Are you ready for Caesarism Veeky Forums?

Are you ready for Caesarism Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunac_Ceel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for what?

I was born ready.
>rolls dice
>crosses rubicon

Are YOU ready, Hank?

>Jesus Christ, Marie, the West is in decline!

Sure am. Tuck me in, I'm ready for western civ to die.

Good luck posting on Veeky Forums from your shitty pajeet computer, somehow.

HAHAHA

That made me laugh much more than it should have.

Why do you idiots keep posting Spengler threads and then get annoyed when Spenglerians show up?

Every single civilization he describes is an exception, trending towards his ideal description only as far as he is ignorant of them, the dead and gone civilizations.

The West had oil. That's our thing. So maybe we don't have Caesarism.

1. I don't post Spengler threads. Not once, not ever.
2. Wtf are you even talking about?

>7 previous high cultures and the west pretty much dead on
>an exception

>oil
Wtf?

previous high cultures and the west pretty much dead on

Go on.

From my reading and observation -

China - unusual in lasting in an active state for too long.

Greco-Roman - unusual in spawning the West more directly.

Magian - unusual in stability

Egyptian - progressed through phases unusually slowly, but in perfect order

Indian - kept resetting itself and still is

West - conquered planet, developed fossil fuels

>China - unusual in lasting in an active state for too long.
>Magian - unusual in stability
>Indian - kept resetting itself and still is
These 3 continue to exist, but are creatively dead.

>Greco-Roman - unusual in spawning the West more directly.
>spawning the West
The West spawned itself. Certain Westerners just like to think there is some kind of continuity, because muh we is all europeans.

>Egyptian - progressed through phases unusually slowly, but in perfect order
Yes, quite.

>West - conquered planet, developed fossil fuels
Yes, but what do fossil fuels have to do with anything? That just shows the technological bent of the West, a dictator could rise regardless of whether we have endleas fossil fuels or solar panels.

You missed: Mesopotamians & Mesoamericans

>You missed: Mesopotamians & Mesoamericans

The ones we know least about, the ones I think Spenglerites project onto.

>These 3 continue to exist, but are creatively dead.

Rather than collapsing, as would be predicted. India is not creatively dead, and China may be rebounding as we speak. Magian is so close to Western it's hard to say much, but compared to the West, it's trait is a kind of dynamic stability, never at peace, always the same.

>The West spawned itself. Certain Westerners just like to think there is some kind of continuity, because muh we is all europeans.

I tend to agree with the side that says the West grew right out of the Greco-Roman corpse, and incorporated Magian and world ideas during it's phase of world conquest. That is one of the unique traits of the West I left out in error, this odd humility when it comes to stealing good ideas.

>Yes, but what do fossil fuels have to do with anything? That just shows the technological bent of the West, a dictator could rise regardless of whether we have endleas fossil fuels or solar panels.

I'd say it's what allowed the West to remain world hegemon for as long as it has, in the form that it has, the indirect control of today over the 'integrated core' (maybe you know Thomas PM Barnett, I find Spenglerfags like myself often do). No fossil fuels, if they missed out by -this- much as maybe the Song Chinese and Romans did, then I don't think the world would still be dominated by the West, we'd be on a decline already.

>The ones we know least about, the ones I think Spenglerites project onto.
Granted, sources are scanty. However, the general pattern of development can be discerned with ease. Unfortunately we aren't able to write many detailed histories (personalities, events).

Sumerians -> Akkadians (Autumn) -> Babylonians(/Kassites...) (Winter) - almost runs parallel to the Egyptians
Mesoamerica is more traceable via the development of its art (Spanish having destroyed much of their literature)

>Rather than collapsing, as would be predicted. India is not creatively dead, and China may be rebounding as we speak. Magian is so close to Western it's hard to say much, but compared to the West, it's trait is a kind of dynamic stability, never at peace, always the same.
Spengler never says that old civilisations necessarily collapses. In fact he used terms like Egypticism and Mandarinism to refer to culturally petrified states of existence. India doesn't seem to be doing anything it either hasn't done before or that isn't simply imitating the West, which has such worldwide power. The historical thinking of the Chinese gives them more the appearance of orderliness, so they're bound to do well in purely practical terms over the long run. The Magians are religion obsessed, hence the continual sectarianism and whatnot. The Jews are doing alright via the US lobbies and suchlike, though.

>I tend to agree with the side that says the West grew right out of the Greco-Roman corpse, and incorporated Magian and world ideas during it's phase of world conquest. That is one of the unique traits of the West I left out in error, this odd humility when it comes to stealing good ideas.
I don't buy it. Sure, a lot of outer forms were "borrowed" from neighbouring areas. However, an entirely different world-feeling ("Faustian") shaped those forms to its own liking. It was the Germanics that formed the political elite across the West. The Germanics also kept their paganism for longer, which would have been the historically significant religion had Christianity never been heard of.

>I'd say it's what allowed the West to remain world hegemon for as long as it has, in the form that it has, the indirect control of today over the 'integrated core' (maybe you know Thomas PM Barnett, I find Spenglerfags like myself often do). No fossil fuels, if they missed out by -this- much as maybe the Song Chinese and Romans did, then I don't think the world would still be dominated by the West, we'd be on a decline already.
I've heard of it. I'll look into it, thanks. I agree with the technological edge of the West having given it so much power to globally dominate. There is the issue, though, of the threat to existence of Western politics through the backdoor: non-Western immigration (not strictly a racial thing).

Spengler was a hack.

t.hack

>I've heard of it. I'll look into it, thanks. I agree with the technological edge of the West having given it so much power to globally dominate. There is the issue, though, of the threat to existence of Western politics through the backdoor: non-Western immigration (not strictly a racial thing).

Damn it. Run into interesting user and have to go.

Not quitting argument, but have to quit internet for the night.

Laters. Catch you on Veeky Forums some time.

Sure thing. Smell ya later.

One interesting thing about the Mesoamericans (the Mayans at least) is that they collapsed without any outside help.

>One interesting thing about the Mesoamericans (the Mayans at least) is that they collapsed without any outside help.

That appears to have been the case with the southern Mayans, for whatever speculated reason (typically environmental theories). The north (Yucatan) continued on (Uxmal, Chichen Itza, Mayapan). There were, of course, the central Mexican polities (Toltec, Aztec...).

Hunac Ceel seems to have played the Caesar role amongst the later Mayans. That whole getting thrown down a well thing is quite the story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunac_Ceel

Just like west will

Caesar was neither the end of Rome nor the end of classical western civiliztion

This, the West only exists thanks to Germanics

>England = Land of the Anglo-Saxons
>France = Land of the Franks

The two greatest European nations both have Germanic roots