Gold > btc

and the gold standard is still the superior standard

prove me wrong

protip: You literally can't

It's already worth less than BTC. The market speaks for itself.

Gold is real.
BTC is imaginary funny money.

Gold is as Real as BTC. Do you know why? The market says so. That's it. There are rarer things that gold that are not worth as much as gold. Do you know why? The market says so. That's it.

Your real argument would be limiting supply.

So, a crypocurrency token backed by physical gold.

I'm down. Until then, I'll just take both.

Go to bed Peter its past your beddy time. Don't want the nurse to get mad at you.

Where do i buy i feel like its in a djo

not an argument
this

>goldcoins

nope not getting scammed again pajeet

next you'll sell me silvercoins, coppercoins or papercoins

gold's only value was that it used to be a convenient means for kings to centralize wealth. That's it. its just a shiny rock. It's not even good as a store of value because more of it could be found at any time. Oh, a massive gold meteor hits the earth, guess what, now there's twice as much gold as there was before. Oh boy, what a good store of wealth. Oh, but the bible says its valuable so fuck it. Shiny rock is the best investment. Me buy shiny rock. Me hold shiny rock. Me never sell shiny rock because no want shiny rock, but it high price anyways. Me so smart, me so wealthy, me have shiny rock.

neck yourself.

>not an argument
not an argument

Pretty sure the chances that a gold meteor eats Earth are negligible.
But sure trust your useless Internet Monopoly Money more. You can buy drugs. And firearms. And more drugs!

>Oh, a massive gold meteor hits the earth, guess what, now there's twice as much gold as there was before

b-b-but muh whataboutism

Gold is tried and tested, it kept the world going for thousands of years.

Memecoin has never been tried, tested and proven succesful in a large scale.

>drop 20 good EMPs in appropriate places
oops no one has any money anymore

tooooo expensive transactions

You sound salty

>But sure trust your useless Internet Monopoly Money more.

not an argument

>You can buy drugs. And firearms. And more drugs!

Or anything that you can buy with a visa.

Say, what can you buy with your gold?

>Let me get a coffee
>okay sir, that'll be one tenth of a gram of 24 carrat gold
>sure, let me just flake you off some

>b-b-but muh whataboutism

>Whataboutism (also known as Whataboutery) is a form of defensive propaganda used to counter criticism (usually from "the West", and usually on blatant human rights abuses) with a "What about...?"—question vaguely, if at all, related to the original issue. It is a specialized red herring version of the tu quoque fallacy, sometimes implementing the balance fallacy as well. An old favorite of Communists (especially tankies),[1] the strategy originates from the Soviet era, and was usually used in the form of "And at your place, they hang black people".[2]

what the hell are you talking about? are you one of those retards who use phrases without knowing what they mean?

>Gold is tried and tested, it kept the world going for thousands of years.

Gold is increasingly irrelevant and was only valuable because it allows monarchs to centralize wealth supply. No different than diamonds fake value propped up by the marriage industry.

>Memecoin has never been tried, tested and proven successful in a large scale.

That's why we're gonna be rich. Well, not you, you're gonna have shiny rock that will be made completely worthless through technology.

>drop 20 good EMPs in appropriate places
>oops no one has any money anymore

>t. I don't understand blockchain technology

Enough EMPs to take out bitcoin completely would kill every human being on the planet. "lack of money" would be the least of our problems when we don't even have a means to produce and distribute food or purify water.

Oh, but I'm sure your shiny rock will keep you level then.

>what the hell are you talking about? are you one of those retards who use phrases without knowing what they mean?

>being this low-IQed

>Gold is increasingly irrelevant and was only valuable because it allows monarchs to centralize wealth supply. No different than diamonds fake value propped up by the marriage industry.
False, It worked just fine faaar before and after that

>That's why we're gonna be rich. Well, not you, you're gonna have shiny rock that will be made completely worthless through technology.
LMAO the delusion

>Enough EMPs to take out bitcoin completely would kill every human being on the planet. "lack of money" would be the least of our problems when we don't even have a means to produce and distribute food or purify water.
t. know-nothing bout war

One in your city and some in your country and bumpf, its gone for (you)

>want to move muh money to different locations
>literally pay $7,000 for an armored truck to carry my gold bars

Gold bars can be counterfeited.

I love gold, don't get me wrong, but there's a high chance of getting scammed when you buy it online. Blockchains don't have this problem.

>It's not even good as a store of value because more of it could be found at any time.

Gold has finite supply. Crypto has unlimited supply. You can easily increase a cryptocurrency's supply by any desired amount through code changes.

>can't
I could, but not with the current cryptocurrency infrastructure and inflation-plagued market.

At this point in time, you are right, simply because cryptos are still too vulnerable, too much subject to fees, too volatile, and still too slow.
The concept would already be there, and if implemented properly the digital gold would be >> than the real gold asset.
Yet, at this point, crypto is just pump&dump for drug lords, criminal organizations and lobbies.
This whole shit betrayed the foundation on which BTC was dreamed to be.

There's a high chance of getting scammed when you trade crypto online.

If you drop enough EMPs to actually wipe out crypto then you've basically destroyed the entire world at that point. If this is the scenario you want to prepare for then gold is 100% useless, you should be hoarding guns and building a bomb shelter.

The gold standard limits the amount of new money creation to sovereigns gold reserves. The gov can only expand the money supply by buying new gold, auiring it through conquest or with buy back schemes.

Yes your dollar is worth more but economic growth is severely limited. It's no wonder Adolf Hitler abandoned it and backed the Reich mark with labour.

If I'd bought gold in June, instead of btc, could I have traded it up 500x?

You fucking idiots. This is a /pol/fag baiting you.

>t. nocoiner

It's obvious you're governed by fear. I was like you and very skeptical of crypto, until I joined Gemini.

This is only going to get bigger. Buy some BTC or ETH and you'll understand. Don't even trade for alts, just hold in a wallet.

Gold doesn't work since you can't print anymore

>False, It worked just fine faaar before and after that

prove it

>LMAO the delusion

not an argument

>t. know-nothing bout war

wrong

>One in your city and some in your country and bumpf, its gone for (you)

also wrong. BTC can be held physically you numbnuts.

>BTC can be held physically you numbnuts.
and who will you trade your memecoins with without internet access?

Being fearful and not wanting to waste money in obvious scams are two different things. I've already invested in crypto and made some profit, but I don't see how crypto would be stable in the long term.

i like the cut of your jib m8.

yes, notice how fanboys of bitcoin all try to mimic the appearance of gold.

also, when people *need* to cash out of bitcoin for whatever reason, one major way to do so is...buying gold.

yea yea, btc has gone up much higher and has yielded massive ROI for those who got in at good entry points and held.

but the gold standard is still gold. at the end of the day even btc fans are wetting themselves because their btc has skyrocketed in value in FIAT terms...

>Gold has finite supply.

Gold supply is so high that its effectively infinite.

> Crypto has unlimited supply.

wrong

>You can easily

wrong

> increase a cryptocurrency's supply by any desired amount through code changes

whoa you used the word code; you're smart. can I buy some shiny rock from you?

wrong

yeah the pawn shops got you bro

Not an argument.

whose gonna buy your shiny rock when they're starving? the whole point is that its a store of wealth that will last the crisis not that I'll buy shit with it. Unless you're so retarded you think we're gonna use your stupid Glenn Beck Good Goy Coins(tm) as currency.

>also, when people *need* to cash out of bitcoin for whatever reason, one major way to do so is...buying gold.

but the non-retarded way is BTC ATMs or just buying shit directly with your bitcoin.

not an argument.

already used bro, people actually know gold works, and they accept it

now memecoin? they'd rather be paid in canadian tire money

>btc atms
>not affected by EMPs

wew lad

>BTC ATMs

These charge very high fees.

>buying shit directly with your bitcoin.

No one ever accepts BTC directly as payment. They're always converted back into fiat.

>starving to death in post-apocalyptic wasteland
>a can of beans??
>hold on let me just transfer you .0001 bitcoin

I know your trolling but if you keep saying this bullshit on biz I'll have you banned

this

same reason garbage shit penny stocks have value

but btc only as several billion market cap, where gold is few trillion.

gold is far more valuable

if the sun has a massive solar flare, and its like an EMT, all electronics wiped out, NO1 gives two fucks about your bitcoin,,

but my physical gold bars and rounds, my silver bars and bullion are valuable

this, at least I can melt my gold and make tools

Geeze, the gold guy actually stayed in his convo for once. Im totally down for gold, for obvious reasons - including you can standard it to BTC nowadays at your local gold exchange/pawn.

Gold you can use to look dope

BTC you can't even use to look like anything

Team gold here

look at these - beautiful

This.

Even b*tcoins symbol imitates beautiful Gold

I sense a vein of high-grade salt near the surface here. Someone should mine it.

I want some of those.

but but but muh computuers!

>golds only value was as money
Neck yourself faggot
>doesn't oxidise
>great heat shield
>great conductor
>easily applied in thin sheets making applications wider
>medically inert and non alerginic
>used as fillings for a millennia

the reason gold is valuable is because it is the material that is most resistant to entropy in physics.

Only when the internet is as ubiquitous as physics can crypto be as safe

And it's pretty.

weird coincidence that humans find gold subjectively pleasing or evolutionary trait?

What happens when we start mining gold in space?

digix?

>niggers can steal your gold
>niggers too dumb to steal your bitcoins

at some point in your lifetime, user, the gold price will briefly go insane. The worst you will do by holding gold is protect your wealth from inflation.
Gold has thousands of years history as a store of wealth, crptos have 5 minutes.

price will reach equilibrium with the distribution of space gold. If space gold is more scarce than earth crust gold; then not much at all.

unless we can lower the cost of mining in fucking space it will still be expensive as fuck.

space gold is the second last supply frontier, the last being the ability to make gold

THE CHINESE WHALES ARE DUMPING GOLD
BUY BUY BUY!

>and the gold standard is still the superior standard
A company could secretly mine an asteroid and crash the world economy

A spacecraft that could reach out tens of millions of miles, land on an asteroid, collect a few kilos of space dirt, take back off and return safely to Earth would cost as much as an aircraft carrier.

All to get a few micrograms of gold if you're unbelievably lucky enough to get good quality ore.

Where can I invest in this can't lose venture?

Only an idiot doesnt own a third of his wealth in physical metals.

Crypto + Physical wealth backing it up is the way of the future.

Gold 3x overpriced now.