Why would advertisers care if their ads were run alongside certain video subjects?

I'm mainly referring to the types of videos that YouTube tends to demonetize, such as most right-wing content; whether it's something making fun of feminism, facts about IQ differences in races, facts about transgenderism, criticizing communism, pro-white race realism, criticism of Marxism, etc...

Why would a brand care if their ad plays before a """controversial""" right-wing video?

Also, it's pure common sense among every single viewer that whatever may be in the video, isn't endorsed by the brand shown in the pre-roll ad whatsoever. No matter what the topic is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCVOW9__LJ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because subconsciously putting two things together like that matters. seeing some nazi fag next to a coke ad is gonna make people subconsciously relate coke to nazi fags. this is how advertising works.

This unfortunately.

Why would advertisers even care who the viewer may be, what they believe in politically, etc... as long as their product might apply to them?

Cell phones, any tech, food, beer, etc... can apply to anyone.

Because we live in an age where every faggot with an Internet connection thinks their opinion matters.

People aren't that stupid to suddenly start associating Nazi flags and Coke together.

And I'm not talking about "Nazi" flags anyway.

Not everything right-wing is "hur durr literal Nazi".

That's an extreme example anyway, especially since it involves a notable symbol like the swastika.

Look at the subjects I mentioned. Those are types that routinely get censored and demonetized because of whiny advertisers.

you clearly havent heard about the flat earth argument being a shilling thing. flat earth is the least profitable out of all conspiracies. but it is the most sound. which is why you should know.
youtube.com/watch?v=sCVOW9__LJ4

>People aren't that stupid to suddenly start associating Nazi flags and Coke together.
Again. It's not about intellect.

When companies are willing to shell out 100s of millions for targeted ads, it's because they work better than regular untargeted ads.

We are the flat earth marines.

Again, your Nazi example is an extreme one and involves a very visual symbol.

It's other subjects that I mentioned. Those are just fairly common opinions on the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Not all brands advertisers can be stupid enough to just shun half the population.

those poor nazis, not getting ad money ;~;

won't someone think of the poor nazis?

It's unfortunate when you realize that "Nazis" nowadays are literally anyone who rejects the left's radical bullshit.

That label is meaningless and hilariously broad.

> People aren't that stupid.

Yes they are. Don't lie to yourself. The big thing in politics right now are Democrats pulling down statues erected by Democrats celebrating Democrat war heroes and claiming it's because Republicans are racist. Somehow this will make racism magically disappear. People really are that dumb.

Again... forget the extreme "Nazi" example.

It's the other video subjects I mentioned. All of which are often very civil when discussed, or just humorous. Like not even viciously hateful or anything.

Even the "controversial" shit like difference in IQ or crime rates among races, or opinions on terrorism and radical Islam... is absolutely nothing.

They're always backed by numerous studies, reports, statistics, etc... They're not really done with hostility or pure hate from the uploader.

It just reeks of authoritarianism from corporations.

who cares about ads anymore anyway. all content creators should be surviving via donations from their viewers.

god I want to pound Julie Louis-Dreyfus senseless even in her mid-50s she's still a fucking minx.

If the videos are for people who like nazis then coke can capture the nazi market. The purpose of ads is to get more money not to moralfag.

fpnp

Because every video serve costs them money. Money better spent targeted on marketing to their ACTUAL customer

>People aren't that stupid to suddenly start associating Nazi flags and Coke together.
It's subconscious you dingus - even people who consciously parse through every piece of media communication they see to discern it's agenda will STILL have some kind of association affect.

The other thing is brands are rightly controlled, nothing is left to chance, the amount of body fat, the way a dress is tailored, the kind of car in the back of the shot in an advertisement is all deliberately chosen because of their associational values

It's called Cognitive Priming. Read Robert Cialdini if you know nothing about marketing and selling.

>Not all brands advertisers can be stupid enough to just shun half the population.
Shunning only half the population is stupid. You need to shun everyone who's not a easy customer.

Business is about focus. Even if you're SC Johnson and you sell to every home in America, you get more value selling to Moms than to stoners for example

Products such as cars, tvs, phones, food, tech/electronics, coffee, most game apps, most clothing brands, beer, etc.. will always apply to people who lean right politically. Tons of things do.

And stop focusing on the stupid Nazi example.

Just look at right-wing political/news videos getting fucked in general.

The main viewers, right-wingers themselves, are clearly NOT going to have any negative association with the brand, since they're consuming content they like.

The implication here (an absurd one) is that right wing politics are somehow inherently very bad (thus negative brand association) - and everything on the left is inherently good.

>And stop focusing on the stupid Nazi example.
When did I say Nazi!?!?!?!!?!?!

Also it's got nothign to do with politics and everything to do with brand values.

What happens if old grannies start drinking redbull?

Do you know what happened to Burberry in the 1990's when the Chavs started wearing those distinctive hats?

>The implication here (an absurd one) is that right wing politics are somehow inherently very bad (thus negative brand association) - and everything on the left is inherently good.
No it's not. The there is no implication, only the well tested observation that anything that is not on a brand's core message creates ambiguity preventing them from clearly making their sales point. it's got nothing to do with politics - in fact it's specifically about being as non-political, non-partisan as possible.

In other words, if you're Red Bull and you're advertising to young men you create an image of being about extreme sports, not old grannies on the go.

Because Gamergate happened and contributed to the bankruptcy of Gawker Media
Most user tactics were eventually adopted by the SJW, starting with the feminist goons
Though on reality it's this
Also fpbp

>Because Gamergate happened and contributed to the bankruptcy of Gawker Media
>Most user tactics were eventually adopted by the SJW, starting with the feminist goons
Those tactics were used by leftists long before gamergate. See things like campaigns to get ads taken off Fox due to Glenn Beck insanity.
This is dumb because he listed things that everyone from young men to grannies use these days. And they aren't being non-political because the leftist stuff(even the fringe stuff) isn't being demonetized.

>This is dumb because he listed things that everyone from young men to grannies use these days.
Exactly, so apolitical is all the more important! The smaller your demographic, the more to either extreme of politics you can go (in line with your customers' values).

>And they aren't being non-political because the leftist stuff(even the fringe stuff) isn't being demonetized.
Explain? Which companies are openly endorsing fringe leftist causes?

You're not making any fucking sense. Weird example with grannies too.

>the well tested observation that anything that is not on a brand's core message creates ambiguity preventing them from clearly making their sales point. it's got nothing to do with politics - in fact it's specifically about being as non-political, non-partisan as possible.

Clearly there's something politically. Because left leaning videos have no problems with advertisements the way right wing videos/political content does. Just fairly normal, civil stuff that really isn't all that controversial or """hateful""".

And that whole thing about a brand's "core message" is pretty much bullshit. Is paragliding a part of the core message of "Grammarly" app? Are basketball shoes a part of the "core message" of the mattress brand that just advertised alongside a video for basketball shoes? What about A&W advertising on a video about sharks? Those are the ads I just got on those videos. Why would they belong on those videos any more than right wing political content? They don't..

>openly endorsing leftist causes
I didn't say that, I said they're still having their ads ran on fringe leftist youtube videos. Having your ad on a video is not an endorsement of that view.

Truth is they didn't care at all until Trump won. The globalists thought their propaganda and data analysis demographic targeting and influencing was air tight, they controlled dem and gop establishment and would profit no matter whether Bush or Clinton won. But a bunch of unemployed, deplorable autists memeing around the internet were able to influence the election and convince millions of people that Trump was worth voting for, while successfully counter all the anti-Trump propaganda the big money put out.

So now these big money groups are doing everything they can to shut down and censor and demonetize everything they've analyzed contributed to Trump's success so something like this will never ever happen again. They're willing to spend and lose billions of dollars to ensure they keep control of trillions.

>because subconsciously putting two things together like that matters. seeing some nazi fag next to a coke ad is gonna make people subconsciously relate coke to nazi fags. this is how advertising works.
That's not the case. I mean that is how advertising works sorta, but I mean they show coke ads before horror movies and you don't associate coke with feelings of horror. As I said above, they didn't care until Trump won. And what they are doing now is shut down and destroy everything that helped get Trump elected.

They really don't even need to do that when Trump's playing ball and sending people to die for Israel. If they can get him to they can get anyone else that ever wins to as well, bet they showed videos of what they did to JFK.

ITT: right wing Nazis who voted for and want to suck the dick of the worst us president since bush

>anything that is not on a brand's core message creates ambiguity preventing them from clearly making their sales point. it's got nothing to do with politics - in fact it's specifically about being as non-political, non-partisan as possible.

Just got an ad for RBC banking... on a video about fidget spinners.

Tell me why, again, why this wouldn't apply to a right-wing video and its viewers? Or ads about food, drinks, beer, tech, cars, etc.... for that matter.

I'm pretty sure the Subway ad I just got prior to a video on a phone review, can apply equally as much to someone watching a right-wing video.

Or are fidget spinners suddenly a part of the "core message" of banks?

>"if u like drumpf or lean right ur a nazi #wtf #imbeachthebresident"
-you

>facts about IQ differences in races
>pro-white race realism
>implying you're not a racist white nationalist Nazi asshole

>dude drumpf amiright???
no

So then it becomes a question of how much of the non-nazi market (read: most of the population) would be lost.
Answer: enough to make acquisition of the nazi market a fucking idiotic move, costing the company millions or potentially billions of dollars

This is an honest question, are you an idiot?

lel

I guess I'm an Asian supremacist for acknowledging the very fact that Asians, on average, have the highest IQs. This is backed by numerous studies and reports. IQs can differ between races. It's pretty revealing that this stuff has to be censored.

Or perhaps I'm a Jewish supremacist for believing Israel should be a homeland for Jews.

Keep up the hysterical, nonsensical slander.

>Just got an ad for RBC banking... on a video about fidget spinners.
that's not a counter-argument, figget spinners are probably just as irrelevant to their core message about banking as nazism is. What's your point?

that the algorithms aren't perfect?

No, of course that's not your point. You're not actually interested in the motivations of large marketing departments that have to justify their ad spending through a series of consensus derived metrics to the executive level: you're trying to somehow make it seem like there is a giant conspiracy to silence non-mainstream views... guess what: there is. it's called consumerism.

The ads not appertaining on fringe right wing videos by marginalized people with a victim complex isn't the problem, the proliferation of fine honed media specifically designed to stimulate non-essential expenditure is the problem.

YouTube is run by a feminist kike, Alphabet uses every event as an excuse to purge the ideologically impure.