Wtf i hate sparta now

>Once a year we declare war on and mass murder slaves just to be dicks lol
What the fuck was their problem

Weak ath*nian found

Gotta kill something

There are people who still don't know this shit? Spartans were the ultimate assholes. Anyone who knew the least bit of Greek history was chuckling at the 300 film and its Braveheart tier freedom speeches.

It's just a prank bro lighten up haha just b urself :)

What do you find offensive?

The source for the yearly declaration of war was written many centuries after the fact. Aristotle was cited as a source, but no such quote is contained in his surviving works.

Is it wrong to take out the undesirables

people that don't really contribute to the future or tribe?

should i feel sorry for the homeless, disabled and kids from Syria.......

Or could i just sit here working on my Guns, swords and skills so that when the victor come out on top ill be ready for his old fashion Brutality against my new fashion Brutality.

Don't try to tell me its wrong i i should have morals.... my morals are for the genetically blessed for they are our future!

There's barely any source about Sparta, this could be total bs.

Except they targeted the cream of the crop.

Gotta keep the slave population in check else they outnumber the spartans and overthrow them. Spartans didnt actually do alot of wars abroad because they constantly feared slave revolts if their armies were away.

Actual Spartiates were minority in their own country. This is how they prevented any possible uprisings.

But yeah i agree Spartans were just assholes. Their staunch morality is a meme, in reality they were corrupt shitheads who loved money more than anything. Read on any Spartan that went abroad, commanders, diplomats and such. they're all self-indulgent and only interested in material gain.

Helots rose up almost yearly. I really doubt Spartans "declared war" on their property.

>people that don't really contribute to the future or tribe?

They were killing the farmers and workers that are keeping their nation running. They were more of use than those murderous teens. Even from an amoral practical view that would be extremely retarded.

Most things we "know" about the classical world barely have any sources and could be total bs.

test

And what we know about Sparta comes from their neighbours, on which we have sparse sources...

Need to maintain the air of oppression over the helots so they can focus on the art of war instead of labyrinth themselves. There is a practical reason, you're just unable to identify it.

Read Herodotus, Plutarch's Lycurgus, and Thucydides

Sparse, but considering that Thucydides pursued truth in his accounts of the Pelloponesian war, we can trust him. The comic book writer is obviously appealing to our modern sense of morals. It was an objective truth in the Greek world that some people were not free and could be used as a means to an end. Today we hold the truth to be self evident that all men are equal and that it is wrong to murder blah blah blah

there has to be more to life

this 2bh

>people that don't really contribute to the future or tribe?

He says, in regard to the people who did the actual work

t. Anonymous poster from Veeky Forums.

>They were killing the farmers and workers that are keeping their nation running. They were more of use than those murderous teens. Even from an amoral practical view that would be extremely retarded.

If the slaves weren't terrified into submission, they would just leave and go get a job where they're actually paid.

Then the Spartans would have no farmers and workers.

Sparta is ALPHA

Bullshit.

lmao this cringy fedora-ass post

>t.undisirable

Childhood is idolising the Spartans
Adulthood is realising the Persians make more sense

Read some actual history faggot. Athens are the antagonists in Greek history. Athens were the ones subjugating greece after the Persian invasions, it is Sparta who stopped them out of literally their own good hearts and fear for the Athenian power.

Read the actual speeches (thucydides translations) from Archidamus II, you've got no actual idea what you are talking about. Read how the representatives from Athens treat the Spartans, how the Corinthians address them, how their enemies treat them in address when they are not even around.

The Helots were their slaves. You can do what you want, and Athens did a lot worse.

t. Athenian who jerks his baby dick to a virgin tranny

>p*rsians
Woah there buddy, let's not get carried away there.

their problem was that the other greeks were turbo pussies.

>Read on any Spartan that went abroad, commanders, diplomats and such. they're all self-indulgent and only interested in material gain.

As was the case with almost any Greek of the time, are you forgetting Themistocles defected to the Persians? The Spartans actually attempted to avoid sending out delegates to avoid this corruption they knew they were vulnerable to.

you can disagree with me as much as you want and tell me how they need their farmers blah blah blah

Sparta would make its own farms if it had to but they don't, Sparta will do whatever they deem necessary to strive for their greater good!

Might is Right, Strong Survive, Nature it your mother!

>Sparta would make its own farms if it had to but they don't
'no'. Very little of ancient Greece was actually arable. They had a million colonies because they needed them to survive as a whole.

(Note) i understand there is more to Sparta then i can jot down here......

but this guy gets it>

Why would you kill your own slaves? I mean this seems pretty needless. I need proofs.

lol, look at all these losers defending this shit, just like Slavs who become neo-nazis

well there you go so killing some farmers wasn't such a big deal ;)

I am not saying it was, I am saying you are wrong when you are saying the Spartans could have made some farms. That's not how it worked.

Making farms involved sending out colonists, usually thousands of them.

But the Athenians were slave owning shits too?

i didn't say the Spartans would farm on their own lands

Edgy
Now go to bed, kiddo

Thucydides did not mention the Spartan the declaration of war, or even the Krypteia.

He's also going to far. Any Spartan? Fine, Brasidas. Fine, Agesilaus. user btfo.

I find it amusing that during the Hellenistic period those that had been Sparta's bitch were at that point the most powerful people in Greece.