Officially a Yuropoor now

So I just moved to Ireland from Boston. I started lurking this board a couple months ago and I didn't want to start trading until I got over here. This is because I wanted time to learn about trading and I didn't want to risk losing money during the move.
So, can any other Europeans (specifically Irish) tell me what websites/exchanges you use for crypto and stocks. I don't think robinhood is over here yet and idk about poloniex or bittrex. Advice would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/brexit-a-dozen-london-firms-banks-moving-to-dublin-ida-says-1.3138874?mode=amp#ampshare=https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/brexit-a-dozen-london-firms-banks-moving-to-dublin-ida-says-1.3138874
bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-and-swissquote-partner/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Ireland
but why

South Boston is like Ireland but better. why move?

College here is way cheaper and there's a ton of opportunity for me here. Whole family is in law and even if I change my mind I can master in finance because after brexit every major financial firm in London is moving to Dublin.

South Boston is getting yuppified. Too many snotty little shit rich kids now. But for reasoning

>implying brexit will happen
Sure thing kiddo

Lol, are you an assblasted germancuck?

Op here. Pls help

>Ireland
>95% white
>Boston
>62% white

Bitfinex just pulled out of the U.S. market.

3.3x margin trading. I like it. Im going to keep trading here as a U.S. citizen tho...just using a vpn. going to move all my money to monero and leave the country some day.

Eurofag here

Kraken is the best exchange I found to convert fiat to ETH BTC ...
0 fee with SEPA

Then send your ETH to your wallet, you are now free to use literally every exchange you want, from etherdelta to Bittrex

Thanks user

i wouldn't trust kraken. Go with bitstamp, they are the only one regulated in europe.

>Every major financial firm in London will move to Dublin

Good to see you thought your move through mate

>Can't remember very recent history
Is this a symptom of PTSD?

Wow! You probably won't make it OP.

Try teaching English in Ireland maybe? or be a pimp and sell slots.

Bump. I'm new to crypto as well and I live in the UK. Best way to get started?

You in trinity OP?

Kraken has been fine to me so far.
Just get your coins OUT into an offline wallet if you're using an online exchange.

Learned that from dealing with Russia......

Yes. You?

Read user.
google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/brexit-a-dozen-london-firms-banks-moving-to-dublin-ida-says-1.3138874?mode=amp#ampshare=https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/brexit-a-dozen-london-firms-banks-moving-to-dublin-ida-says-1.3138874

Plus I said the finance route was a fallback anyway.

there is a reason swiss banks that deal with btc do business with bitstamp and not kraken.
bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-and-swissquote-partner/

Irish here. Use Bitstamp. Deposits are very quick, the service is reliable and the authentication is quick. Kraken isn't as good because the waiting times are a shit for starting an account, and SEPA deposits always take longer. (Also, from a bot I made, I found that Kraken's prices are always a lot higher than Bitstamped due to less trade volume. Buy in Bitstamp, sell in Bitstamp I suppose. Difference isn't that big though.

Also, on Upper Abbey Street (just off O'Connel Street) there's a shop called GSM, and they started accepting Bitcoin payments in 2014, and they seem to be running/setting up an Irish exchange for Bitcoin. I went there once to inquire about mining and some old bitch behind the counter flatly told me no so I left. The lads there are sound though, just the woman.

If you've lurked this board, you should know right well to not go for stocks. Cryptocurrencies are a very young market and a lot of delicious gains are going to be made in it. Why settle for 2% growth when you can have 50, right? I've made over 100% in one month with cryptos. Stocks are for boomers. Let those faggots have their measly """gains"""

Can confirm OP this is how I've been doing it as well, kraken is pretty good.

Loving your pic unrelated user and thanks for the advice. I'll look into that shop.

Bitstamp's SEPA deposits are better, from my personal experience anyways. My first ever deposit was €50 with Kraken to test the waters. Fucking had a big mess-up. Took weeks to get through. The only other deposit I did with Kraken took about 3 days. With Bitstamp it was in my account within 24 hours

Kraken is based in USA. Bitstamp in Europe, so yeah..

I never said it was the best.
I use Kraken because I'm an Amerifag and the legal precautions I have to go through to get other exchanges like Bitstamp to actually trade with me at all or even do certain things on the ones I do have access to piss me the fuck off and I'm too lazy to do them any way.
Also I'd have to go to the DMV because of a change in address I never... I fucking hate my life.

bittrex is fine for crypto

enjoy your 0,01 btc withdrawal fee.

Enjoy your tax free crypto gains now!

Norway here

Is the consensus Bitstamp? I'm using coinbase and they're fucking my ass with that 1,5%. It sounds really promising if swiss banks use bitstamp.

I'm yuropoor and I use Kraken. Sepa transfers are credited the next day. It also has the XMR/EUR pair.

If you don't care about monero, use bitstamp. Kraken is a laggy piece of shit.

Is it tax free here? Explain.

Its never tax free for you if you're a US citizen

Bitstamp seems fine even though they pretty much hate America.

Really OP, any coin is fine just so long as you determine you can get BTC onto it and off of it.
Keeping your coin in an online exchange is stupid. Get an offline wallet, find out which exchanges you can get coin on and off of at least once without them hacking you or fucking you over in some way after only a few transactions, hedge and complete your immediate bets, then when it comes time to hold, get your coins out.
Ideally, you want to find a way to profit from multiple exchanges, granted that's not as easy now.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

You seriously think I'm going to file with the IRS from over here? I know a few Americans who lived over here and didn't bother with it and they never had any trouble.

Same here

>IRS problems
If its not tax-free, you're not doing it right.
IRS doesn't care about small fry. Once you get enough to really be an issue with them, you'll have enough money to hire someone any way.

Last time I checked it was tax free for aliens on capital gains (no capital gains tax). Also since you are a USA citizen you must pay tax over 100k. All 100k per year is tax free but apparently you still have to submit a tax return. Weird shit.
But since your family is in law they can look into it.I might be lying to you but like I said, last time I checked it was not taxed