Scary Chinese defeats, post em here

Scary Chinese defeats, post em here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurchen_people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fei_River
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_dynasty_(265–420)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_dynasty_(1115–1234)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chinese are the best at defeating other Chinese

>jin
>chinese
Pick one

OP here, Why aren't the Jin Chinese?

They are Jurchen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurchen_people

They're proto-manchus

Uh I don't think so? The Jin dynasty was a short lived Chinese state during the 3rd century.

The Jin you are talking about is a Khitai vassal turned sinified empire that held the Mandate of Heaven, not to mention hundreds of thousands of Northern Chinese that lived in that domain.

If the Qing was a Chinese state, then surely the Jin is as well?

Qing isn't a Chinese state. The peasants are all Chinese but the court were just a bunch of Manchus.

You posted the Battle of the Fei River
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fei_River

That was between the Sima Jin Dynasty (Ethnic Chinese), and the Former Qin, a dynasty founded by the Di Barbarians from what is now Western China. Led by Fu Jian.

The battle singlehandedly destroyed Fu Jian's attempt to conquer China.

What do they even paint the pictures with? It doesn't look like oil paint.

I know that, but it seems that most people I've talked to, including historians regard it as Chinese. (Including the Chinese themselves.)

Its a modern painting.

Armor is inaccurate for the Jin Period.

>Qing isn't a Chinese state.
But that's wrong though.
1) The Manchu Emperors claimed Mandate of Heaven, and the title of Huangdi. Only one person in the world could claim that title, and thats the cunt trying to be ruler of China.
2) The official name of the Qing Dynasty's realm (in Manchu) was "Dulimbai Gurun." That means "Central State." Or you know, Zhongguo: China.
3) The Qing Emperors were responsible for the concept of Zhonghua Minzu ("Chinese Races") Meme, which today is the basis of Chinese citizenship. In short: it basically identified 5 principal races of China (Manchu, Han, Mongol, Tibetan, and the Hui). It served two purposes: to shoehorn the Manchu Identity as part of Zhongguo Identity in order to further justify their rule as emperors, and to foster a sense of inclusivity among Qing's subject races.

Doesn't make it a Chinese state. Only the Han are Chinese. Pretty much every monarch in China needed the meme mandate of heaven to keep subjects loyal.

>"Chinese" is an ethnonym.
>Imperial China is a nation state.

No, The Sima Jin(晉 265AD-420AD) and Jurchen Jin(金 1115AD~1234AD) are completely different things, don't pretend to know something yo don't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_dynasty_(265–420)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_dynasty_(1115–1234)

>Only the Han are Chinese
Then I guess only Anglos are Americans, amiright?

The Qing stopped speaking Manchu as soon as they conquered China.
Today, only 10(ten!) people speak the language natively.
They were completely sinicised.

That's because Qing is a Chinese state(dynasty), only with Manchu rulers. Manchu royalty already regarded themselves as Chinese when they replaced Ming, besides, Manchus were originally Ming China's vassal before they rebelled, which means they're Chinese subject even before they established Qing(or Latter Jin 後金). Also Qing dynasty was the first Chinese dynasty who used "中國"(aka Zhong Guo, Middle Kingdom, "Dulimbai gurun" or "China") as official title in diplomatic documents when they negotiated with Europeans.

Manchus are not Han but they're Chinese, Chinese is not only equal to Han same as British is not only equal to English.

PS: "Dulimbai gurun" and "Junggo" are the Manchurian translation of "China"(Zhongguo, Middle Kingdom).

Here we go again.....

Battle of Fanchang Castle was pretty spooky

>Qing Manchurians literally said they're Chinese and Chinese Empire which inherited same political ideology and belief.
>which even accepted by Europeans, Russians and Americans back then
>"Hurr durr doesn't make it a Chinese state..."
Next you're going to say ERE are not Roman Empire, yes?

1949 when the CCP takes over

99% casualties

For context, the Goguryeo breached dams in order to flood and drown the Sui camps, lest anyone get any strange ideas on the feasibility of inflicting 99% casualties in open battle (even Cannae only inflicted 70%)

>I will return after reviewing my strategies
Fuck, my sides

Uh that's what I was arguing for.

Hello Friens, I LOVE ART

Yep I know it's modern, but I was wondering what they painted with.

How the fuck has Hollywood not shat out a movie about the Goguryeo-Sui Wars? It's like the East's equivalent to Greece and Persia.

It will just be about an hour long movie about Chinese people that can't swim.

Americans can't even point to where North Korea is.

You guys've never heard of watercolor?