Why does the Confederacy trigger the left so much?

Why does the Confederacy trigger the left so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZZQzyhp7g&t=56s
youtube.com/watch?v=rHdESYvIDXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because simple black and white narratives concerning war are always easier to swallow. It's very convenient to have a good side and a bad side. Liberals are especially triggered by confederates because the modern Dem Party Machine has been trying to divorce itself from its pre-LBJ roots for decades and then flip the script on to the republicans as US history's most enduring racists.

they think that slavery is bad

>Th-The Civil War wasn't about slavery!

o i am laffin

They unironically still think blacks are human.

thats the only movie I've ever walked out on
its literally 4 hours long

>why does the flag of a traitor nation being flung offend people who are the descendants of those who died defeating it
You might as well fly the flag of Imperial Japan in China.

>he thinks brothers fighting is the same as foreign powers fighting

laughing at your life rn

ur batin hard my main penis

The traitors formed their own nation, they are no different from a foreign power at that point. The only thing traitors and their sympathizers deserve is death.

wow ur all retarded, every person who owned a slave in the south was a democrat. Democrats were also notoriously against
achieving equality with blacks and for a century had tried to keep blacks down through the government

if you can directly blame one party for actively trying to keep down african americans it's the democratic party and they still do even today

>lol southerners, fucking stupid poorfags we'd be better off without them
>you're going to stay in our country whether you like it or not

Do you feel the same way about Washington?

I only believe in the latter. No one gets out once you're in.

t. Galician Jew ca. 1912 immigrant to Maine

You're only a traitor when you lose. Vae Victis.

But you like no fault divorce right?

You're the one ass blasted plastic Yankee who shows up in every conferderate thread

>But you like no fault divorce right?
No, I'm against divorce entirely.

>getting into a fight with some random at a bar is the same as fighting your brother

That sounds like gang logic

>still calling them brothers

I cut my own brother out of my life when he went to prison, he's dead to me.

Good man

>Yancucks fought for this

>implying I give a shit about them

It's a union, and that implies unity. You try to break that, we break your legs.

>unity at all costs, even above freedom

Kill yourself commie

Smelly dumb statist scum

>Implying Germany only wanted Danzig

Anything that goes against the prevailing groupthink triggers people OP.

God that movie was awful.

I'm sure that will help his rehabilitation into a productive and caring employee/family man upon his release. Maybe you should just shoot yourself. Then at least your imprisoned brother can carry on the family name with some semblance of honor and dignity without a chickenshit pussy like you ruining it

People liked Gettysburg, this was just the poor man's followup.

Besides, movies like the Outlaw Josey Wales are universally liked, and that one follows a former Confederate being chased by villainous Union guerillas after the war is ended.

Also, the civil war was about slavery.

>I'm sure that will help his rehabilitation into a productive and caring employee/family man upon his release

He's a degenerate and always will be, he has no desire for change because he thinks he did nothing wrong.

Why do /pol/lacks always circlejerk over the losers of history?

Then again I suppose you guys need some kind of trophy even if it's just a participation one.

Americans are stupid. That's it.

he didn't say that.

it also reminds them of their past.

10/10 post

>why do /po/tards always circle jerk the losers of history
Same reason leftypoltards do the same thing. When all of your ideas end up as failures, they're all you can look up too.

It was, but it is far more complicated then that.

Union
>i pay my Irish workers 5 cents a hour. I dock his pay for any reason and fire him for any reason. at least it isn't slavery.

Confederate
>they might be slaves, but I keep them well cared for. I even allow them to work side jobs to earn money to buy their freedom.

>Union: my life is shit but it's possible to change that if I work really, really hard
>Confederacy: my life is shit and can never change, also I'm a nigger
kys

Your opinion on liberals is pretty black and white

>Traitors
>Can't even figure out how to prosecute Jeff Davis

Back to /pol/ you go faggot.
Trying to imply that the old age Repubs are same as the Republicans now you are fucking retarded.

he didn't even mention republicans.

> Implying that the slaves were cared for by their owners.
fuck off. Please.

He is arguing that the Democrats are the same as they were back then. If that's true, so is the inverse (for Republicans).

The parties changed many times, one should classify what people supported what changes, and not fluid-like party systems.

i think he was mostly referring to the historical reality.

>tfw if it weren't for Lincoln we would've had this

He ignores the shift completely which is disingenuous.

If you want to argue that the Dems opposed black people due to their party system, and not the Southern culture, go ahead.

he didn't say they were the exact same today. white americans are very racist people overall and this has been true throughout history into the present day.

>white americans are very racist people overall

Compared to who?

ugliest borders ever

>northern borders are mostly straight lines
>southern borders (continental) jut out three times
>plus some islands and an enclave in yucatan

this would ruin the aesthetic of any map these borders are ever in

He was a republican fighting a tyrannical monarchy.

Everyone needs to get over the goddamn war. No one is alive from that time, it's just LARPing at this point.

But the north-south cultural divide persists to this day, and there are still social issues that are very much a consequence of the Civil War, albeit several generations removed. The south didn't economically recover until well into the 20th century, for instance, and you're kidding yourself if you think that hasn't affected their cultural landscape.

Still, there's no need to go butthurt belt tier.

>Slavery was pretty cool deal
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZZQzyhp7g&t=56s

>What is the big party flip
>What is blaming the current party for view points it held 200 years ago
>What is the south now being republican when it used to be democrats.
Stop acting like you don't know history faggot. Everyone knows the parties flipped.

>Preachy Christfaggot movie masquerading as a historic war epic.

Everyone knows protestants can't make a good film.

Gave this a good review, by the same guys

Maybe Gods and Generals was just a bad movie? Maybe it wasn't a conspiracy?

I see this argument all the time like the Confederacy didn't have the wage system, and was some kind of worker's state.

I also am skeptical that anyone who posts this is for abolishing the wage system.

If they formed their own nation then good 'old Abe broke basic international conventions by never declaring war. If they weren't a foreign nation then the federal government forgot that it presided over a voluntary union. Sure, declare war because you want territory and your agriculture back. Painting it as a moral crusade was a retroactive measure. Southerners did the same which is the origin of all the rhetoric about how slavery was justified by the Bible and other moral arguments for slavery.

I liked Gods and Generals and Beards, watched it many times, but the critics were right. It was a terrible movie, overly sentimentalized, and poorly written and paced. I like it as a Civil War nerd. I cannot recommend it as a good film, or even as good history -- it's riddled with inaccuracies, but what Hollywood historical epic isn't?

t. ex con

>Le democrats are the real racist
_donald

Because of the plantation system's almost feudal and anarcho-syndacalistic agrarian overtones, complete with their own aristocracy.

But whites had it both shit in the north and the south, really.

>be a white factory worker
>get exploited by my employer
>get sent to an early grave for a variety of reasons, ranging from poor sanitation, overcrowding and poor working conditions or crime
>if i protest my circumstances, I'm likely to get a truncheon to the face

>be a white poorer farmer
>bank decides to forclose on my farm
>now I have to resort to sharecropping on the property of the fuckers whose exploitable labor pool forced me out of my home

And the best part is that both of them had to die to uphold economic systems that these people really didn't want to be involved in.

Because liberals hate everything that's good and decent in this world.

>Well cared for
I stopped reading here. Slavery was shit, there was only an extreme few slave owners that really took care of their slaves.

>Allow them to work side jobs to earn money to buy their freedom.
Extreme few, even then the money would belong to the slave owner and simply taken.

>I even shoot them in the head when they disobey the overseers, and track them down in the swamp with attack dogs when they run away
FIFY

>Implying if the US divided itself it would have even survived until the 21st Century

Why is Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Canada and New Zealand highlighted? They were all dominions able to conduct their own foreign relations when WW2 broke out, dumb map poster

I imagine a movie about Jack Hinson would result in a 0% raiting on RT and the endless autistic screeching of liberals until the end of time, to discover the Union weren't the good guys they thought they were, and the ultimate revenge story being fought by a "racist white man".

>Not everything that disagrees with me is a conspiracy by "Heel-luh-ree "

cuck

The secession was about slavery
The war was about deciding the balance of power between state law and federal law

There's nothing good or decent about people being property. It's among the most fundamentally opposed to the value of human life of any legal establishments, and you can't recognize that fact that's so obvious to even the most passive observer, you have no moral authority whatsoever.

>by never declaring war.
Can you come up with other examples of leaders declaring war in order to suppress an internal insurrection?

It must be done if it stops the eternal kraut from furthering his own agenda

>Implying southerners are even human and not subhuman scum worthy of genocide

Germany wanted as much as it could get its hands on, and don't you forget it. Hitler had decided for himself that the leaders of Europe were worms, and that he could just take what he wanted.

England's monarchy was one of the most limited in Europe, we'd gotten out anti absolutist revolts done early, and beyond that, in the post AOC USA the only elected position were members of the house and president.

>Movie about Old Jack's one man guerilla war

I want. I want so much. Who would you cast as Old Jack, anons?

but any modern american should be triggered by traitors that tried to break the union

>Being patriotic to an artificial union shared with people you have nothing in common with instead of being loyal to your home state/region

>This civil war was about states rights

um, no sweetie.

Educate yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=rHdESYvIDXQ

DO NOT REPLY TO /POL/ TIER THREADS
IGNORE /POL/ TIER POSTS
DO NOT REPLY TO /POL/ TIER POSTERS

Shift+Click hides threads. Sage and move on.

>nothing in common

Not your safespace, you SJW faggot

>*sips tea*

Because they literally fought and died for the right to own people like property. As much as edgy /pol/ posters like to argue, I can't imagine few things worse than being a slave.

Idris Elba

You leftists literally want white people to be slaves to non whites though

The incas were superior to europeans though

>I can't imagine few things worse than being a slave.

being a freedman who starves to death after the union burns your plantation down and steals the food storages lol.

>the anti white shill is so shit thst he can't even back up the "civil war was about slavery" myth

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAH

What the fuck is it about Veeky Forums that I have every single one of my filters from this board. It's like six now.

Gods and Generals is pinnacle lost cause propaganda. Their is literally a scene where one of his slave celebrates as Jackson goes off to war. I liken to to moves like The Patriot.

Dunno, why does the Union trigger the right so much?

Nothing to do with slavery, nope, nothing at all.

>New England fuckery

he's right you know, the south lost when they didn't raze that puritan shithole after the war of 1812.

when was the last time anybody of note on the right complained about statues of Lincoln or Grant?