Who was in the right?

Were the Confederates justified in their secession from the Union?

Yes. The majority of people in the south wanted out. That's all that is needed.

>bunch of slave owning cunts rebel against their motherstate because it is trying limit their business opportunities
>founding fathers were such brave men that stood up against the tyranny
>bunch of slave owning cunts rebel against the union because it is trying limit their business opportunities
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeee fucking confederate traitors!!!!!!!!11111!111!11!!!

all "muh freedoms" rhetoric of the south is made trivial by their literal slave economy

>Who was in the right?

According to your pic, Dixies

"The framers of our Constitution never exhausted so much labor, wisdom, and forbearance in its formation, and surrounded it with so many guards and securities, if it were intended to be broken by every member of the Confederacy at will. It is intended for perpetual union, so expressed in the preamble, and for the establishment of a government (not a compact) which can only be dissolved by revolution, or by the consent of all the people in convention assembled."

North was right to oppose the spread of slavery to the West. It would have turned the frontier into the domain of wealthy Southern slaveowners. The Dred ruling was a terrible misstep that freaked out the Northerners.

The South was within its constitutional rights to secede from the Union for any reason. Secession was implicitly allowed in the constitution. However, as a prudential matter, the 7 deep South states shouldn't have seceded immediately following Abe's election, nor should they have fired the first shot at Ft. Sumter.

Both sides are to blame for allowing this dispute to turn into a horrible war.

>Secession was implicitly allowed in the constitution
No it isn't. The Union is a contract which cannot be dissolved unilaterally except by the consent of all parties. This was the clear intent of the framers of the Constitution.

Over a third of the people in the south were never asked m8. surly they should have been questioned

Confederacy was one of the most evilest regimes in human history on par with nazi Germany desu. They were wrong because they were evil.

Not saying they were evil just unjustified in their war

But USA was even more evil than Confederacy.
>confederates - couple years of slavery, failed rebellion
>yanks - multiple genocides against native americans, almost a century of slavery, successful rebellion, with them going ahead and committing even more atrocities after the civil war

Were the confederates justified? Since they lost I have to say they were not. They will forever be remembered as baddies. And the North will always be justified as morally upstanding and noble, because they won.

OUR DIXIE FOREVER SHE'S NEVER AT A LOSS!

DOWN WITH THE EAGLE AND UP WITH THE CROSS!

WE'LL RALLY BEHIND THAT BONNIE YES WE'LL RALLY ONCE AGAIN!

SHOUT! SHOUT! THE BATTLE CRY OF FREEDOM!

t. mass murdering Northern vermin

Friendly reminder that Andersonville wasn't a war crime. It was pest control.

>As if the Confederates were anything other than just a part of the Union that blinded itself for a bit, and therefore just as complicit in the Union's history on top of their perfidious rebellion

>implying the North's stranglehold over the planet will last forever

When the Union is brought to its knees, it will forever go down as one of the most vile and murderous empires in world history. I only hope that those who finally tear the last Yankee rag from the burning Congress building hoist a battle flag up in its place.

she had one war and lost. even France does better.

DO IT AGAIN SHERMAN

1/3rd doesn't make a majority silly

Do what again? Cutting Confederate supply lines to andersonville and then stopping prisoner exchange? Kek

The legal justification was ambiguous. The moral justification was non-existent. They were certainly the "bad guys".

It doesn't particularly matter.

If we consider it an illegal secession then the Union is well within its rights to put down a violent rebellion by any means necessary.

If we consider the secession legal then Dixie being an independent country is no longer under the protection of the U.S. Constitution, making them free game for any plan the Union had in store. It would not be unconstitutional to do to Dixie what we did to the natives, to Mexico, and to the Philippines. It would be foolish of them to think they were somehow special.

Why do Dixiefags think they can wash their hands of every historic crime committed by the Union considering they are a major part of the Union?

>this is what dixie cups actually think

>muh based dixie
/pol/ worships the confederates because they are "red pilled", i.e., they lash out against the disadvantaged (minorities) to "trigger" people.
In reality, the CSA would have been a laughably terrible state motivated by outdated agricultural feudalism against a Union that was just starting to revolutionize its economy with the help of immigrants, which, by the way, don't want to work on the farms that they just escaped from in europe, so they would not touch the CSA.
The southern confederacy of dunces would eventually be forced to adapt, becoming more authoritarian instead of Jefferson's "muh agricultural society of libertarianism" which never would have been successful, or become a failed state.
But someone will post le ebin redpill info graphic on command to "trigger" me or try to prove me wrong. Just don't listen to poltards.

Who wasn't asked? Niggers? Niggers aren't people m8. They vote against everything that makes sense.

The Nazis did not exterminate the Jews. They had swimming pools and movie theaters for them there. Its was only because the evil allies bombed German rail lines and bridges that the Jews starved. The allies KNEW this would happen!!!! EVIL

>Why do Dixiefags think they can wash their hands of every historic crime committed by the Union considering they are a major part of the Union?

Because we don't want to be part of your fucking Union and thousands of us died not to be.

>us
stop doing that you inbred fucking cringelord

was that supposed to be some kind of argument?

>Because we don't want to be part of your fucking Union and thousands of us died not to be.

That didn't seem to stop you from enthusiastically participating in all of the Unions bullshit.

Spooky

The Confederacy was correct.

>people

>tfw no Golden Circle
>tfw no Latinafus to take after Mexico's annexation

;_;

>tfw North America could've looked like this

Southern revisionism is on the same level of delusion as Holocaust denial

>M..muh Nazis

About what I expected from a shermanposter.

The prisoner exchanges were halted because the C*nfederates refused to treat colored Union soldiers in accordance with the laws of war.

The South literally made slaves of US soldiers and Kikefederate sympathizers will still defend this

>existential war
>laws

The confederacy had legal and constitutional justification for leaving the union, and the union set a rather frightening precedence stamping them out for it. Then again slavery is one of the worst things humans can do to one another and it should be fought against on all fronts, plus they fired the first shot by trying to take Sumter.

All in all the confederacy was justified, but doomed to fail while the union capitalized on having a higher moral ground by taking over the south militarily and economically.

I might just be based though because my family used to own land in Arkansas that was burned and confiscated by union forces as they passed.

>tfw looked up the old 36 acre plot my grandparents told me about and it is now a part of a 600+ acre property of a descendant of a union officer from Boston.

This makes my blood boil.

>Treating runaway slaves as pows

They didn't patrol ex-slaves but returned them to their masters from the beginning of the war. The union only raised the issue when they wanted to stop prisoner exchanges and then refused to even meet the Confederates to renegotiate new terms. Stopping prisoner exchanges was a intergal part of the union war strategy as it was helping the csa more than the union.

None of this matters when it comes to andersonville as the Confederates we're already offering to free prisoners if the union provided ships but Sherman ignored them because he thought caring for sick soldiers would slow him down.