Avalon ICO

What's most likely going to happen, Veeky Forums?

tears

Only reaches 40% of cap thus 60% of coins are destroyed. This leaves only 6,000,000 coins in existence. Oy vey. When it pumps it pumps

I meant 4,000,000 coins

>If the minimum threshold of coins are claimed during the crowdfund (35% of 8,700,000 AVA) – making the crowdfund official and binding – however the entirety of the 8,700,000 AVA are not claimed, the leftover amount will be placed into cold storage for 182 days. After 182 have passed, the Avalon Team will decide whether a second crowdfund is viable, or if the AVA should return to cold storage for an additional 182 days. If a second 182 days is selected and after 365 days of total cold storage, the remaining unclaimed AVA will be burned, stored again, or a resolution will be found using community input and market analysis. The final decision will vary based on how many AVA are left unclaimed. The Avalon team has sole discretion of the fate of any remaining AVA, however best practices and community expectations will be prioritized when decision making in this area.

40% of cap will be only 3,480,000 coins user
total cap is 8,7 mill

A meme will come out of it like "we are the Avalon spartans" or some shit.

Not really, that's just what is publicly available during the ICO. The total cap is still 10 million. The tokens belonging to the devs could trickle back into the market as they cash out.

I bought some AVA, but my bags don't feel heavy because I bought very little, and there's a chance the ICO will fail.

If the ICO fails, I lose nothing. If the ICO succeeds, I get to hold the coins until people realize they want them and make some easy money. I literally cannot lose.

That bag could've been saved for non-shitty ICOs like Chain Link and Red Pulse.

ICO succeeds
hits on exchanges but nobody wants to buy
goes lower than the ico price and dies eventually becuz there'll be no product or no one will use it anyway.

Disclaimer: I bought the Avalon ICO. Small position, but I bought in.

I am extremely long on Avalon. Very small supply of coins and hard-capped ICO are what attracted me. If the coin fails to fully-fund that just means my position is that much more relatively scarce.

Relative scarcity is one of the reasons I bought so an incomplete sale wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Crypto, as a space, is very new and the applications of blockchain technologies are just now beginning to scratch the surface. If Avalon figures out how to make the GPO business work and grows with crypto, my small token position could explode in value. If they don't, I'm out $200 which I would have blown on a steak dinner or some other bullshit.

Let's name some big GPOs with different business models: Costco (wholesale paid membership), Sams Club (wholesale paid membership), Groupon (consumer free membership),
Novation (healthcare, hospital members)...

Anyhow. You get the idea.

There's a shit ton of potential here. Not sure if blockchain is an ideal platform for GPOs, but I'll buy into the first mover and find out.

>Terrible idea
>terrible team
>paid shills on biz
>ICO wont even get to half of what they want to get

oy vey I guess it's going to get Bancor'd.

I'm tempted to buy in as well because of its first-mover aspect but I'm just not convinced the "untapped market" of crypto holders is significant enough, at least right now, to attract the attention of retailers. In addition to that, they are limiting membership to those people that want to pay for it, narrowing their pool of buyers even further. In other words, they may be overestimating what the return or interest is going to be from retailers/e-tailers who they are then going to try to charge a finders fee to for bringing them sales of whatever deals the retailer is pushing. Competitive retailers are going to look at dealing with Avalon as a marketing expense and will then question whether or not they'd just be better off trying to tap into the consumer market by spending those marketing dollars elsewhere.

Sure, this idea has worked for Groupon, but they're also not limiting their "product" to membership paying crypto holders (what the fuck is that going to be initially, like 0.0000001% of the population?). My point is I think AVA could work out long, long term but it's going to take a while for it to gain value and I'm not sure the project can survive off of their 13% coin holdings for very long, especially if the token flops right out of the gate.

Also, after reading the whitepaper I'm still unclear as to how the AVA tokens themselves will be used relative to participating with group deals.

You got shill-fucked

>Shills aplenty this past week
>ICO open over 24 hours
>Devs claim DDOS ICO probs
>only 8.9 % met until minimum binding threshold met
>If 3,050,000 tokens aren't sold they have to refund everyone their ETH

Avacucks BTFO

Avabag

enjoy getting fucked in the ass

277,076 Tokens sold
at this rate there's no way they're getting to their goal in 19 hours

19 days

it'll hit its minimum cap at this rate but it wont hit its max meaning a low as fuck supply

if they can justify themselves by the time it hits exchanges with a good business partnership it'll go ballistic but its a gamble imo

holders bouta get troy'd

this