Top notch warriors of the centuries

This is my list of the most advanced and feared warriors of their time.

10th century
HRE/Franks

11th century
Normans

12th century
Normans / Crusaders

13th century
Mongols

14th century
Knights

15th century
Swiss

16th century
Ottomans & Spain

17th century
France

18th century
France

19th century
Brits

prove me wrong
>protip, you can't!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayeux_Tapestry_tituli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frangistan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>20th Century

America

>HRE
>Franks
Pick one

>Normans

You mean the French :

HIC FRANCI PUGNANT ET CECIDERUNT QUI ERANT CUM HAROLDO
Here the French are fighting and have killed those who were with Harold

HIC HAROLD REX INTERFECTUS EST
Here King Harold is slain

ET FUGA VERTERUNT ANGLI
and the English have turned in flight
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayeux_Tapestry_tituli

>Normans / Crusaders

You still mean the French right ?

As the Franks (French) formed a substantial part of the force of the First Crusade, and Old French became the dominant language in the crusader states of the 12th century (notably the Principality of Antioch), the term Frank as used in the Levant could mean any Western European Christian (whether Frankish, Saxon, Flemish, etc.). Frangistan was no clearly defined area and may have referred to any land perceived to be Christian by contemporary Muslims.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frangistan

>No Slavs
Fuck you

>25year rule
I hope the ban you!

oh, it is you again...

When do you think where Slavs relevant?

16-17 century

Beware the Frankish KANG

>10th century
>HRE/Franks
What were they even doing then? Besides getting rekt by vikings

>getting their shit pushed in by Turks
>getting their shit pushed in by Germs and Swedes
does not qualify for a top of the century spot

>This delusional paki that believe he is the descent of a nazi

Hi, Achmed Khan

Keeping the Arabs at bay, forcefully Christianize large parts of Germanistan, have fun with Byzantine empire, lots of funny things.

WE

Name one battle in the 10th century fought by the HRE or Franks against Arabs or pagan Germans

Not that user, but they did conquer part of Italy and BTFO the Hungarian pagans.

>15th century
>Not Hussites

> 19th century
> france
> not russia

top kek

>19th century
>Brits
To dumb to read Popov?

shit i looked up for some reason lel

He said Brits, but nobody can deny France was the ultimate power at the start of the 19th century.

yes, and then they got their shit pushed in and remained in Britains shadow for the remaining 86 years of the century.

Technically op said warriors, and the Brits have never been the greatest warriors, Britain never had the best or strongest army, Britain was powerful because of its navy, so even if France got its shit pushed in Britain doesn't take the spot, Russia maybe, the Russians may have been poorly trained and preformed poorly in many cases, but their status as tough soldiers was never in question.

Britain ? What is this ? How you mean that irelevant regional power that lost all its colonies and that France is currently eating ?

>Technically

>lost all its colonies

One could say that Britain btfo'd everyone because of industrial revolution and biggest colonial empire and strongest navy.

>France
France is not even close in the 19th century. 19th century France is busy hosting a German victory parade and preparing Versailles for Reich time.

Britain btfo'd everyone because navy = power, like what the airforce is today, Britain is an island, they had to focus on the Navy primarily for defense, which meant they could skimp on the army, since the Navy did the defending, continental european powers like Spain, France and Germany couldn't afford to neglect their armies because of the threat of land invasions, Britain's focus on the Navy gave them the upper hand in their Colonial pursuits which made them a superpower. The British army was always a relatively small force.

>What is Napoleon

Guy that isn't relevant after 1814?

Its still the 19th century and everyone and their grandmother had to fight together in order to defeat him.

>beaten by rice farmers
>can't win against bearded mountain child fuckers in more than 10 years.
>great warrior

>France is top notch till 1814, when Napoleon gets defeated and France occupied.
>The remaining 86 years they are irrelevant and Great Britain dominates the world for a 100 years.

Tell me again why you see France at #1 spot for the 19th century

>Tell me again why you see France at #1 spot for the 19th century

I don't, but Britain isn't #1 in any case, its about warriors not navy and politics. My choice is Russia.

To you retards, we're not talking about military powers, but individual skill of the soldiers...

Why is France on the list then?

>Got btfo by cotton farmers

Because this is Veeky Forums, not an meme board filled with underage americans who spout "le surrendermonky meme". The French were feared for centuries.

This thread Is about warriors though, not countries.

Go home, Deadliest Warriorfaggot.

>19th century
>brits
AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHANAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ANGLOS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS

>Knights

which knights?

>Crusaders
>whole list is ridiculously West-centric

>west centric
>Otto & the Mongols get top spots

Norman identity was a thing in the 11th and 12th centuries. Calling them Franks isn't necessarily incorrect but still. It wasn't Franks who conquered Sicily and England and Antioch.

What about the 5th to the 10th centuries.
I'd say it would begin with the Huns.

and 7th Arabs.

Germanic tribes get the 6th century then and Vikings likely 9th

I'd say the Goths were probably a stronger force than the Angles and Saxons. The 8th-9th could be for the Franks also.

But which ones feared the black warrior?

>19th century
>Brits
maybe on sea, on land it was Prussia

>beaten by rice farmers
Then why are those rice farmers making my t-shirts and shoes for literal pennies in pay wages?

Why are they making everyone's t-shirts for pennies?

>25 year rule
>20th century
i get it but, hes talking about the century in its entirety

t. frog

Didnt know you were still shitpostig around here. Very nice material

Why Russia instead of Prussia for "most advanced and feared warriors".

Certainly this comparison looks to be mano-a-mano, and one for one a Prussian Soldier would beat a Russian one pretty much at any time in the 19th century.

>Norman identity was a thing in the 11th and 12th centuries

Nope

It is what Anglo try very hard to believe because they refuse the fact that they have been conquered and enslaved by French

The so called Normans are just French inhabiting the duchy of Normandy the Northmen weren't numerous enough to replace any French there, and they weren't alone for the conquest of Britain but people all over France came to conquer it even Bretons

>shitposting
Rude ! I never shitpost but frankpost !

Deal with it faggot, you are speaking English as língua franca for some reason

That's because of the last 3 centuries, not the 10th-15th centuries.

I'd make a solid case that the best warriors of the 10th/11th/12th century were the Song/Liao armies that had plentiful access to gunpowder, standardized state-provided equipment, and plentiful access to steel.

Why not the mongols? They got the greatest empire, conquered China and ruined the caliphate, and from Gengis khan to timur the great they were feared by many

>you are speaking English as língua franca for some reason
Because of British merchants and sailors, not warriors.

And thats why they are on top spot for 13th century.

Those British merchants messed up well with China in the opium wars he?

>Bragging about selling drugs to non-whites

>loses argument
>retreats into victim state

>loses argument
Really? Bragging about fighting non-whites during times when differences between Europe and rest of the world were largest is not enough to call British le superiour warriors.

Germans are the ones who deserve the title.

shit list, sorry

1st-5th
Romans

4th-9th
Byzantines

7th century is Arab century!

>19th century
>Brits

'no'

It's France from 1800 to 1815
Then Russia from 1815 to 1850s
Then Germans

Brits conquered spears wielding Zulus and shit, but that's not being greatest warriors

>France
>top warriors
lol

Name your country, faggot

I bet we conquered you

>France
>conquer anything outside of fucking deserts
remind me again how long you lasted again the germans? two fucking weeks? lmao

even your colonial empire was garbage, it's literally the sahara and some shitty islands

Somehow I thing you don't understand what century means or why France was absolute top notch in the 18th century.

8th century is still Arabs.

>in the 18th century.
isn't that the century where you lost all your north american colonies to the english? wow what a great century

>remind me again how long you lasted again the germans?
Hundred of years?

Anglo here, OP's a faggot and retards are arguing over who was the largest world power instead of what he actually said.

>you
Implying I'm French. Can't you be a brainlet in another thread?

>two fucking weeks
It is the contrary

The Germans lasted against us 2 weeks during the Napoleonic Wars

Now name your shithole

Seeing how bitter you are i guess we raped your shithole a lot

The trade companies were fighting companies to, sometimes free market just had to be enforced

>Implying there are no good drugs
>Implying the chinks are not being as much, if not more, poisonous with their current sales as opium was back then

>Fighting against many separate state, wins
>Figths with the unified real deal, gets a new asshole opened 3 times

U mad tho

Prussian soldiers were famous for being the most drilled and organized. That is the opposite of single combat.

quite frankly this.