Did I just fuck up?

I just bought my first coin. Just 1 ether to fuck around with. plan to go in with $2200 more.

Other urls found in this thread:

filecoin.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes you did. you called it a coin.

thanks for the information random anonymous person i couldnt care less

its a good time to buy atleast, it doesn't do fuck all atm

ok w/e. Fair enough. Was the purchase a problem though?

Why would you have fucked up? 1 eth is nothing.

Time to go in seriously or you won't even earn enough money to buy a car.

Is this your first day on an image board? 99% of the shit posted here is worthless.

wrong choice in coin. eth is not going anywhere soon.

>1 eth is nothing

lol not in my world. i own 2.3 ETH and this is pretty much everything i have.

Because I am just scared to take a step into the big kid pool of crypto. I am a small child who needs reassurance of the financial mistakes I am sure I am about to make.

On the contrary it is about to do some catch up with BTC.

You need to detach emotionally from the money you put in or you WILL do mistakes that will make you lose most of it.

You put the right amount so that it won't change your life too much if you loose everything.

Well I plan to fool around with 2.5k in Crypto for now. My entire portfolio is ~50k but that is in regular normie holdings. Im just scared senpai.

My broke ass just started doing investing 4 months ago so we shall see where this all goes.

There is nothing wrong with that. It takes time to wrap your head around everything and you'll make mistakes in the beginning.

Come on pt at least 10% of your PTF.

Don't tell me it's gonna be a life drama if you lose these 10%
Crypto market is doing 200% every 3 month right now (it won't last for long) while your PTF is making 6% a year.

6% a year? Not everyone is a normie trader. I can't argue that crypto gains far exceed stocks, but stocks are much much easier to liquidate and throw into an account. Stocks are also protected by law, and cannot just disappear or get sent to a wrong address.

I'd day 2500 is great for crypto start up. Can easily be turned into 10k by end of September

You fucked up big time. Eth is gonna slowly crash to zero. Just a huge p&d. Should probably sell it and get out of crypto right now

So far this year I have gotten 10% on my normie stocks. 200% sounds nice but I think its more of a luck thing.

Should I consolidate into ETH or try other crypto?

how come now is a good time/

You should build a PTF along the lines of 25% BTC, 25% ETH, 50% altcoins, and rebalance following the market moves

PTF stands for portfolio yes?

So you are saying of the 10% of my total portfolio. Have that 10% be 25,25,50 ?

yes

you are biased towards risk aversion. most people are. 300 bucks is nothing to a 50k portfolio.

you need to factor in opportunity cost to your analysis.

ethereum network will become more functional late september with the metropolis update

hp said they're officially joining a group of companies working with eth in september, the official announcements have previously had multiple companies, more should be joining then

price is flat atm so investors won't suddenly loose 50%.

new to all this but how is that flat?

I am just waiting for my shekels to clear out of my brokerage fund and I will be 2.5k in. I MAY go in deeper, to the tune of 4k but I am not sure yet.

Thanks for the good advice user.

With all the pump and dump bullshit going around for altcoins you have any suggested reading locations where it wont just be biased?

Are you referring to the upcoming fork I hear people talk about?

Do you think this will increase ETH or hurt it?

just stfu and pull the trigger

last year i stole 5k from my mom in gold jewlrey

cashed the gold

bought BTC

im at 25k with that 5k.

this wont last forever but i can see it going for another year at least.

DO IT

ETH has godlike gains by most standards, but most of this board is poor and will never get rich off anything less than %10000 gains so they are forced to stick with extremely risky altcoins.

welcome to crypto where a coin making 1000% gainz over a year is considered bags

What a piece of shit you are.

if she notices the gold missing ill give her the cash, no problem

>stealing from your parents
You deserve to be disinherited

Also are people of the mind that in a market crash that people will run to crypto to hedge losses? I dont think we have had a serious crash since the inception of crypto. Whats the theory on this?

>if

it's only because of her that you have that money, you should give it back

I just went back and reread that... 10k in under 1 month. Wtf how.

X4 is a pretty standard gain lately in crypto.

By making better bets, with only $2500 he could have made x10 on his investment.

nice egg trips

Im hoping this $10k will tirn into 100k in next few years

If market continues to grow at the same rate you'll have to wait less than that.

But if you have only ETH I would suggest diversifying a bit into high potential ICOs.

I really wish coinbase would add altcoins.

It has been fairly easy to get into ETH and BTC but that step into alt coins is proving difficult

>a bit into high potential ICOs.

have any suggestsions?

i was going to put money on filecoin

filecoin.io/

just trade the ETH for altcoins on any exchange

Whats the most trusted exchange?

Also, if I were to do that would I need to calculated short term capital gains tax? or does that not count because i didn't sell, I traded?