What is the difference between a coins USD price and BTC price? Why are the graphs different?

What is the difference between a coins USD price and BTC price? Why are the graphs different?

BTC price in USD goes up so the alt sat value goes down, but remain same USD price.

well see one is USD and the other is BTC

a coin's BTC price could be stable while it's USD price could fluctuate. do you know why that is? think about it.

this is one of the dumbest questions I've seen on biz

delet this and kys.
This thread was a mistake, same goes for you.

rofl xD

How can you not get this? BTC fluctuates in terms of USD aswell

Kek, this

> Why are pants different from shirts? Are children small... or just far away?

This is retard tier, now hold our bags

I know it's a dumb question but I seriously still don't get it. So its sometimes cheaper to buy a coin with BTC than USD? I see a BTC and USD price graph on exchanges that don't even let you buy coins with USD, so why is it there?

Why does it remain the same USD price of the alt sat value goes down?

Use your brain for once and think. If you can't figure this out, you REALLY shouldn't be in this market

No I don't know why. The value of the dollar goes down? Why would BTC stay the same if the USD goes up or down? Should you buy BTC at a low BTC price even if the USD price is up? Do you have to watch both graphs? Some exchanges don't even let you buy with usd or you could be buying it with BTC bought with usd at a completely different price? I don't fucking get this, at all.

Then why can't you answer it?

If 1 BTC = $100:

LTC is trading on exchanges for .01 BTC
This means the coin would also be trading for $1 .... ($100 * .01)

Now, say btc goes up to $200:

LTC is not doing well, people still think it's worth a dollar. LTC will trade for .005 BTC on exchanges. LTC will also trade for $1 on the LTC/USDT charts.

Now assume BTC stayed at $100, but people thought LTC was wayyy undervalued:

People start buying LTC for .05 BTC on exchanges. This would translate to $5 on the LTC/USDT charts.

Hope this helped.

You have one dollar.

Last week
1 gallon of milk costs $2
1 carton of eggs costs $0.40
Your value you own is 0.5 MILK or 2.5 EGG

this week
1 gallon of milk costs $1.50
1 carton of eggs costs $0.50
Your value you own is 0.66667 MILK or 2 EGG

Your dollar (coin) has stayed steady, but the amount expressed in MILK and EGG has changed. You can exchange your dollar for more MILK now, but less EGG

is this bait or is op american?

But then what happens when bitcoin goes up and litecoins btc price plummets like it did recently?

Litecoin usd stayed around $45 but the bitcoin price went from 0.2 to 0.12.

Thank you for trying to help and answer me but yeah I guess I'm too retarded to figure this out.

So potentially, a coin could be worth .00000000000001 BTC but we worth $1,000,000 under the right circumstances?

On bittrex, do you to go the Bitcoin or usd tab? Which price do you use to refer to as "the" price when talking about it?

retarded or bait, I don't even know anymore

I always talk about "the" price in BTC. It's much easier to just say "bitcoin is worth 1 btc" since you don't have to look it up every time.

I'm just retarded. I don't understand how this is such an easy concept to all of you to completely understand. Like yeah I get it, they're different prices. Why? Can you genuinely explain why that is? How to compare the two? Why one might be way higher than the other? Which do you buy? What if the exchange that coin is on only takes BTC but the USD price is a way better price?

How is the BTC value easier to talk about than the USD? How would you convert without a calculator and adjust for the fact that the price might have just moved .0004001 of a decimal place in the last ten seconds?

>How is the BTC value easier to talk about than the USD?
Well only when you're talking about bitcoin. Because one bitcoin is always 1 btc.

Oh I think I'm sort of starting to get it.

say a pencil is worth 1 BTC.
BTC is worth $100
BTC goes up to $200
That pencil is now still worth 1 BTC, but worth $200???

What causes the BTC value to go down?

What I can't understand is $1 usd is always $1usd.

The exchange rate doesn't matter so there's zero volatility.

No mat what, my omg is going to be valued against 1 $1usd.

But bitcoin changes a ton.

If it crashes $800 ina day my alts will decrease in how many bitcoin I can buy.

If bitcoin goes up my alts value goes down as well.

It's simple division and multiplication man.

If a coin is worth .01 BTC and $1000 USD, it's because the price of BTC is 1000/.01 = 100 000

> So potentially, a coin could be worth .00000000000001 BTC but we worth $1,000,000 under the right circumstances?

i.e. the right circumstances being BTC = 1,000,000 divided by .00000000000001 = 10000... a bunch of zeroes.

>Which do you buy?
Buy the cheaper option and sell for the expensive one. Rinse and repeat over and over until the price gap closes.

>What causes the BTC value to go down?

Pic related.

I just don't get it.

I don't mean BTC in general but what makes the BTC value of say, liteocoin go down?

Winner!

> I don't mean BTC in general but what makes the BTC value of say, liteocoin go down?

Basically when on the BTC exchanges more people are selling Litecoin than buying it.

The strong unit buys more weaker units.

The dollar doesn't actually have a value of $1. It's only worth what you can exchange it for.

>What causes the BTC value to go down?
Chinese waking up

It's like how you buy more shit in Canada with USD.

So say a pencil is worth 1 BTC, which is worth $100

What factors cause it to drop in BTC value (say to .5 BTC) vs what a BTC is worth?

People not wanting and getting rid of pencils?

BECAUSE BITCOIN WENT FROM 2 TO 4k you absolute retard, i know you're baiting but still

Fuck

Arbitrage issues aside... the USD value is the same as the BTC value, only expressed in different units.

Ya but let's say the usd gets stronger. $1 usd now has the strength of $4usd.

If I sold my litecoin into usd the ratio wouldn't go up or down.

So when bitcoin become more valuable my litecoin shouldn't half in value I should be able to go into bitcoin and receive the same amount I would have prior.

If my litecoin is worth exactly 1 bitcoin at $2k it should be worth 1 bitcoin at $4k.

and to think, retards like this are getting rich buyig shitcoins.

Have you been diagnosed with any mental deficiencies, OP?

Nah man. There was once a guy asking if a 20% increase was different on two different amounts

So the BTC value would drop if Bitcoin went up but the USD would go up?

Why would it drop to .5 if that happened? Wouldn't it still be worth 1 BTC but now worth $200 if it doubled?

Pencil = 1 BTC = $100
Pencil = .5 BTC = $

Now how does that 1 BTC drop to .5 and what would the price be?

ETH is $332 in BTC
ETH is $331 in USD

WHY?

Is this affected by the USD going down?

You have to be trolling.

No asset has a fixed value. The all fluctuate against one another.

So ETH price is based on USD value, BTC, and it's own worth to the community?

imagine buying a gold coin with your dollars. you can only buy jewels with gold coins.

let's say you bought a pile of jewels with one gold coin, and a week later the price of gold doubled.

do you think someone would pay you then the same amount of gold for your pile of jewels that you paid? no, because it's now twice as valuable. they would give you half a gold coin

USD is also volatile when measured against other currencies (real currencies like yen or euro) and changes in real value, that's why inflation is a thing. the difference is that everyone agrees to use USD as a baseline to compare to because the public has confidence in USD, thus believing that its value in regard to real products will always more or less stay the same, periods of minor inflation / deflation disregarded. this confidence is of course the very thing making this aspect real, so in the end it's confidence based on other peoples confidence, and as such on nothing concrete.

if hypothetically one day people lose faith in USD and start to trust in BTC, this situation could flip, and everyone would measure everything in BTC.

in the end, montary value is a stupid scam which happens to keep the economy running.