What does Veeky Forums think about Slavoj Žižek?

What does Veeky Forums think about Slavoj Žižek?

Are his philosophies profound and insightful, or is his commentary on society mundane and grotesque?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XM9erS90gTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"Sniff"

As a person, I like him. On the day of the Copter, I will personally make his ride smooth.

He is an entertainer.

Don't you view him as the philosopher that he claims to be?

How does he make money? He doesn't have Patreon or somithing.

He's a professor at various universities around the world. Plus, he has published over 70 books. I'd find it hard to believe that he hasn't made some amount of money from either of those listings.

Too holistic and too Lacanian for my personal taste. However his writings and lectures are interesting to read and watch. Would also recommend Perverts Guide to Ideology to everyone.

He also endorsed Donald Trump's presidency, probably because both of them have basically the same approach to public and media.

I think he is a decent theorist regarding culture and entertaining to boot, but I do not care much for what is essentially faux-Hegelianism, which does render some of his work intellectually dishonest for my tastes.

Though, I did like Mapping Ideology.

His endorsement of the Trump administration isn't necessarily that easily deciphered. As he explained in an interview he did for a news outlet, he would've voted for Trump BECAUSE he believed if Trump came into office the left would have a strong response. Which it didn't. At least, not how he predicted it would have.

He literally called Trump a centrist liberal who masks it cleverly with his loud talk. In other words a flip-flopping charlatan like himself.

He is the head of the philosophy department in University in Ljubljana. He is supposed to have lectures, but he never has them (I went to one, where he was supposed to have it, but he wasn't there and I heard he never is). He picks up the paycheck which is 4-times the average salary in our country and he does basically nothing. He also gets money from his books sales, TV shows and guest appearances probably. The university keeps him as a brand name for foreign students.

I like some of his ideas, but overall I would say he is a fat sack piece of shit that sniffs too much. Quite entertaining though.

Must say I also quite enjoy his jokes, and some of the analysis of society is quite pertinent.

He thought the left would re-organize itself but not immediately.

I don't understand what this mans philosophy or ideas are. I'd been lead to believe by autistic 16 year old leftists on here that the guy was an avowed Marxist communist, but he appeared on a politics show in the UK recently and he referred to himself as a conservative. He seems like an Aleksandr Dugin type, saying one thing in one language and another thing in another language to swindle as many people out of their money as he can.

He says he is a marxist stalinist but he criticized stalin as much as he did hitler in interviews i've seen of him. I think he simply analyzes things from a marxist view as an ideological lens, but he isn't bogged down to marxism

I think this is mostly correct. He seems to really like Marx's theory of labor and alienation. I personally like a lot of what he says. I don't agree with all of it, but I can appreciate his thought process.

He looks like an angry richard stallman.

Saw him in person about a month ago but apart from his film analysis I haven't read much of his work

He's a communist who wants communism but doesn't want a re-do of 20th century attempts at communism but doesn't know how to go forward in the 21st century. Interesting if at least entertaining. Actually read his books, his talks are just for fun.

seems like a fat fuck cunt sniffling charlatan to me

point me to 1 (one) coherent philosophical argument of position of his, just one

all he does is vomit out the same retard university speak babble. obscure references, constant talk about marx, constant talk about political theroies that have no relation to anything, all the while saying literally nothing of substance at all.

he's a fat fucking theiving lazy piece of shit

I honestly hope he dies

oh and not to mention his constant and blatant repeated cheating and plagiarism (look it up)

you're all fools for giving this cunt fuck anything but a crisp sock to the second chin, knock the bubble cunt out

He is also paid a lot for every "lecture" / show.

I find *sniffs* a kind of obscene pleasure *does a line of cocaine* in watching his *enjoys coca cola* videos.
I think everyone on Veeky Forums should watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=XM9erS90gTE

>this is some good music
>therefore Beethoven agrees with me

He literally says nothing new. MUH IDEOLOGY MUH SPOOKS. Adorno already wrote about grand narratives half a century before him. Entertaining but decadent & opportunistic as fuck.

Mark Hamill has seen better days

>and sho on and sho for

He is a walking meme

>Are his philosophies profound and insightful, or is his commentary on society mundane and grotesque?

They are all of these things.

>literally too retarded to recognize his analogy.

Richard Stallman is already angry

>sniffles
>tugs shirt
>wipes beard

>Are his philosophies profound and insightful, or is his commentary on society mundane and grotesque?
I think his philosophies are both profound and insightful but also mundane and grotesque, because thats what todays western culture turned into. The days of great minds like Heidegger, Wittgenstein and Chomskys early work are long gone.

Skywalker?