bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake
cryptowatch.de/gdax/ethusd/1h
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you seriously expect to go much farther? lol
eth isn't bitcoin. get over it.

31bn marketcap. Why isn't it mooning?

they keep the price down

its a doodie coin and not a pee pee coin

Any details on PoS? Like what's the ROI and how many would coins to make it worthwhile?

It's not decided yet
but I guess it will require at least 10K worth of Ether
basically it will make early adopters a lot more comfy because they will have steady income on daily basis

Heard rumors that Ether pools will be made for POS, like POW is now. But POS will be implemented gradually, 1% POS and 99% POW first.

>but I guess it will require at least 10K worth of Ether

10'000 ETH?

WTF

That is like over 3 million in USD.

Fucking shit.

> miner reward reduction
well if you considered the difficulty bomb and delay it is a net increase.

Also there is a new class of investors on the playing field (Big-ICOs) who are natural sellers of ETH, which should dampen the rallies.

imagine if BTC changes its PoW because of the Bcash fued, and they change it to... Ethash.

Pretty sure he means ten thousand dollars worth of ETH.

Eth is litteraly internet 2.0, if you don't see overtaking bitcoin ( a technology far inferior to MONERO) you are blind

Why isn't it mooning. Why. WHY.

Too far away and there's other cryptos with large news closer that are pumping first, ETH will rise in a couple weeks or so. I'm not expecting anything crazy though, just for it to go above .1 again.

why would it be based on dollars

Like?

Nothing seems to be pumping atm

wait for metropolis.

Here it comes!

smart money is taking its profits with XMR and lisk and moving to ETH at this very moment

What makes you think it's not priced in already?

currently it's 1000 eth
vitalik has said he wants that down to 30 and there will be pools so even if you have three you can still stake

ROI is a real big wildcard based on how many people wish to stake

I don't know if it will ever be that. However, ICOs for erc20 tokens could be all that ETH needs, and it's doing that right now.

because it's not for months/years
they have a POC on python that hasn't been released, long way away from working

because it's a scamcoin full of bugs

yo boys, how does PoS system works?

Where do they take power to support blockchain?

Users that take part in the security of PoS blockchain are required to demonstrate possesion of a certain amount of coins (having a stake).
The idea behind it is that acquiring large amounts of coins is relatively difficult which can be compared to buying mining devices, the process of mining itself, energy costs etc.

Alright.
Where do new blocks come from?

Nodes create blocks, which doesn't require a lot of computing power at all.
You can for example run a $5 server, store your wallet on the server and run a node.

bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake

PoS is like thinking George Soros will do the best for us because he is the most wealthy one.

Thank you)

What site is this user? I'm tired of bittrex shitty charts.

??? The wealthy dominate everything regardless of whether it's PoW or PoS. I'm not dirt poor but i'm not rich enough to buy and set up GPUs just for a mining rig. At least I can contribute my small amount of ETH to a staking pool.

cryptowatch.de/gdax/ethusd/1h

how do i even read this

eth doesn't really moon, it just slowly crawls up over long periods of time. regardless its a moon after a 365 day period, when your money is worth double what it was before anyways