Which podcasts does Veeky Forums recommend?

Which podcasts does Veeky Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

bobrowen.com/nymas/podcasts.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dan Carlin hardcore history for more narrative driven experience and Mike Duncan's Revolution and Roman History podcast.

Read books and stop being a plebeian listening to pseuds and "entertainers."

what's the backstory of that image?
I understand it's a Russian smugly sitting on Manchuria daring Anglos and Gooks, but the context evades me.

The Joe Rogan Experience
Train by day, JRE by night, all day, all night!

While I enjoy them, they're not in the least bit history related

What about history lectures? I know Yale has several courses online.

Probably something to do with the Russo Japanese war, Britain is holding his ally Japan back from his war mongering and belief that Japan would be crushed was popular at the time of the beginning of war

This guy gets it

Read books too!

I think David Crowther should be included here. Even if you're not into the entire history of England, the anglo Saxon period alone is pretty fascinating and at 20 episodes is easily digestible.

But the live shows are during the day.

There's a bunch here:
bobrowen.com/nymas/podcasts.html

Why is France on Russia's side tho?

I llike Dan but if you're serious about history there's very few podcasts that are both academic and listenable.

I seriously rate the Ottoman History Podcast, its scope is massive - not every episode is interesting but they cover so many topics that there's pretty much something for everyone. I reccomend the comparative study of marajuana and cofee in the Middle East and Latin America as a good starting ep.

The BBC also puts out a few good podcasts, In our Time etc.

I've given some thought to starting a history podcast, but I'm still ironing out the finer details.

Basically the premise would be a fairly simple history of every country on Earth in alphabetical order, with one country being covered per 15-30 minute episode. My only concern is that while I don't want exclude some of the tiny island nations, I'm not sure how I can impart a history of a place like Antigua and still have it be interesting. I also think it could be a potentially huge undertaking and could see myself getting disheartened if I'm putting in tens of hours of work per episode that five people are listening to.

The History of Byzantium by Robin Pierson is pretty comfy, even if you're not a byzaboo, oh and The Ancient World is also good.

"hurr durr stop using technology" - oldfag on the internet

In our time. Don't listen to anything else until you've tried it out.

>being this much of a Luddite faggot

like to listen to podcasts while i am at the gym, fuck me right!

>history of a place like Antigua and still have it be interesting
on the contrary, the micronations will be easier to cover because their histories are shorter, with a sparsely documented indigenous past and settlement occuring several centuries ago (regarding the caribbean, at least). all the caribbean islands participated in the plantation complex that was the linchpin of the atlantic trade. you can talk about the implications of being under spanish, dutch, english or french imperial rule for island's political, economic and social structure and how those legacies affected the post independent states in those countries...

also if you have faith in your storytelling abilities, to summarize information and pick out the most critical details (that either you or you think your audience will want to hear) then you should be fine. i think audio quality is another important factor to listenability.

>not reading while you do sit ups, squats and weightlifting
fucking pleb. i bring my own music stand to the gym to prop my book onto

i fucking hate theamazingbananafucker so much. How the fuck can you stand listening to such an insufferable retard?