Are elites the better people?

We constantly hear this narrative that the evil elites are trying to keep down the common man, and to steal our liberties.
But it is really true? It seems to me like the elites are in general better educated and much nicer than the common people.
It is the common man who supports nationalism and xenophobia. The common man who follows religious superstition, who supports sharia in middle eastern countries, who is willing to opress or even kill minorities.

After all, aren't elites in the position they are, precisely because they are the best of us, both in their skills and moral values?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2002/12/21/business/soros-is-found-guilty-in-france-on-charges-of-insider-trading.html
currentaffairs.org/2017/06/why-not-have-a-randomly-selected-congress
theguardian.com/politics/2001/jun/29/comment
jaffememo.com/the-memo-in-context
aangirfan.blogspot.com/2013/01/nixon-rockefeller-dulles-lansky-nazis.html
archive.is/SaJMd
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/americans-are-dying-younger-saving-corporations-billions
illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2015/11/killing-them-softly-whats-up-with-gen-x.html
businessinsider.com/generation-x-least-prepared-for-retirement-charts-2013-5
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-28/americans-are-dying-faster-millennials-too
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

quality bait
I expect good harvest
if people like the Clintons and Soros are supposed to be "the best of us", then I don't wish to be associated with humanity as species anymore

>elites
>moral values
Oh man.

For the most part, yes. That is why populism is so cancerous and dangerous whether it is from the far-left or the far-right.

I'm no fan of the elites for the most part, but I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer them being in charge than a mob of "regular people". We've seen in history what happens when the "glorious people" take charge. Whether the flavor of populism is left-wing or right-wing, the results are usually the same: the streets run red with blood, people who stand out become targets, and then a few years later a new corrupt elite takes the place of the old corrupt elite.
So, are the elites great? No particularly. Are any realistic alternatives better? I doubt it.

The elites believe they are greatest philanthropists to ever grace the earth.

I don't wanna go offtopic, but what exactly is wrong with Soros?
I am not too well informed about him, but as far as I know, he is a philanthropist who instead of enjoying a luxury lifestyle gets out of his way to help people and make the world a better place.

They may not be "better", but they're definitely smarter/more competent/more cunning, the world isn't exactly a perfect meritocracy but whoever claws their way to the top of society as a head of state/major business figure/top military officer is definitely a cut above every one else. Dems the breaks. Trump/Clinton/Merkel/Soros/King Salman are all necessarily more competent and smarter than you'll ever be.

>gets out of his way to help people
According to his belief system

>and make the world a better place
According to his belief system

I would not trust the common person with nuclear warheads or major economic decisions, they have no place in business or in politics. The elites know better.

nytimes.com/2002/12/21/business/soros-is-found-guilty-in-france-on-charges-of-insider-trading.html

>George "I'm gonna destroy Europe, United States and Russia by fueling conflicts and doing everything in my power to shred the very fabric of society" Soros

>philanthropist who make the world a better place.

I don't trust the elites as individuals any more than the common person, but I trust the decision-making of the power structure the elites exist in.

Our elites are just common people though.

Eh, they are at least a standard deviation above commoners.

> It seems to me like the elites are in general better educated and much nicer than the common people.
that is probably true to some extent with regards to day-to-day interaction, but that doesn't mean that their institutional role is nice. They still are an enemy of the commoners in the current system due to economic and political power.

> It is the common man who supports nationalism and xenophobia. The common man who follows religious superstition, who supports sharia in middle eastern countries, who is willing to opress or even kill minorities.
You know, democracy isn't a good idea because the majority is always right. It's a good idea because anybody should have the right to not be subjected to unaccountable authority and to take part in the decisions that affect their lives, be it at work, social life, or anywhere else. I prefer a world being ruined by majority will under democratic rule over a prospourus world under elite oligarchy (not implying that elite oligarchy leads to a prospourus world, quite the opposite. Just look at real life).

There is a saying that anybody who actually _wants_ power should under all circumstances be stopped from getting any. I think that's true.

currentaffairs.org/2017/06/why-not-have-a-randomly-selected-congress

>trust the decision-making of the power structure the elites exist in
then you're a fucking moron
not even gonna dig out the old bones, just a few just a fresh pick, the Great Replacement

>but that doesn't mean that their institutional role is nice
but this alone is a very valuable insight. It means that our world isn't bad because people upstairs are evil, but due to the inherit limit of our organization and due to the rules of game theory.

>They still are an enemy of the commoners in the current system due to economic and political power.
saying the elites are the enemies of the people is a bit harsh in my opinion. There are many powerful interests acting in top level politics, and in some instances, the hands of elites are tied.

>I prefer a world being ruined by majority will under democratic rule over a prospourus world under elite oligarchy
really? you would prefere a tyranny of the majority over a benelovent and prosperous technocracy?
In my opinion, democracy is only justified precisely because there is no guarantee that the elites will always keep peoples best interest in mind. Otherwise, an oligarchy would be much better form of government

Fair enough, still, I fail to see how it is related to his philanthropic activities or how it makes him the devil incarnate

>moral values
>NWO

how can you be so fucking retarded?

Well for one hes financing every refugee smuggling operation, destabilzes countries so he can make a profit out of the turmoil, thinks the world is his playground
etc pp hes the worst kind of philantropist

hes also worked for the nazis to round up more jews even so , he himself is one.
Hes a snake. A disgusting snake that should be beheaded.

>Well for one hes financing every refugee smuggling operation, destabilzes countries so he can make a profit out of the turmoil, thinks the world is his playground
I would love to know how you arrived at this sort of conclusion
What evidence persuaded you that all his the philanthropic actions were just a disguise for more sinister motives?

>unironically believing in meritocracy
>mfw the creator of the word was unironically right all along
Read what Micheal Young had to say about the word he created and stfu
theguardian.com/politics/2001/jun/29/comment

>the end justifies the means
The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

yes the elite are better. they devised and implemented eugenics, population control, genocide, war, for-profit healthcare, plundering wealth. the common man sucks at all that.

The Genocide, Eugenics and Birth Control movements were forced to completely re-make themselves after the Holocaust.

ie: away from hard genocide, to soft genocide

Returning to the root Malthusian hysteria, they repackaged their agenda as based on ‘over-population.’ Many, if not most, of the measures entertained prior to the Holocaust remained on the table for consideration. Only the reasons for implementing those measures were changed. Thus, in the 1950s and 1960s, calls for ‘population control’ increased in frequency and volume. See Paul Ehrlich’s “The Population Bomb” as one example that made a dent in popular opinion.

But population control advocates understood that the scope of the problem they were presenting required government action at all levels. Thus, Richard Nixon was prompted to enact population control legislation (still in force today). In 1972, Nixon would call for a commission to ‘study’ the problem and present recommendations. This is known as the Rockefeller Commission Report.

The two names most prominently listed on the Jaffe Memo are Bernard Berelson and Frederick Jaffe, the one responsible for the memo itself. These two same individuals were members of the Rockefeller Commission. Berelson was a full commissioner, while Jaffe was listed as a ‘special consultant.

jaffememo.com/the-memo-in-context

>The American eugenics was funded by various corporate foundations including the Carnegie Institution, Rockefeller Foundation, and the Harriman

>German Nazi eugenics was funded by he Rockefeller Foundation.[8]

>Rockfellers also owned IG Farben throught the Standard Oil Co. Inc., this isnt even a meme

>The Rockefeller Foundation even funded Josef Mengele

>Population Council Established in 1952 by John D. Rockefeller III, with important funding from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, The Council has its roots in the discredited eugenics movement.

> Planned Parenthood received extensive funding from John D. Rockefeller Jr. and his family, who continued to make anonymous donations to Sanger's causes in subsequent decades

his "philanthropic actions" literally tanked Russia in the 90's causing biggest humanitarian catastrophe in Europe since WWII

Trump is part of the elite. Fuck Trump.

Our world is certanly not perfect, but much more meritocratic than it was in past times, when only a small noble elite ruled over the opressed majority that had no opportunity to get into a position of power.

Allan Dulles, friend of the Nazis, boss of the CIA, and agent of the Rockefellers.

aangirfan.blogspot.com/2013/01/nixon-rockefeller-dulles-lansky-nazis.html

the CIA was developed by the mafia that owns US: Rockefeller, Bush, Harrimans etc

USA for the last century was the project of the Rockefellers. all of the wars, economic and social policies are theirs-- from eugenics, planned parenthood, islamists, NAFTA, 9/11 (WTC), globalised China

Would you be so kind to provide evidence?

President Richard Nixon appointed Bush as Ambassador to the United Nations,

Bush was leader of Intelligence

The Eugenics movement was big in the US between the World Wars. American backers, Rockefellers, Carnegies, Bushes inspired the movement abroad. Including funding to build a central research facility, the Wilhiem institute in Germany, with the assistance of Adolf and American money.
The Bush family, as you said tried to install a regime inspired by Hitler's 3rd Reich before WWII but got BTFO as you said. But during the war the Senator Prescott Bush was involved in military intelligence. And after the war was responsible for setting up the CIA and helping get his close friend and buisness partner Allen Dulles, named as Chief.
The same people are involved with each other before, during and after the war.
Bushes and other Americans helped formulate the Nazi policy and plans for a master race.
Then after the war gave them safety.

It's not that they give a shit about lgbt, its that there is an agenda to indoctrinate an entire generation of youth into believing that they may be gay or trans. Hence the massive increase in those who subscribe to identity politics and or claim they are trans or gay.

The agenda is both to introduce laws that criminalise the speech of those who speak out against those who want it to be introduced to kids as young as 4 (safe schools program) and making it legal for children as young as 5 to become trans even if the parents object. As the family courts will eventually be granted the power to remove young children from parents if they go against the childs wished to change sex or gender.

The end goal is a mix of depopulation along side cultural marxism which is by design to bring about the destruction of society by removing our freedoms, such as speech, and who we are and not wanting to associate with. As you will be forced in educational facilities and workplaces to mix and mingle with these ppl or face severe consequences.

So tl;dr, depopulation and totalitarian control of the people with severe freedom restrictions and removal of parental rights is the end goal of the lgbt agenda.

Did you read the article? Even the pursuit for meritocracy is filled with many pitfalls and dangers, with many current elites grow more unaware of the privilege they enjoy. At least nobles of the past had nobelse oblige, nowadays elites have nothing but contempt.

Our world is of course not perfect, and so is meritocracy even in its ideal form. The fears of Micheal Young as he wrote his satirical essay to the Fabian Society is becoming more and more real

The elite only manage the masses for profit. Given them indepedance and a power greater that the output of the masses, and we will be unable to prevent mass depopulation.
They have no real plans for space. Their aim is depopulation through manufacturing some vast cataclysm (war, a virus, flood ect). They will use the drone armies created via the supersoldier program and other MK ultra programs to do this. They will retire to the array of underground metropolis they have already constructed during this time. Then thel re-emerge, teraform the planet if need be and begin a new civilisation with MK ultra drones.

>silent genocide by the elite
the plummeting birth rates and increase in homosex and diseases is their success. the remaking of global society is centered on population reduction. this is the focus of globalism. destruction of family, healthcare, economy. turning society into homosexuals and importing immigrants to experience the genocide of those they replaced (population replacement)

the successful soft genocide policies in industrial societies are now being globalized to include the 3rd world

the 3rd world will adopt the lifestyle of industrialized society (by immigration and globalisation) and will be victims of the soft genocide policies, just as their white predecessors have

the importance of bringing in 3rd worlders is so they involuntarily adopt the western lifestyle that is firmly based on soft genocide

Americans Are Dying Younger, Saving Corporations Billions

archive.is/SaJMd
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/americans-are-dying-younger-saving-corporations-billions
illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2015/11/killing-them-softly-whats-up-with-gen-x.html

>The Stunning Fall Of Generation X
businessinsider.com/generation-x-least-prepared-for-retirement-charts-2013-5

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-28/americans-are-dying-faster-millennials-too

google "Shock Therapy" and look for why Russia and Hungary want that Jew who helped nazis kill Jews fucking dead

>After all, aren't elites in the position they are, precisely because they are the best of us, both in their skills and moral values?

No. People amass wealth and power through corruption.

They do whatever it takes to be wealthy and powerful.

It's basic reptilian brain predatory bullshit.

But nowadays, our elites are democratically elected. So if they wan't to keep the privilieges they enjoy, they can't afford to ignore the interest of the common man for too long, or else somebody else will be elected instead

It's fault of these countries' corrupted elites. Poland, for example. successfully implemented "shock therapy".

>our elites are democratically elected
Jesus user, do you actually believe that?

It really depends on the country, I think.
In western Europe, I think this to be true.

In America, however, I do believe there is a problem with some unelected elites becoming too powerful, especially in the banking sector.
The "two big to fail" incident was quiet an eyeopener for me

>ur elites are democratically elected
I think just because you deserved to get fucked over with your stupidity doesn't mean everyone should follow suit

Ignoring /pol/ stuff about refugees and clinton, he was a nazi collaborator and uses unethical banking practices like when he broke the bank of england

>he was a nazi collaborator
you mean he had to work with nazis in order not to be killed? are you really gonna judge a man by what he did as a 14 years old boy?

the best of us?

moral values?

Xi is pretty based
Dunno why he get so much hate

in china user this site wouldn't exist
and if it did it would simply be a trap
you and me both would be in prison, in a forced labor camp
the chinese regime is no friend of ours

That was a problem before Xi. What has he done in particular?

China is still a developing nation.
I think the West is really arrogant to judge the rest of the world by its own standard, totally ignoring the misdeeds that western countries did when they were still developing

Care to clarify your point, user?
since you're stating two things that are effectively opposites of one another.

centralized more control for himself
wound back nascent reform

He has? I thought that China's been steadily moving towards a more free market mix of communism and capitalism for a long time.

we have every right to judge them by our own standards user
they trade with us, compete against us
"developing"
they are developed enough to make nuclear weapons...
they've moved out of the "development" phase.

I disagree. It would be like an adult judging a child by his own standards, complaining why the child can't behave like an adult

china practices a form of kleptocratic capitalism user...
red princes.

they have become a very old and very big child user
technologically they are no longer able to sustain the rouse to developing
the regime has made a clear and calculated choice
they are hostile actors,

You are an American, right?
Here in Europe, we see China as a trading partner, not as a hostile partner.
It seems to me like America has trouble dealing with the fact that the rest of world is developing and Americas role isn't as important as it was before

One has a meme arrow in front of it. If you don't know what it means it means you have to go back

He literally created not one, but TWO financial crises that ruined economies, just to make a buck.

He's literally the posterchild for evil old jewish banker that manipulates people and bring financial ruin to a lot of little guys, conspiracytards aside.

Elites should be judged on competence instead of if they are 'better' than the common man.

If the elites are competent and know what they are doing, most people should reap some benefits.

If elites are incompetent,everyone is going to suffer.

At some point, the common man has to take responsibility for the quality of the elites. Most of the elites gain power because the common man supported them. If the common man is getting screwed over by the leaders they put in power, then perhaps the common man should choose someone else to support.

He benefited from the crisis, but I wouldn't go so far to say that he created them

no not american user...
far, far worse
australian!
would you trade with a man who keeps slaves?
would you like europe to become like china?
ruled by an intergenerational autocratic regime?
trade is means to an ends user
freedom is something we should all fight for
condone regimes like china acts as an enabler for those who would strip us all of our liberty

If one of them is the devaluing of the pound, general economic opinion is that that actually helped growth in the long one, and would have eventually happened regardless of Soros, so it was probably for the best of everyone involved that he did that, apart from the politicians who lost face.

Then I understand why you are so critical of China.
Currently, you are dependant on Americans defending your waters and enabling you to trade, but they won't be able to resist Chinese forever. Sooner or later, you are gonna fall into Chinas sphere of influence.

>ruled by an intergenerational autocratic regime?
I think autocratic regime isn't that bad for developing nations. Once China becomes developed, I hope they will switch to democracy, of course

rest assured user...
we have the worlds greatest reserves of high grade uranium
we will never fall under anyones
influence

a developing country with a space program
a developing country with a nuclear weapons arsenal
a developing country with the worlds largest industrial output

what a developing country they are.

you are only 20 million people, so what exactly are you gonn do against china?
nukes wont help you if they blockade your trading route

australia is completely self sufficient user
surface fleet blockades are very susceptible to ranged strikes
technologically nothing stands between us and aquiring a strategic means to keep our trade routes clear

its true we are a small country, in a conventional war this would be a great handicap...
but a future confrontation would not be conventional.
china has no allies in northern asia, they are a regime desperate for resources and agricultural provisions

the good news is that regimes are inherentally weak
particularly those built around an identity cult.

I doubt you could keep up your current quality of life if completely isolated from the outside world.

In my opinion, Australias only chance of independance would be beeing a member of a closer and more united ASEAN, to create a counterweight to China. But I dont see this happening any time soon.

Soros is partly responsible for the pound crisis and above all the South Asian crisis of the late 90s where he made billions of dollars. Millions of people have fallen to poverty thanks to him. He is complete monster and his current "philanthropist" endeavors can't redeem his past deeds.

No. Scum floats to the top

Yeah, keep telling yourself you're part of this "enlightened elite", it's definitely not what they want.

your correct our quality of life would suffer but we pride ourselves on our resilience....

diplomatically we have strong relations and trade with both korea and japan
we have also entered in negotiations to export our uranium to india

we are a fvey member, a commonwealth subject and nation with well developed foreign policy credentials in the un

the tragedy of our age is the trading of the human rights of the billion plus people who are subjects of beijing for the plutocratic ambitions of multinationals and a venal political elite who cant see beyond their own grifting designs

I am not part of the elite.
I consider myself beeing more intelligent than average, but I doubt i will ever make it to the very top.
But I like the idea that we are ruled by people who are even more skilled and have a better moral guidance than myself

Taking power away from white people sounds like making the world a better place to me.

Is it bad that I see the merchant in that painting?

>the tragedy of our age is the trading of the human rights of the billion plus people who are subjects of beijing for the plutocratic ambitions of multinationals and a venal political elite who cant see beyond their own grifting designs
Come on, don't act as if you have the best interest of chinese people at heart.

the best interests of the chinese people has implications for all of us user...

ignore the liberties of others and soon they'll be stripped from you

>believing other people have a better moral guidance than you
Retard

Look, I am just saying that the reality of your situation is that China will become a great power soon, and you won't be able to resist them. You will have to play ball with the Chinese, if you like it or not

the magick of art user is in its interpretation

>in china user this site wouldn't exist
Based China.

No OP. Even the retards at /pol/ can see through their jaded racist lense how disgusting their system is.

The elites are conserned about money and power, like everyone is. Tribalism and xenophobia are natural human traits you wont get rid of anytime soon.

playing ball with a dictatorship is always a one way street user

people must find courage to speak truth to power

many in the australian elites would agree with you user, that we should meekly acept and acquiesce to chinas
, seemingly, predestined role
but i take a different view, th world doesn't need the gang in beijing
and nor do the chinese people

Soros funds conflict and whatever will result in him and his friends gaining money and power. Extreme political activists and organisations and god knows what else.

see that's why i support elites.
They are able to see the reality of their situation and are willing to accept the meek yet necessary role.
Meanwhile, you, in your false sense of nationalism/moral superiorty, you would drive your country into a conflict it can't win

>But I like the idea that we are ruled by people who are even more skilled and have a better moral guidance than myself

Its an idea but not reality.

how can you tell?
are you buddy-buddy with the elites, so you can accuratly estimate their skills/moral values?

now now user, shame on you !

the site is worlds greatest resource of dank memes...

where will the huddled masses find their enlightenment and guidence if not from these imageboards!

Are you? You seem to assume they have better moral guidance than you, enough to let them lead you, and wanting to drag everyone else with you, do YOU have a good enough reason to justify this?

we might not win user...
but nor would they

better a state that dies on its own terms, than a vassal who lives on as a parody of virtue.

Well, I am following politics, and it seems to me like the leaders of my country (Germany) are in general pretty competent and genuinly have peoples best interest in mind.

Also, I am really interested in the age of Enlightenment. And back then, it was the educated elites who improved the world. Meanwhile, common people were superstitious fucks who supported religious extremism and authoritarian states

I disagree
no sense in fighting a war you cannot win

Of course they would seem good, they're creating an image to get votes
>supported authoritarian states
What do you think the people who ruled those authoritarian states were called? The modern also heavily support authoritarian states.

The common people are still into religious extremism and authoritarian states but the elites seem to be more interested in helping themselves than improving the world.

It doesn't help that the elites who the common people support are basically the extremists and authoritarians who don't care about the people who supported them.

True, but there were some kings or high up politicians who supported the ideas of enlightenment, like Frederick the Great.

modern elites*

Key word : some