APOLOGIZE

Baby I'm sorry I sold half my hold of you @ 100% gains for ANT and OMG. Forgive me bby for I have sined.

> tmw would've made more holding BTC
> tmw would've made more holding XMR

FUCK YOU!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Patrician portfolios:
50% BTC
40% ETH
10% XMR

been serving me well for the past year

im gay

Patrician portfolios:
100% XMR

RIce niggers better pump this coin to 200$.

What does monero even do?

It's a private, fungible cryptocurrency.

Like what Bitcoin used to be.

It's a FOSS PoW cryptocurrency that actively mixes every transaction with RingCT which provides a cryptocurrency with the greatest fungibility use-case. No other coin does this better at the moment.

Also the FBI can't fucking figure it out.

even i think thats a stretch. maybe $150-160?

Nothing. It's only pumping because the Palm Tree whatever it's called group listed it on their newsletter or whatever. It actually said to buy it on 9/15, but on 9/15 they are all going to dump it so the newcoiners are gonna get shafted. Like always.

200 should be easy

based on what

would someone please clarify if monero has infiinite supply or if they have hard cap? one of the reasons i did not buy and hold is because i kept reading fud about how the devs have a fuckton of xmr and can change the supply at any time.

it's infinite, but not where it really matters over the course of a single life-time.

Somehow BTC miners of the future are expected to not be rewarded at all.

It's the only cryptocurrency in existence. Other cryptos cannot be considered currencies because they are not fungible.

>devs have a fuckton of xmr and can change the supply at any time.
No. Though there was a bug in cryptonote protocol that allowed to create coins out of thin air. Monero devs found this bug and fixed it, then pushed an update and waited till most pools upgraded to new version, then told bytecoin & co. about the bug, then some time later made it public. Bytecoin devs exploited it. Monero devs didn't - can be verified.

>Somehow BTC miners of the future are expected to not be rewarded at all.

>people still say this in 2017 and don't know what fees are

Is Monero going to replace bitcoin?

Yes, but don't tell anyone.

Should I sell my BCC for Monero?

I'm holding BCC as a hedge and because I got it for free.

thanks

every blockchain uses one way hash functions, every coin is produced with cryptography. I'd argue not all are currencies. Anonymity != crypto

Tbh I was never sure I liked the idea of a purely deflationary currency in the future.

"Kryptos" literally means "hidden" in Greek. The whole point of crypto is anonymity.

Honest opinions. I actually started holding XMR (also Darkcoin I think was its name) since way back but read some shifty things about the dev team manipulating price and also had a change of heart about the tech. I truly believe real crypto's like XMR will be the first to be shut down, in fact I believe public confidence in the crypto market won't happen if real anonymous transactions exist.

Kidnapping, murder, money laundering it all becomes child's play when you can change the money so easily.

What's Veeky Forums opinion?

My opinion is the less the government can track the better. Fuck the nsa. Fuck the sec. Fuck the fbi. Fuck the central banks. They can't stop this. It's a financial revolution.

Montero is the hedge, and also LTC. Both will see gains with BTC now a central banking scheme.

BCC is the future.

Cash money is the exact same way, perfectly anonymous.

There are going to be downsides to everything, but this type of anonymity and safety from government intervention is what draws a lot of people to crypto in the first place.

>BCC is the future.
Did you mean XMR?

go back to /lgbt/, you faggot

I respectfully disagree. BTC computer ransom are well known, that can't be done with cash. Imagine that but with actual kidnapping, there's no dropoff point, just phone the family, instruct them how to buy BTC-> XMR and you're set. Same with absolutely any crime.

Like some larper in the other XMR writes, ISIS most likely has already used or researched similar methods. One day we'll wake up to the news that muslim cells used XMR to transfer funds between each other. I have no idea what'll happen but it's important to take into consideration.

My calculations put XMR at $1000 per coin.

neiss just bought 2 more moneros

your kind will die off eventually.

> "Kryptos" literally means "hidden" in Greek. The whole point of crypto is anonymity.

LOL

So is anyone going to address that one paper that was wrote about monero not being totally private? That's the only reason I didn't buy in at 45 and it suddenly mooned all at once, I was literally watching it happen in disbelief since that paper came out and the prices were dropping.

None of the user-focused cryptos are perfect. Monero's moon mostly came when OmiseGo's 600k phishing campaign started liquidating, but its reputation as the "most private" will stick around and give it a market for DNMs, which means it'll continue upwards until BTC crashes the market with no survivors.

This market is in a hyper bull rush and nobody has any interest in trading on fundamentals, but the next major player will be ETH when the ZCash protocol is implemented as a smart contract. Afterwards XMR's existence is going to be hard to justify as BTC's sidechain opportunities begin to loom.

>This market is in a hyper bull rush
People have been saying this since bitcoin jumped from 2 cents to 10 cents.

>RingCT
More like RinCP

That's nice, but going into an ice age from $1200 to $200/1BTC for a period of 2 years does qualify as a "crash" to me.

It's pretty obvious that BTC has peaked +/-15% until SW2x FUD is complete, but if you're seriously trying to deny that a +400% price increase within 6 months isn't a bull rush, then I hope you invested in enough WojakCoins to pay for all the pink you're going to be experiencing after this bubble pops in 2018.

It was bullshit FUD written by zcash scammers

If bitcoin and crypto were mature markets, you could argue that a 400% price increase is extreme.
A lot of people do see it that way, which is a large part of the reason why bitcoin seems to take the elevator down for dumb shit.

In reality though, this market is only just getting started.

already sol. ive seen enough pump and dumps. Before there is a more widespread adoption of any coin i wont hodl over an ATH.

Granted monero gets used a lot already

That kind of thought of thinking is toxic. You never surrender freedom for safety or you end up with police states where nothing is allowed.

Ummm yea..... The fact that the FBI somehow knew how much ZCash that guy had bit not Monero makes it so I do not giving trust ZCash at all.

If eyhereum is going to implement the same "system". I do not trust it for a second.

XMR will remain King Privacy.

I refuse to believe Monero isn't just being randomly manipulated right now.
How was it bullshit fud? Explain.

Monero functions fine as is, you cannot shut it down. Unlike, for example, Ethereum where there's a large reliance on corporate structure and institutional investors. Monero is simply a FOSS project with zero corporate structure and the develoeprs and intentionally avoided the creation of a foundation or creating a real hierarchy.

Most of these altcoins are marketed like stocks or something, where Monero takes a very traditional open source software project approach.

>I refuse to believe Monero isn't just being randomly manipulated right now.
Bithumb? RuffCT? Not to mention it's an undervalued coin that was actually grinding near the bottom of it's usual range.

It only seems random to the ignorant.

>How was it bullshit fud? Explain.
The paper was literally written by the zcash developers and it talked about a possible issues with old transactions back when you could disable mixin, or used very low levels. It doesn't matter at all post-RingCT and minimum mixin levels have since been increased.

It's a non-issue, and the fact that it was written by a zcash person makes it blatant FUD.

The pump happened too fast and all at once. I was watching it real time it took a second.

Should I try to get in at an 80, or is it mooning since its past 100 rn? I regret selling what I had before this pump, just wanna hodl now

Welcome to crypto, insider trading is the norm, shit happens fast and Monero is normally a relatively low volume coin.

I'm in a hedging short right now against my stash of Monero minings. I'd always keep XMR as part of my portfolio.

One day there will be a big announcement that scares everyone into buying a lot of Monero. It will Moon because of a darknet, some ransomware wave or it becoming a spooky darknet coin (ala bitcoin during silk road) on CNBC.

It will jump just like you saw it jump before, so have some. Plus you might actually find it useful it you wanna send some coin to some sketchy fucking dude.

>holding 17 XMR

gonna be filthy right in a year or so

THIS.

XMR bouncing off the $100 mark just like two days ago.

If you're talking about the pathetic ZCash attempt at discrediting XMR this was addressed as complete bullshit on Reddit.

If you're talking about the no-name psycopaths' blogpost - did you even read it? I lost focus half way through as he was plucking out ideas left, right and centre, all of which were so abstract it really isn't anything relating to monero tech itself he was basically putting out a bunch of "What-ifs"

It will go up for the next 9 days due to the promo on Bithumb exchange. You get an extra 1% on your monero deposit, so whales will whale. After that period, no idea.

Actual patrician portfolios:
30% MCO 30% ETH 30% XMR 10% shitcoins

>He fell for the "diverse portfolio" meme

the rewards for the Bithumb exhange are restricted to Korean nationals only. However, we benefit as the price will go up during this period. There is a lot of developments in the pipelines and that's not even considering DNM adoption.

Fees vs inflation are basically the same thing when considering a currency. As long as you are using it, you are paying for the privilege. Per tx for BTC, per unit of time held for Monero.

I'm sorry guys.

I bought some monero like two hours ago. That's why it's crashing.

>Free 1%
>It will go up

It will dump tard. Same shit as with BTC and BCH

So monero just formed a double top with the first top from two days ago.
The double top is probably the most bullshit formation in the history of price charts.

Thoughts?

my short says you should sell it, im going to sleep