I'm an Assbaby. Explain to me why some people idolize the Wehrmacht but not necessarily the Nazi state

I'm an Assbaby. Explain to me why some people idolize the Wehrmacht but not necessarily the Nazi state.

The Wehrmacht were an extremely effective fighting force, often inflicting heavy casualties while holding their own (slight exception to US and British).

Because they're taken in by Nazi propaganda but don't want to admit to it so they focus on the military and not the ideology.

Also German uniforms and equipment have a cool aesthetic.

Becuase people read the false K:D ratios of the eastern front and think the Whermacht was some ubermensch killing machine. The Clean Whermacht Myth certainly helps as well.

This, the western front was basically shooting fish in a barrel for the allies, but the fish were german columns.

ah yes nothing says effective fighting force like murdering innocent civilians

G*rmans did relatively well for themselves
it has the senses of them vs the whole world shit going on with Germans inflicting devastating victory such as Poland,France & Low Countries and the earlier days or Barbarossa
its highly overrated though
Revolutionary France and Napoleon did it far better and at a worse circumstance

this.
>During the Battle of St. Vith in the Battle of the Bulge, an M8 of Troop B, 87th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron was able to destroy a German Tiger heavy tank after getting in behind one on the Schonberg Road, though the commander tried to traverse his turret to engage the M8. The M8 fired three 37 mm rounds through the relatively thin rear armor of the Tiger from only 25 yd (23 m), setting it on fire. There was a muffled explosion, followed by flames which billowed out of the turret and engine port.[4][5]

Because the whole world fears the powerful, intellectual, handsome Nazi master race, even if you don't agree that Hitler did nothing wrong. You simply cannot refute this.

cool aesthetic
german tanks look good
american and british tanks looks shit

If you just look at deaths then Germany would seem to be in a very favorable position against the Soviet Union's massive casualties, even after the winter counterattacks. But there were other losses in wounded, materiel, horses, and fuel, that were just as important, if not more, than deaths.

There's a number of factors as to why the Wehrmacht is popular among some people, ranging from the fashion of Wehrmacht uniforms to their reputation during the war and subsequent prominence in media.

Also it should be noted that the Wehrmacht was at odds with Hitler and the Nazi party such as with operation Valkyrie, which makes them seem noble.

>I'm an Assbaby
a what?

>when Luxembourg kicks your ass
wtf I love Luxembourg now

They had some terrific and terrifying generals. The British and French had some theories about mobile warfare, but their militaries never adopted it as doctrine. The Wehrmacht took those foundations and reached a doctrine. Guderian would be the prime example of this.

st. vith was attacked by the 116th panzer division and 2 volksgrenadier divisions, no schwere panzer battallion was present in the area

I would say the arch of events cause people to idolize them. They conquered a lot of land, then faught against terrible odds. The generals, equipment and aesthetic are all pretty cool too.

A child conceived via the cum dripping out of the anus and into the vagina following anal sex.

Because
MUH KAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY DEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>but there were other losses in wounded, materiel, horses, and fuel, that were just as important, if not more, than deaths.
This, the USSR peaked in strength in 1943, while Germany starting dropping off, the USSR more-or-less maintained its strength rather than becoming stronger.

Effective yes, they fought well.
However, combat death ratio was 1.3-1 in Axis favour, on Eastern Front. Rest are butchered POWs and civilians. Funny how people never heard about 3 million Soviet POWs who were exterminated.

This. Permanent losses for Germany in the Eastern front was 10 million. Permanent losses for USSR in the Eastern front was 14 million.

The British Army agrees.

I don't think that's possible.

I kinda like them because they were the first to effectively use mechanised divisions. During those times no one knew how that shit would actually work and Germans were the ones to do it best (at the start of the war at least). Guderian might have been a mediocre field commander with a penchant for glory hogging, but he was a great theorist.