an odd thing to do unless you're trying to stomp something out.

"Jews were a mistake" - God

>Seems like an odd thing to do unless you're trying to stomp something out.
It's easier to exterminate the whole populace before you move in, then forcefully assimilate them to you culture. Also, you do know that anything that wasn't seen as an Israelite in their eyes mean't that it was unclean and corrupted, thus anything made or used by them would be unclean.

Barring Moses, God almost wiped them out on at least two different occasions in the wilderness on the way to the Promised Land. Moses intervened on their behalf both times.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation." - Exodus 32:9-10

"But on the morrow all the congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron, saying, Ye have killed the people of the Lord. And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moses and against Aaron, that they looked toward the tabernacle of the congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord appeared. And Moses and Aaron came before the tabernacle of the congregation. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces. And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the Lord; the plague is begun. And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people. And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed. Now they that died in the plague were fourteen thousand and seven hundred, beside them that died about the matter of Korah. And Aaron returned unto Moses unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and the plague was stayed." - Numbers 16:41-45

>Jews beg God to send them a Messiah for 200 years
>God finally sends him
>they fucking kill him

They were expecting a mighty military leader. Someone to beat back the Romans and put the nation back on the map. Instead they got someone who upset the established order (pissed off the pharisees and sadducees) and associated with the outcasts of society. Along with repentance he preached love and kindness to all that would listen.

Their rejection of the Messiah led great misery (Destruction of the Temple) and God turning to the Gentiles.

Giant mythology is an interesting subject, not just in ancient history but also in the present. It's quite fascinating how Giants appear in so many conspiracy theories: Nephilim Giants, Giants aliens, Giants as true ancient Humans, Giants from the Hollow Earth/Agartha, Giants from across the Infinite Flat Plane.....

Many of these seems to have Giants as some kind of idealized ancient past, to be feared and envied. They weren't just big versions of humans, they were Gods/sons of Gods, had powerful magic/technology, lived for centuries, build huge monuments, they ruled over the "small" humans as kings or they were the "true" ancestors and were the giants humans depicted in ancient paintings.
Is it simply the basic instinct that big animal = strong? It could partially explain it. Or maybe something buried deep within the human subconscious, a distorted memory perhaps.

I bet you also believe in talking snakes because the Bible says it

>Exterminate the whole populace
>Then assimilate

What are you assimilating? You've killed literally everything there was to assimilate.

The Jews just stole Amun-Re while they were in Egypt and Jewed him up

>t. totally not a snake

When they stole the secret of steel from the gods, it eventually made its way into the hands of men. They can't be all bad, surely?

You know the jews are pure evil when even God doesn't like them.

Technically no one was Jewish at that time.

But they were praising Yahweh before their stay in Egypt. Though what other supposed influences did the land of the Pharaohs have on the Israelites?

Average height went down from 5'10" (178 cm) for men and 5'6" (168 cm) for women to 5'5" (165 cm) and 5'1" (155 cm), respectively, and it took until the twentieth century for average human height to come back to the pre-Neolithic Revolution levels.[57] Agriculturalists had more anaemias and vitamin deficiencies, more spinal deformations and more dental pathologies.[58]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution

>Paleolithic men were tall enough to make their successors look like grasshoppers by comparison?

which text says "giant" means that?

> Does a discrepancy of a few feet really warrant the attention and fear the writers of these books seem to have for the "giants?"

>what are oral traditions
>what are chinese whispers
>what are tall stories
>what is never letting the truth get in the way of a good story
>what is collective memory
>what is the ancestral father always appearing as a giant to the son

>And what greek myths do you speak of?

Both Hesiod and Ovid offered accounts of the successive ages of humanity, which tend to progress from an original, long-gone age in which humans enjoyed a nearly divine existence to the current age of the writer, in which humans are beset by innumerable pains and evils. In the two accounts that survive from ancient Greece and Rome, this degradation of the human condition over time is indicated symbolically with metals of successively decreasing value.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_Man

i'm not sure if they mention height specifically, but this is obviously consistent with the above fact regarding health decline (and therefore height decline) due to agriculture.

Four inches isn't enough to generate giant myths and hunter gathering bands would almost never interact with settled farming communities in the first place. Hunter gatherers were rarely if ever warlike, in fact, that doesn't start UNTIL agriculture and food surpluses makes raiding possible. Raids were between farmers and farmers using slingers or primitive bows to steal each other's grain supplies. An H-G society doesn't have mills to grind grain!

Four inches is the average. The result is higher probability of 6 and 7 ft tall people in the general population.

It's not that hunter gatherers interacted with farmers. It's that hunter gatherers BECAME farmers and had a collective memory/oral tradition of the former way of life and the physical results of that way of life including better health/height.

The Jews mentioned height specifically and those ranged from like 7ft (or 9ft depending on source) to 13ft. These giants are described as mighty men and famous warriors, so perhaps the better resources theory applies.

This is true.

>The result is higher probability of 6 and 7 ft tall people in the general population

Yeah, but the average applies both ways. There will still be tall Neolithic farmers and dollars to doughnuts they'd be selected for in war parties too (because you want all the tallest dudes in your band).

So you have at best maybe half a foot height difference between the two? I don't buy it. It's way too in vogue these days to assume all of the ancient myths came from le hunter gatherer days. These people were not reliable narrators. The men of the Bronze age were no stronger, worse fed, and likely shorter then the iron age men that preceded them - and yet this is the Greek Heroic Age where Herakles and Theseus and the Seven Against Thebes and the Trojan warriors all make their mark. The Mycenaean were no strong civilization of powerful men wielding weapons of bronze, they collapsed like the rest.

Now how do you expect that oral traditions supposedly going back ten thousand years earlier then that are going to be any sort of reliable record for how people interacted in those days? It's like a giant game of telephone from parent to child over generation after generation.

>the Jews said it so it must be true

he probably just misspelled "than"

>these people were not reliable narrators
>how do you expect reliable record etc

I don't, that's my point. they turned these long term trends into stories about giants. Oral traditions can last centuries or even millenia (i.e aborigines). Of course they aren't accurate empirical records, but they often retain some event which has a basis in the past. In this case that event was the neolithic revolution. This event totally changed human kind and all civilization forever including their physical stature and health. It's reasonable to hypothesise that "giants" are a mythological repository of this event.

If you have a better hypothesis I'd like to hear it.

>herakles

Is the archetype of paleolithic man. The great, savage hunter father who made extinct the megafauna and other large predators of europe. The memory is converted into myths of him slaying monsters (probably in conjunction with the discovery of dinosaur bones here and there which they couldn't explain. I think there was a temple in greece where they worshipped some huge bones and gave it a story?) His recurrence in contemporary settings later on doesn't mean he's a bronze age figure.

>re the other myths

Not relevant desu

Does anyone take the Book of Enoch seriously? The author of the book of Jude mentions a Book of Enoch, although there is no way to confirm what we is what he was talking about or how reliable said book is. It elaborates on the account offered in Genesis. The Sons of God are referred to as "The Watchers" and they are again described as the fathers of the "giants/Nephilim." These supernatural entities supposedly shared hidden knowledge with humanity. The Watchers are sealed away (The New Testament mentions that fallen angels were imprisoned for serious crimes)

>It's on par with virgins daydreaming about putting on power suits and slaughtering all the Chads.

Someone gets it. God is a shy, gentle, introvert who is, by definition of being God, alpha, and the Jews will never get over that.

>Wait, so what are those rock monsters from the Noah's Ark movie with Russel Crow? Are they the sons of god?

No, Jesus is a Son of God (with phony miracles added in), the Pharaohs are Sons of Ra, Alexander the Great was the Son of Zeus, etc..
youtube.com/watch?v=8kNJxuBCM9k

Then why have no giant skeletons of ruins ever been found? Why do they not fit with the anthropological record?

What if the skeletons are being hidden? Or maybe they haven't been found yet. There's much about our history we don't know or haven't confirmed.

I fucking love shit like this.

Like in Daniel where it says Gabriel fought the "Prince of Persia" for three weeks before Michael rescued him.

Or the mention in Revelation to "The angel in charge of the waters".

Its like they're just teasing us with what obviously has a ton of lore behind it but all we get is an off-handed line, like its not important that we know that there's an angel in charge of water.

Is he in control of fresh water? All water on earth? All water period? Is there other angels who rule over other things in physics like some Hermetic Angelogy? Is there instead just a vast celestial bureaucracy who oversees the laws of nature?

But no, all we get is "There were Nephilim in the earth in those days"

Its like you can tell us how many stalks of grain the Israelites were eating in 800 BC but half-demons fighting dinosaurs in some Thulelantis super-civ, that's not important at all.

>I fucking love shit like this.
I hate it. I want more. It's so incredibly vague. Like if someone summed up WWII with "and all the mighty nations of the Earth did do battle a second time and the aggressors were cast down." You would miss out on details like the Invasion of Poland, Dunkirk, Holocaust, Fire Bombings of Tokyo, Pearl Harbor, Atomic Bombings of Japan, etc.

Isn't it possible that some palaeolithic tribes valued size, made the biggest man their first warriors and clan chiefs, took the biggest women as wife and thereby actively selected for giant body proportions?

In a tribal setting, they would have an advantage over normal sized humans, given their greater strength in combat.

That would probably result in regular hostility between these giants and smaller tribes.

Once agriculture set in and smaller humans became much more abundant in bronze age civilizations, it would have only been a matter of time until the bigger linages were killed off.

What would remain is legends of giants in the old age that were slain by "heros".

Then there is legends of giant humans in the new world. I think it would be hard to find a culture that did not have them.
Aztec for example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinametzin
Conquistadores supposedly met humans of giant stature too.
Tuskaloosa, who was encountered by de Soto in the Mississippi region for example.
There is also a story floating around that at the siege of Technochtitlan there was a giant throwing boulders at the Spaniards.

This is an interesting grounded explanation.