Bitcoin segwit rn

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size
medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018878
github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.9.1
bitcoin.org/bin/insecure/bitcoin-core-0.9.1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you even understand what Segwit is?

i sure do.... do you?

It's a hack which fixes transaction malleability and provides a small capacity increase. What the hell does that have to do with full blocks?

the block are still pretty full there chief
blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size

Reddit is censorship by groupthink, including r/btc

Which is where you should go back to.

I'm fully aware. Still has nothing to do with Segwit.

was segwit not supposed to fix this problem? yet people are still paying $5 to send $20 worth of bitcoin.

you're thinking of lightning network. that comes next

No, it wasn't. It was pushed through to fix transaction malleability and make developing LN easier.

what is the subscription fee going to be again?

Unfortunately correct statement here.

>When a corefag calls you a traitor for buying BCH
>When a corefag says you're "hurting" bitcoin by taking your money someplace else

Bitcoin is now a cult for some people

merchants who want to use LN will pay some kind of fee to get their transactions done fast and cheaply. this will solve the "coffee" problem.

What is Bitcoin Cash doing? they are doing all the signs, counting and the alphabet..

Why do you assume I support Core or their road map? You reddit fags are so obnoxious. You and r/bitcoin both. Just brain dead parrots.

I support on-chain scaling but LN (with all its disadvantages) remains the only viable option for long term scalability and micro-payments.

You're probably misinterpreting that post by the way. The "subscription fee" is simply the large transaction fee up front (to the miners) in order to facilitate LN transactions. The fee model changes to one paid per transaction to one paid per unit time. LN is an idea and it's literally years down the line. Core will (probably) be first to market because they're developing the tech - if they abuse their position anyone can step up to the plate.

LN is literally the death of BTC. medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800

what is the subscription fee going to be again?

Then don't use it.

Typical reddit response.

THE BITCOIN-CLASSIC OF 2014 THREAD.
AS SOON AS THE SEGWIT IS ACTIVATED, I WILL MAKE A HARD FORK, AS IT IS SAID HERE:
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018878
AFTER THIS BITCOIN CORE CLIENTS EARLIER VERSION 0.14.1 WILL START REJECTING NEW BLOCKS.
THE DIFFICULTY WILL FALL AND IT WILL BE POSSIBLE TO MINE BITCOIN CLASSIC EVEN IF THERE IS NO MINING POOLS.
IN THE BITCOIN CONSOLE, THE COMMAND "setgenerate true".
INSTALL BITCOIN-CORE OF 2014 github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.9.1 AND SAVE YOUR BITCOIN-CLASSIC FROM THIEVES.
BINARIES MOVED HERE bitcoin.org/bin/insecure/bitcoin-core-0.9.1/ (DEVELOPERS SCARED, NO ONE TRUST EM)

Question about LN:

Is there a reference implementation, or is it basically a blackbox? Anyone could implement a lightning network of their own design now that the transaction malleability has been resolved?

No reference implementation yet. Anyone can develop their own LN but you'll need lots of liquid bitcoin and a lot of users to make channels on your hub worthwhile.

stop mining BCH pls