AntPool is actively sabotaging Bitcoin

Since SegWit activated, AntPool mined 24 blocks. 1 of those blocks was full, 4 were > 900kb, 6 were empty:
blockchain.info/blocks/AntPool

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do you choose to mine empty blocks?

and?

90% of hash power is in China.

and?

Don't worry. Currently there are two big new actors about to enter the mining competition. The best thing is that they won't be using Antminers because they think that technology is extremely inferior, like everything made in china.

Jihan will be hit hard in the core of his business in less than a year.

The Chink gov could kill BTC in a stroke of a pen.

People are talking about this as if it's something new, but AntPool have been mining empty blocks for ages. Google "antpool empty blocks" and you'll find leddit posts that date back to 2015.

Why?

retards like you don't understand the beauty of bitcoin: it's BYZANTINE FAULT TOLERANCE. Or, how do we incentivize people to act in the best interests of the consensus network?

China has no reason to shut down bitcoin. They control the largest cryptocurrency in the world. Why the fuck would they ever destroy that?

the chinese have a long history of exploiting BTC, if you research, you will find out that 20% of the blocks mined by antpool are empty.

because mining empty blocks has a much lower risk of getting beat onto the network

seriously, this is bitcoin 101-level undestanding

Then how can BCH even produce 8mb blocks?

>Don't worry. Currently there are two big new actors about to enter the mining competition.
Who? Are established semiconductor companies going to release mining ASICs?

what?

There's no incentive to mine 8mb blocks when you could broadcast a tiny block faster and win the reward instead of the fees.

haha, prepare to wake up

how many fees are in an 8MB block, compared to a 1MB block?

8x! Do you see now why miners want bigger blocks?

Stop trolling.

hahahaha
this

>trolling

How is explaining why there is less incentive to mine empty blocks on a chain that supports larger blocksizes "trolling"?

I can't reveal too much information because I'm invested in one of those companies, and I bought a lot of shares a while ago. I'm not talking about a few pennies obviously.

However, I can tell you for sure two things:
1) A few but pretty substantial companies have been watching Bitcoin developments closely for at least two years, and at least two of them decided to go in bigtime.
2) Jihan at this point is pretty much fucked even if he decides to keep mining BTC only, and I think that's the main reason he constantly switches between BTC and BCC, because he is aware of what's coming and the gains from switching over and over between chains are insane. That will change real soon.

The header is broadcasted not the entire block you stupid shilling fuck. The blocksize is completely irrelevant.

Damn i did some research and you were ACTUALLY RIGHT

obviously there is more demand for bitcoin right now

that doesn't mean that 8MB blocks won't eventually result in higher miner rewards

Hell, just look at the ultimate goal of core...to move most Txs off the blockchain by artificially suppressing the blocksize. I'm sure reducing demand for on-chain Txs will increase the fees right....right?

>AntPool is actively sabotaging Bitcoin
GOOD!!!!

He's talking about BitFury. Big Deal.

What does that mean you retarded fuck?

The picture means white girls are stupid.

anyone who uses the term "core" is a shill

Please return to your reddit website and shill there.

too bad you can't censor the truth here faggot

bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-core/

Troll.

lol

My uncle works for Intel too.