Is being a millionaire even impressive anymore? It seems like everyone is a millionaire

Is being a millionaire even impressive anymore? It seems like everyone is a millionaire.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4e0n7vTLz1U
globalpropertyguide.com/investment-rating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

7 figures is respectable now

yes being a millionaire puts you in the 1% of the world.

its impressive to a lot of people, but it really isn't

From someone who isn't a millionaire this is very laughable.

Find a millionaire and they say it's impressive. Find a poor man and he say it isn't.

is this fun for you guys to just act like dumbfucks?

if you have $1,000,000
no more, literally just 1 mil
you are richer than 99.84% of the entire world, counting indian street shitters and dirt hut nigs

i'll let you know when i find out

not in the US of A.

if you try to retire with a million, good luck.

You can have $1mil in cash and $1mil in debt (thus having $0), but still live a upper middle class life.

it is so fucking easy to make money. people just give up too easily.

>It seems like everyone is a millionaire.
Everoyone is a liar living beyond their means.

>t. poorfag

It's really not. I'm 20 years old and have 300 BTC. Still have yet lost my virginity.

people just dont save and fall for scams like college and moving out of your parents basment

sure I dont make much, but I have more in savings then everyone I know

not me!

i'm a millionaire in zimbawaen currency.

free your mind from the fiat *tether*

depends on what city you live in
A millionaire in Jew York is poor

Im a millionaire in toronto, but I live like a frugal mofo

Pretty sure you can live comfortable with a million dollars IF you don't pay mortagage or rent. Just find a cheap trailer park with a comfy RV as a millionaire hippie. Put some money in savings and make that passive

>Just find a cheap trailer park with a comfy RV as a millionaire hippie
most people wouldn't call living in a trailer park the mark of success, user

99% of the world is hopeless though, who gives a shit if youre better than them

Are you that 36 year old guy from yesterday?

having a million dollars is having freedom of choice. most rich ppl are "asset" rich, with over a million dollars of stuff, but that doesn't mean they have any real power quickly. if you have a million in the bank, ppl would definitely want to work with you so you will invest in their shit. In that sense, yes being a millionaire you are still high class in todays society.

to me it's more impressive to know how someone made their money.

a well-paying job on a conventional career path might put money in your retirement account, while a bootstrapping, hard knocks entrepreneur who's honest about his ups and downs and has had to find his way - that, to me, is more special.

and you don't find many people who have been able to succeed that way. but that's just my personal bias talking

It really depends on what lifestyle youre trying to live.
Im would be happy living with GF riding my RV around the country without having to worry about money in my life ever. Purchasing tech and good food is all I need to be succesful haha

who cares? i just want to live comfy without working

1mil isn't even a lot to generate income with anymore

I'm friends with a multimillionaire in his mid 50s. Right out of college he had $500 and an engineering job. He worked OT like crazy, invested, and bought apartments. Really admire him because he truly worked his way up (his parents were average boomer financial retards) but he literally worked all the time- M-F at his job, Sat/Sun playing landlord. His wife divorced him early in because she had an abortion and he's been single for about 30 years. He's told me all kinds of stories about gold diggers. Really one of the most interesting people I know; I'm glad god put him in my life.

You should just fuck him and get it over with

whats the plan? how are you going to get him to leave you all his money?

Go back to your internet money threads

He's got two daughters and already gave me the "son I never had" speech. I know he's leaving me something. One daughter is legibly pretty stupid (waitress) but the other is high achieving. He tried to set me up with her but I said no, didn't want to potentially complicate things and also she wasn't a virgin.

By rejecting her daughter, he sees you as a gold digger now. There goes your chance at getting the money.

Nope, I was very straight with him and explained my reasoning. He still to this day offers, unsolicited, comments about leaving me part of his wealth.

>friends dad rich as fuck
>other friend knows this and tries to talk to him
>friends dad blows him off all the time
>friend literally just raids the dads liquor cabinet and talks about how much the friends dad likes him everytime we go over there
>friends dad doesn't say 2 words to him because he's weird as fuck
>people are this dillusional when it comes to money.
not saying you're not getting something, just make sure youre as close as you think you are.

We are, see my other comments. We work together literally every single day and routinely hang out outside work.

it is crazy how out of touch Veeky Forums is in general. I mean I dont even notice it anymore on Veeky Forums because I have adapted the standards of what is expected.

but to think that being a millionaire is "respectable" now but nothing special is just so far out there I cant even believe you guys are serious.

You mean $1m USD in the bank or net worth? $1m net worth isn't much in most of the western world as a decent house if half of that.
Here in 'stralia I would say ~$5m today is the $1m of a few decades ago (not based on inflation but on quality of life that can be afforded).

I've been a millionaire ever since btc hit $1,000. I don't see anything special about it.

In the third world country I live in, people consider me a millionaire because I make enough U$D a month to allow myself to be confortable and buy myself clothing and watches whenever I want.

I don't even earn more than 5000 a month, and still this is how much jealous people get when they see me never struggling to pay my rent, bills and food when they ask themselves how they are going to feed their wagecuck slave son they got with a jobless prick they dated for only a year.

Yes, being a millionaire is still something that puts you above average.

Sure

because you basically won the lottery, you picked the one thing that exploded in value in the last years and it made you very rich. doesnt mean that is easy to do by any means... you could just as well have been wrong...

give me half. then you might get it you fucking retard.

t. guy who never leaves his parents house, doesn't pay bills or even if he does tries to live as cheap as possible

its true tho.
most boomers are paper millionaires and they didnt do anything special

Being a millionaire is okay. Not great by any means.

Lots of people by the time they are about to die own around 500,000$+ so they are already halfway there.

What is more, inflation makes money worth less and assets like real estate worth more. You are doing jack shit while waiting to become rich.

It just takes time, but being a millionaire is just not a big deal.

Also normal people don't realise they are fighting for scraps. Tiny pieces of money their boss throws at them so he gets more profit.

The world has trillions upon trillions of wealth. Yet somehow people continue to believe 1,000,000$ is a lot.

Keep fighting for scraps,

- "devide and conquer"

t. Julius Ceaser

Well share a story with us.
How to save myself from gold diggers? I'm fucking afraid of them.

Stealth wealth, and basic shit like observing how they live, if they're into brands, ask you about money etc.

Fun fact: he wears a 5k Rolex (it actually is pretty nice) and uses it as bait to lure out legit gold diggers who recognize it on sight.

Because beyond numbers like $20,000 they don't have any scope.

These dudes would cream over a guy saying he's getting $700,000 in inheritance, but would balk at the trust fund kiddie who claims to have $2-3 million. They don't understand the magnitude of what $1m can still buy, especially in a place as cheap as the US. You might be right if you lived in a real bitch of a place like Norway, with like a 60% increase on price of living, but fuck me if these nerds don't understand how much real estate you can get under a million to turn into tens of millions

what game is that?

ask me how about money?

You mean things like "What do you do for a living? you must earn a lot."

?

Chicks take advantage of my naive nature all the time...

go on what so special about 1m? what can you buy with it

How much you make, oblique questions like how much your car costs, house costs etc. Checks if you wear expensive clothes, eat out, or conversely live frugally (Oh, you still drive that old Camry??).

Anyone with an IQ 110+ and low impulsiveness can be a millionaire

Yeah, after working for 40+ years

exactly. theres nothing to it just be a wagecuck for your whole life

pro-tip the first time they do some shit thats obviously their fault tell them youre not sure about the relationship and dont want to see them the next time they ask.
no matter what they say be adamant on not seeing them and then a few days later just say some shit like "that shits not cool", you'll scare them into your arms

But this works with any girl, how is this helpful with gold diggers?
Or was this the idea?

Nocoiners aren't millionaires. Everyone else pretty much is.

It's a shame that I'm currently still a student, if I had a job in my field I'd have more than enough money to throw at least 10k in every decent crypto project to get instant 5-10x profits. I'd be a millionaire in no time. Now I have to play it 'safe'.

this was more to address the issue of you being naive, sorry i didnt clarify

a million satoshis will still not buy you a dinner

I was in your situation at age 25.
This is where I decided to abuse in order to get enough resources to invest in currencies.

I used to work for a piece of shit, who owned a data center where I worked at.
You can guess the rest I'm sure.

freedom for decades of eternity

No worries, that's great to know, I'll keep it in mind user thanks.

a million satoshis is about 43 dollars, you filthy nocoiner. you can buy a meal with 100k satoshis and in the future that cost will keep going down.

Being a millionaire is "rich" if you're under 30.
Its "impressive" if you're under 40.
But I wouldn't say its "impressive" if you're over 40. Most middle class people can save a million by the time their 40. And you can't really retire on a million and sustain a middle class living standard.

But the term "millionaire" is still holding more weight than "6 figs," which is really not impressive at all for anyone a couple years out of college. Buy 7 figs a year is still too high to be just impressive, 7 figs is rich. I'd say $300k is the new "6 figs."

A lot of younger millennials that missed trying to find a job in 2008-2010 are delusional. They grew up in a period of wealth and their parents had money and now they think money just happens if you work hard enough. I think a lot of them are urban too. Get out of the cities and you will find that the majority of people are struggling. That's why Trump was elected. For every "millionaire" living on your block there is a retirement home crammed full of 500 boomers that lived through the most prosperous era of history and are still broke and rely on SS.

99% of you will be barely making ends meet by the time you are 30. If you fuck up and have a kid too soon then you'll probably not be able to secure a mortgage. If you find a frugal girl and live the DINK life you might even be able to go on a vacation once a year.

What do you mean with abuse? I still have a decent amount of money for a student, around €40k. I promised myself to only invest 15k, and I managed to double this in about two months. I feel like I should hurry the fuck up though, because this is a golden opportunity, a bubble that might burst in a few months. So, I'm thinking about investing another 20k, I live in europe, so uni is free anyway.

>6 figs isn't impressive a few years out of college

Delusional. It must be the propaganda they feed you the whole time you're growing up.

It won't buy him anything because coiners never cash out. The wealth is all on paper only.

...Or don't spend like a nigger and invest your money

I know right. I think it's TV and movies.

Wages ramp up huge 2-4 years out of collage. The average college student may only make 60-80 straight out of college, but will probably make 100-120 2-4 years down the road. Then its harder to get bumps. This is blue state salaries I'm talking about. If you're talking about rural states in the US, I don't really consider them the first world anymore, there is so much disparity now.

>What do you mean with abuse?

You do whatever it takes to get your shekels within some limits of course.

I can't say more, because what I did was barely within legal limits for instance.

As Patton said "Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash."

You see a chance to exploit? Go for it, even if it means doing something not entirely right.

Invest with whatever you have, becareful only to not be compulsive and buy or throw money whenever you feel like it, I know it sounds obvious but in reality when you have money you tend to become easygoing fast.

>I feel like I should hurry

Yes and no, but you're right about it being a golden opportunity.

My biggest mistake was to be compulsive.
So you don't need to worry about loss as long as you are cautious and calculate every expense, it is IMPORTANT you calculate them all and keep record of what you spend and where.

>including value of primary residence
>including entire dual income (or higher) families under a single household

t. Carl the Cuck

>liberal hellhole
>earn six figures and piss away 75% on rent, taxes, subway etc

>gods country
>earn 70k and invest 30% of it

The fact that you think that less-populated areas are third-world status is fairly illuminating about how brainwashed you are. The average college grad isn't making anywhere near 100-120k, that's absolutely retarded. Look at a STEM postdoc salary. $45k.

t. butthurt Trump voter

I know what you mean, to be honest I've done quite a bit of fraudulent shit myself, hence having €40k as a student...It kind of became a thrill for me, cooking up sneaky stuff to make money.
I appreciate your advice, it's true, I've made decent crypto gains by taking calculated risks, but I've also lost some by fomoing right into coins at their ATH like a retard.

Why would I be butt hurt? I live in an all white town, have a good engineering job, work tons of OT and am blessed with low taxes. I take 2 vacations a year and visit your multicultural paradises without a really living there. It's the best of both worlds.

t. communist antifa simpatizer

Lol you wouldn't even be accepted as a tenant if your income was more than about a third of your income, because its competitive. I live in a city and save over 50% my gross salary. I grew up and went to college in Ohio. I save more than most of my college friends who stayed even make, and they mostly got better grades.

I didn't say anything about the population being the reason its better. Crowded areas and high rent sucks, but there is a reason everyone wants to live in those places.

There's nowhere more third-world than big liberal cities. You literally have to walk over homeless people and immigrants on your way between tapas bars. The air sucks and cars are a nuisance. It's a fucking banana republic.

Yeah the reason is because there are homeless shelters on every corner and plenty of bridges to jump off if you don't get that next promotion you were anticipating. Not to mention the underlying smugness of it all.

You can't bring up isolated slums in cities without also mentioning trailer parks and deserted cities out in rural states.

Yeah, smugness is annoying. And most people living in cities waste all their money on stupid shit. But you have a half a brain and don't blow all your income you can save a massive amount of money, then just retire back in a comfy rural area.

1 million is alot if you invest it well, for example, carefully picked real estate with a 10% rental yield which brings you 120k per year. Then 1M is alot.

If you, however, buy a car and a house (liabilities) 1M is nothing.

So it can either make you or break you, so to speak. Make you poor, or make you richer.

Because a passive income of 120k $ per year, you can live pretty comfortable without any worry.

Just buy a lambo with 200k. Don't worry about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4e0n7vTLz1U

Where are these 10% yields? Over here 5% and you're doing well

You can not make $120k off a million reliably. More like 40-50k max. Even without tax that is not even middle class, which is why having a million is not that impressive anymore. Maybe $2.5m is closer to being "impressive."

This is actually funny which I can relate to irl.
Most people I hear or talk to, they rush to cars when they have some spare money.
Where I live, you to pay tax annually, and also insurance. A lambo would cost about 7k yearly just in fees. And then gas. Easily over 10k a year to own.

Robert kiyosaki gave plenty of tips on how to find good real estate deals. It's all different everywhere and you have to be smart to strike a good deal. Very possible with careful thinking. If you are a nomad however you can even buy in another country internationally:
globalpropertyguide.com/investment-rating
These are "on average". A friend of mine managed to get an appartment with a 23% yield on Moldova 2 years ago.

You can expect to be a millionaire by the age of 40-45 even on a $60000 salary if you aren't a total moron and live frugally. The amount of poor tattood chads I see driving BMWs and jobless niggers driving Lexus blows my mind.

I am driving used cars or budget cars, shopping at Walmart, and cooking my own food so I can retire at 50 and laugh at the faggots still working at 65-70 years old.

if you have a million, you can invest it in ways to get a pretty easy 10-15%

Here you go again seeing your ignorance and age. 40-50k IS way beyond middle class if you own a home and no kids. The median HOUSEHOLD income is $55k, that's about $20k per person.

Nice list, ausfag here so as you can see local yields are nothing special, our property has mooned though so capital growth has been spectacular and a put shrinking pressure on yields. Going international would probably be the only worthwhile way to do it but it's still more an 8 figure game than 7.

I drive a partially loaned 35k usd Mercedes Benz GLA250 that I bought "bought" with 5k down payment. In 3 years I can sell for 50% of price with the loan. So I basically drive a nice car for 3 years for only 26k

I think 10 isn't unreasonable but 15 is getting less easy. 1 million won't get you access to the best stuff, 10+ and people will start talking to you

Very few college grads make 60-80k out of college. The only ones that do that are tech guys, engineers, some people in medicine, and the finance guys who went to really good schools. Of course, you could be the exception and pull 90k straight out of college with any degree if you are top 1%(ivy league essentially).

Most college kids I know graduate with jobs ranging from 40-50k. That's in a blue state. The only places where they offer 80k for average college students is places like NYC and SF where cost of living is insane.