Why don't Christians call him Yahweh...

Why don't Christians call him Yahweh? They've memed everybody and into thinking their god Yahweh is actually called "God" like the word isn't Germanic in origin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8kNJxuBCM9k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only germanic speakers use the germanic word.

He has a lot of names in the Torah, not just Yahweh

Names are to differentiate things.
Since there is only one true god you just call him god/the equivalent in your native language

Ya they don't sound anything like "Yahweh" tho
Why do only Jews do that?

Why does it matter? He's also called a bunch of names like god, lord, etc in Hebrew too

Allah.

YOU ARE REFERRING TO JUDEOCHRISTIANS, NOT TO CHRISTIANS; JUDEOCHRISTIANS WORSHIP YHWH, AS JEWS DO; CHRISTIANS WORSHIP GOD.

Name some Judeochristian sects, and name some Christian ones, and then explain what criteria differentiates them.

please die

Kill yourself

In the Greek New Testament and the Septuagint Old Testament used by diaspora Greek speaking Jews He is named Theos. Which was translated to Deus in Latin.

These people are more interested in kikery so I doubt they'll care.

>Name some Judeochristian sects...

— CATHOLICISM.

— ORTHODOXY.

— PROTESTANTISM.

— LUTHERANISM.

— EVANGELICALISM.

— MORMONISM.

— JEHOVAH WITNESSES.

>...and name some Christian ones...

CHRISTIANITY IS A HOLISTIC DOCTRINE, THEREFORE, IT DOES NOT HAVE SECTS, BUT SUBDENOMINATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE:

— ARIANISM.

— CATHARISM.

— MANICHAEISM.

>... and then explain what criteria differentiates them.

1. CHRISITANITY IS INTRINSICALLY GNOSTIC; JUDEOCHRISTIANITY IS AGNOSTIC —"AGNOSTIC" MEANS IGNORANT (OF GOD), OR UNBELIEVING (IN GOD), NOT "SKEPTICAL".

2. GOD IS THE BEST AND GREATEST DEITY OF CHRISTIANITY; GOD IS THE FIRST BEING, SOURCE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS, AND COMPREHENDING WHAT IS NOT; YHWH/SATAN IS THE MAIN DEITY OF JUDEOCHRISTIANITY, IN SOME DENOMINATIONS, IT IS WORSHIPED ALONG WITH IALDABAOTH, WITH WHOM YHWH/SATAN IS CONFLATED; YHWH/SATAN IS A DJINNI/DEMON.

3. CHRISTIANITY IS A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE; JUDEOCHRISTIANITY IS A RELIGION.

Theos isnt a name, its a title

His personal name is still some variation of the tetragrammanon

Because Jews think you shouldn't pronounce the name of God. Oddly enough, Samaritans still do it and they still refer to Him as YHWH. This is why Jews refer to God as Hashem (the name).

Yahweh = Yaldabaoth
God = Father. It's not complicated OP.

That would also make Christianity, as you conceive it, a dead religion since there is no authentic transmission of the teaching of those "subdenominations" or any initiatic chain that can link up with them (unless you know some super sekrit clubs). There are other "non-Christian" forms of Gnosis, like in Illuminationist Shi'a Islam and such.

>Yaldabaoth
is he the final boss

pic related is what came up when i googled him

He is the god of the Jews. Jesus taught about the true God (The Father).

>That would also make Christianity, as you conceive it, a dead religion...

CHRISTIANITY IS A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, NOT A RELIGION.

>... since there is no authentic transmission of the teaching of those "subdenominations" or any initiatic chain that can link up with them....

1. CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES ARE AVAILABLE BOTH, OFFLINE, AND ONLINE, TO EVERYONE.

2. UNLIKE RELIGIONS, SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE NOT DEPENDENT ON FORMALISTIC "TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION", NOR ON FORMAL RITES OF INITIATION —SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE GNOSTIC, THEREFORE, MAINLY INDIVIDUAL, AND DEPENDENT ON THE PERSON'S OWN CAPABILITY TO APPREHEND, UNDERSTAND, AND COMPREHEND, ETERNAL KNOWLEDGE.

>There are other "non-Christian" forms of Gnosis...

AND?

>CHRISTIANITY IS A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, NOT A RELIGION.
my bad, poor word choice on my part. it's a dead spiritual doctrine then.
>CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES ARE AVAILABLE BOTH, OFFLINE, AND ONLINE, TO EVERYONE.
The scriptures of most traditions, and this one not excepted, represent a very small portion of their knowledge compared to oral transmission
>UNLIKE RELIGIONS, SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE NOT DEPENDENT ON FORMALISTIC "TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION"
It's not only a matter of transmitting information, though this has its part as well, but of transmitting a spiritual influence from generation to generation.
>SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE GNOSTIC, THEREFORE, MAINLY INDIVIDUAL, AND DEPENDENT ON THE PERSON'S OWN CAPABILITY TO APPREHEND
Gnosis doesn't refer to rational knowledge, it refers to intellectual knowledge (not the same). It cannot be reached easily, since most people today do not even know what the intellect is, nor have they ever made use of it. for this a spiritual initiation and instruction under the guidance of "one who knows" is necessary. scripture is not sufficient.
>AND?
And those are not dead, but still living spiritual doctrines/traditions.

>>CHRISTIANITY IS A SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE, NOT A RELIGION.
>my bad, poor word choice on my part. it's a dead spiritual doctrine then.

YES, VIRTUALLY; IT ONLY SUBSISTS IN FEW INDIVIDUALS AROUND THE WORLD.

>>CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES ARE AVAILABLE BOTH, OFFLINE, AND ONLINE, TO EVERYONE.
>The scriptures of most traditions, and this one not excepted, represent a very small portion of their knowledge compared to oral transmission

AND?

>>UNLIKE RELIGIONS, SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE NOT DEPENDENT ON FORMALISTIC "TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION"
>It's not only a matter of transmitting information, though this has its part as well, but of transmitting a spiritual influence from generation to generation.

SPIRITUAL INFLUENCE IS INTRINSIC AND INDIVIDUAL, AND RECOGNIZED BY THE INDIVIDUAL, NOT TRANSMITTED BY OTHER PERSONS VIA AN ETHICONORMATIVE SYSTEM TO PEOPLE IN GENERAL.

>>SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE GNOSTIC, THEREFORE, MAINLY INDIVIDUAL, AND DEPENDENT ON THE PERSON'S OWN CAPABILITY TO APPREHEND, UNDERSTAND, AND COMPREHEND, ETERNAL KNOWLEDGE.
>Gnosis doesn't refer to rational knowledge, it refers to intellectual knowledge (not the same).

WHEN DID I EQUATE GNOSIS WITH RATIONAL KNOWLEDGE?

>It cannot be reached easily, since most people today do not even know what the intellect is, nor have they ever made use of it. for this a spiritual initiation and instruction under the guidance of "one who knows" is necessary.

THE CAPABILITY FOR ACHIEVING GNOSIS IS NOT A SKILL, BUT A TALENT; IT IS NOT LEARNED, NOR TAUGHT, BUT RECOGNIZED, AND PERFECTED.

>scripture is not sufficient.

WHEN DID I CLAIM THAT GNOSIS IS ACHIEVED VIA SCRIPTURE?

>>AND?
>And those are not dead, but still living spiritual doctrines/traditions.

1. "DOCTRINE", AND "TRADITION", ARE NOT MUTUALLY SYNONYMOUS.

2. TO WHICH "NOT DEAD AND STILL LIVING" SPIRITUAL DOCTRINES ARE YOU REFERRING?

>Catharism
I don't think you know much about it

Christ tells us to call him Father.
Anything else is a jewish lie. Damn them for crucifying our messiah.

>The scriptures of most traditions, and this one not excepted, represent a very small portion of their knowledge compared to oral transmission
The point of Gnosis is spontaneous spiritual knowledge from the heavens so you don't really need oral transmissions if you do it right. You just need to do it right.

>Damn them for crucifying our messiah.
wait I thought that was all part of the plan
did the jesus have to die or not
i know you guys hate jews but blaming them for absolving all your sins seems a little counterintuitive

Because Yahwei is Hebrew and they try really hard to ignore the fact that they're following a religion cooked up for them by the Jews.

>Gnosis is spontaneous spiritual knowledge from the heavens

seems like a gimick
wanna bet that Gnostic A throws a fit when Gnostic B claims revelation that is different from their own gnostic revelation

this

YHWH is considered the ineffable name by the Jews which is why they substituted it with Adonai and Ha-shem and why theophoric names such as Yehoshua were shortened to Yeshua in order to avoid pronouncing it. Only the high priest was allowed to say it on special occasions like once a year or during some grave catastrophe. Still Jehovah has been used a lot. The Greeks transcribed the tetragrammaton as IAO (IAΩ). Rotherham's Emphasised Bible uses Yahweh.

>seems like a gimick [SIC][.]

I DOUBT THAT YOU KNOW WHAT A GIMMICK IS.

>wanna bet that Gnostic A throws a fit when Gnostic B claims revelation that is different from their own gnostic revelation

THAT IS UNLIKELY TO OCCUR, BECAUSE IMMEDIATELY APPREHENDED KNOWLEDGE IS LESS PRONE TO VARIANCE DUE TO MEDIATION, THUS, GNOSTIC INDIVIDUALS TEND TO CONCUR RATHER THAN TO DIFFER —TRUTH IS ONE; CONVERSELY, WHAT YOU DESCRIBED IS WHAT OCCURS ALL THE TIME WITH RELIGIONS, AND FORMAL SCRIPTURES, HENCE, THE MULTIPLE SECTS.

Yahweh is a desert jinn addicted to human foreskin and an entirely different being from God the father.

God is what we call Him, among other names. God is not YHWH.

Well Jesus (Yeshua i.e Yehoshua) did cry out for El which is translated as God.

EL IS NOT YHWH.

I dunno Jews kind of refer to him as such. This notion of El and YHWH being different comes from Gnostic circles. Last decade it was Jesus is YayZeus and Yahweh is the real name of God. Now it's the whole demiurge drivel.

>I dunno [SIC]...

AT LEAST YOU ADMIT IT.

>The son of God's name means YHWH Saves
On the inverse it could be interpreted as Salvation From I AM.

1. THAT REPLY IS NONSEQUITURIAL.

2. "JESUS" LITERALLY MEANS "HAND THAT DESTROYS ESTABLISHMENT OF EYE".

How about a Buddhist interpretation of Salvation From I AM as in Liberation From the Self.

It means alot more than that user...... Alot more than that.

>Well Jesus (Yeshua i.e Yehoshua) did cry out for El which is translated as God.

Jesus also repeatedly stated Moses is a false prophet, the Jews worship the devil, and he is an agent of God, but the Scribes and Pharisees aren't.

Jesus' crime was loving God more than he loved mass murder for their psycho-killer book.

>Anything else is a jewish lie. Damn them for crucifying our messiah.

If a Son of God showed up today, you'd just ignore him or try to kill him again. We're pretty demanding - we tell people what to do like we're agents of God and that tends to make all the phonies mad.

youtube.com/watch?v=8kNJxuBCM9k

They do, you can find the Tetragrammaton on churches. God is the translation of El.