Reminder to enable 2fa, wallet whitelisting, and ip whitelisting on bittrex

Reminder to enable 2fa, wallet whitelisting, and ip whitelisting on bittrex.

My account was just compromised and I suspect bittrex may have some kind of vulnerability.

bittrex is the most suspect exchange I know of. I refuse to use it outright.

Can you only enable 2fa on coinbase or somewhere else as well?

I've been using it without a problem for about 6 months. Not sure what I will do now. I'm thoroughly shaken up.

Lost 60 bucks of btc this way. Withdrew some a few days ago an it sent a second withdraw to some random other wallet that's not mine.

Learned the hard way, but now everything is white listed and 2fa.

Also I only invest in shit coins now. No one is gonna steal all my lsk.

>>not enabling 2FA when you first sign up

its like you were just asking to lose money lmao

get rekt

My account had 2fa nerd. It didn't even prompt my phone for a login either.

So you log at b small l ttrex instead of bittrex

I didn't download anything malicious, no phishing, no nothing. My 2fa didn't prompt my phone, my login notification didn't go to my email.

Coins are all gone. I'm hoping it's just an error on bittrex part.

How did you lose

>Do you use Google Auth?
>Was your phone connected to the internet during the time your funds were withdrawn?

4.4 btc. Thankfully I've still quadrupled my initial investment with what I keep in cold storage.
Yes and Yes. Once again I had no idea this happened even though I have every possible safeguard I was aware of.

Anyway I have to go back to bed now.

>My 2fa didn't prompt my phone
Does your phone still take calls? I hear scammers are simply calling up phone providers and getting random people's numbers rerouted these days.

Further reminder not to trust (((exchanges))) but rather use gentleman's agreements on forums such as this one.

It does take calls and yes I have been getting calls from strange numbers recently I wonder if that's related.

Really gotta try and sleep now.

2fa email authentication is safer than phone. it's so easy to spoof phone # these days ;)

All you faggots that are scared of losing their butt coins.

Just transfer it to another wallet like metamask.

You shouldn't be storing stacks on exchanges anyway. use your brains dummies.

Anything that isn't a cold storage wallet ends up getting compromised far more often than exchanges.

Ehhhhhh.... I don't think so.

Exchanges are the jackpot. They are primary targets. I lost plenty on exchanges. They shouldn't be trusted. Because shit ((("mysteriously'"))) disappears. At exchanges you are at the mercy of the people who run them.

So i strongly disagree with you. For all i know is that you work for some exchange.

Jaxx had a compromise. I remember that one other shit wallet that a group of white hats took all the money from. A few online wallets with devs that went rogue. This is just in the last few months compared to a few years ago with one exchange.

I'm not arguing that software wallets aren't vulnerable.

But compared to a exchange. I think something like metamask blows it out of the water.

"MetaMask always stores your seed phrase encrypted with your password, so we have a slight advantage in that an attacker with full access to your computer would also need you to have MetaMask unlocked to have a chance of using your accounts. This could also be done by recording your MetaMask password and having total control of your computer."