Discuss this

discuss this

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/history/comments/6snjaa/200000_men_from_the_qin_army_were_killed_at_the/dle74up/
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?733453-The-Rise-of-Ming-and-the-Conquest-of-China
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No
>inb4 258 replies and 64 images omitted

>not even trying to make the bait subtle anymore by fabricating parameters or just sloppily writing an ill-informed opinion to incense people

no

the chinese crossbow could penetrate the scutum. the research has been done. anyone who denies china would win is a stupid /pol/fag

/thread

ROMA WOULD HUMILIATE THE EASTERN PEASANTS

What are you talking about? OP literally posted just a picture of a scenario and said "discuss this."

Am I missing something?

>this scares the han untermenschen

>Western perfection vs rice mongerers

lmfao i love how triggered both parties get in these threads

The exact same question with the exact same OP pic has been repeatedly asked on Veeky Forums. Everytime it runs the same: discussion of relevant historical topics, general consensus of Han having the edge in logistics and military power, and finally devolving into /pol/ tier race baiting.

Unironically it is just this. Most of the time the Han would win, except under some specific circumnstances.
Regardless they were both fairly even, a few posts later the race war begins
I apologise for my earlier roman shitposting

bump

china

burp

reddit.com/r/history/comments/6snjaa/200000_men_from_the_qin_army_were_killed_at_the/dle74up/

why do cumskins get so triggered by china?

>To add on to this, all the legions of this Roman Empire - a war machine that would not be matched for another 1000 years, only totaled to about 400,000 men spread across the whole empire

lmfao i love the fucking subtle butthurt here

>What are auxilia

>pulling data from your arse
fag what are these figures

Why would they even fight? Roma x Han Chao are OTP

There has GOT to be a picture of Roma-chan and Han-chan as cute anime girls holding hands SOMEWHERE

Just like the chinese nowadays, the romans were very good at copying stuff from other cultures. So how long would it take until they made their own crossbows?

GAIVS JVLIVS CAESAR

TRAITOR TO THE SENATE AND THE PEOPLE

I'm Asianand I support Rome.

Roma pls obliterate the chink bully.

t. Kim

t. jungle asian

>Rome conquers Persia, Northern India and the Arabian peninsula, in the late 2nd century, because they have a Roman Emperor who is Alexander-tier

>China gets pissed so they declare war on Rome.

>Rome has no way to transport troops that far and a fuckhuge desert separates them. Eventually they abandon their conquered territories after a few decades because of rebellious native populace and China vassalizes N.India .

>Han China wins

And this is assuming there are no civil wars in Rome, no uprisings etc, no attacks from Germanic tribes etc. There is just no way to reach China and fight them.

>using statistic derived from two separate methodologies
The Han estimate is based on the assumption that there was no more than 49 iron officers, that each iron office had no subsidiary sites and that an iron office was limited to one blast furnace with an output of 100tons.
Archaeology has shown that the number of iron recorded in the Book of Han is untenable and that larger iron offices have multiple furnaces with an output of several hundred tons.

The Roman estimate is deriving a random number(1.5kg per capita) and extrapolating that number on the entire Roman population. . .

chinks vs meds
The women would just submit to the superior italian cock and also abandon the inferior noodles for the superior pasta.

To add on to this copypasta.

The theoretical output of Western Han iron production takes the number of iron offices within the Book of Han at face value while arbitrarily assigning an output of 100 tons per iron site(49 total,rounded up to 50).

Archaeological studies have shown that the number of iron offices exceed 49(over 100 in the Eastern Han!) while the largest iron offices often have subsidiary sites with multiple blast furnaces. Furthermore,even the author of the estimate acknowledges that individual blast furnaces produced several hundred tons.
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?733453-The-Rise-of-Ming-and-the-Conquest-of-China

Romans were like 5'6, chinks were 5'0

Romans. The Hans would just eat each other during a siege.

The Han dynasty couldn't conquer Vietnam, couldn't conquer Korea, had an extremely hard time beating the barbarians to the north and couldn't even take any territory out of them. The Xiongnu war in particular left China so devastated that Emperor Wu had to apologize to his people.

Meanwhile the Roman Empire conquered Britannia, Gaul, Carthage, Macedon, Pontus, Epirus, Illyria, Egypt, Numidia, Dacia, the Iberian tribes, the Etruscans, the Samnitesdestroyed the Seleucid Empire, destroyed the Parthian Empire. And it held onto most of these territories for longer than the Han dynasty even existed.

So you tell me who would have won in such a war - a nation that has barely any military accomplishments besides some extremely exaggerated troop numbers in battles thrown around or a nation that literally conquered almost every civilized state in the matter of 200 years... Not a hard choice.

Han peasants from Zhengzhou were 170cm on average.

>The Han dynasty couldn't conquer Vietnam, couldn't conquer Korea
Nan Yue and Gojoseon ring a bell? Even these polities a Sinitic speaking elite and a native underclass.

>had an extremely hard time beating the barbarians to the north and couldn't even take any territory out of them.
Why would the Han bother with administrative control of arid steppes if the Southern Xiongnu were willing vassals?

>And it held onto most of these territories for longer than the Han dynasty even existed.
Internally,the Han triumphed over 17 other feudal states,crushed a uprising of eastern principalities,subjugated the various Yue and Man barbarians as far as Vietnam,fought the nomadic Qiang,Wuhuan,Xiongu etc.,trampled over Gojoseon and established hegemony over the Tarim basin.

>the Xiongnu could penetrate the Han's northern border. the research has been done. anyone who denies china would lose is a stupid /pol/fag