Like dudes how is this an indo European language? It just looks like average desert squiggles to me

Like dudes how is this an indo European language? It just looks like average desert squiggles to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabataean_alphabet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_(grammar)#Variation_among_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look at Romanian or Armenian language and tell me that isn't a mess of squiggles and lines as well

Romanian is a romance language, clue is in the name

>alphabet
>language

Pick 1 brainlet

The writting is arabic script with some small variations, of fucking course it doesn't "look" indo-european. You know you can write english using arabic script, right?

They had cool tricks in the language so from there came the word romantic but that has little do with their alphabet

Bros my entire family speaks Dari (Afghan Persian) and I want to learn a new language, should I stick with Duolingo Swedish (bcuz it's easy) or branch out and try to learn this?
/int/ was no help

If you learned to speak Dari it would probably make you a shoe-in for a job in foreign policy. So I'd recommend it if you like that idea.

So I guess Russian and Greek aren't indo-European either. Dumbass.

That's what my dad says, he even could've joined a government agency (he turned 20 right around the mid eighties so fuck yeah Dari would've been useful) but his parents wanted him to stay home

I might do that but I'm more of a "fuck yeah fuck the government muh freedoms" type, we'll see how the pay is

''Desert squiggles'' KEK

Should it be easy to learn then?

Elementary when you have linguist vision.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabataean_alphabet

this is the most american post on Veeky Forums right now

How the fuck is this an IE language rofl

The script or the language? I've tried to learn both farsi and arabic and the first is way easier and less alien.

The script is actually kind of relatively easy compared to what you could expect. They look weird but each letter is just precisely this, a letter like in our alphabet. It's not like japanese or chinese.

Հայկական այբուբենը ամենից լավոտա

How is Arabic harder?

Not him, but I imagine the grammatical structures of Farsi are more sensical to an English speaker than the grammatical structures of Arabic.

t. learning Arabic right now

It's definitely harder for an IE speaker, because of strange grammar rules (like this "al-X" thing), and completely allien vocabulary. Farsi is more similiar to English (and even much more to Russian) than Arabic.

Thanks fellas, I think I might learn Farsi now.

Excuse me?

I was talking to an Afghan onetime and he told how learning Arabic in school was easier than Pashtun which he said he and his classmates gave up on.

al = the

As a Farsi and Arabic speaker, let me tell that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

>when you get a Greek to create an alphabet for the Slavic 'language'

the definite article al- is far from the most difficult aspect of arabic grammar for native english speakers. what's actually hard to wrap your mind around (but also extremely fascinating) is the consonant-root-based grammar, especially the verbal system.

bring back glagolitic desu

this. The Arabic alphabet is related to the Latin alphabet. The letter L is the same and comes from the same Pheoncian root

Arabic grammar is all over the place and very alien to a IE speaker. Farsi grammar not only feels less alien to IE speakers but is overall pretty simple even compared to other IE languages (like basically every romance or german with all the weird cases).

You don't belong in Sweden. Get out!

looks like pidgin language

You don't belong on this board
And why would I go to that shithole, ever
I prefer muh guns and muh freedom thank you

The "Pheoncian root" is not Indo-European, it's Semitic.

Greek employs frequent use of the definite article even more than in English which is why New Testament and other Greek literature translations have to make choices about keeping it or not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_(grammar)#Variation_among_languages

In Syriac the challenge is the opposite because it lacks the definite article and one must analyze the definiteness or indefiniteness by other means.

alphabets are neither semitic nor indo-european, those classifications are used for language families

> arabic
> alphabet

GET OUT SPARTAN

I think the most distinct trait is the abjad system

>sandnigger
>learn swedish

like pottery

>geographical illiterate snow nigger
>doesn't understand that Afghanistan is a mountainous country that IS NOT in the middle east and IS NOT entirely desert
Persian blood built the modern world fucktard

I'm learning Swedish because it's most similar to English, I have no intention of ever visiting Swedistan

>L is the same
>looks like J

faggot (inb4 you reply that a faggot is actually a bundle of sticks so you aren't insulted)

> Afghan LARPing as Persian

bundle of sticks
nigger can you read, I said "Persian blood" Persians are slightly different culturally but genetically we're all the same indo-iranic peoples

Leave Sweden

Grammar is different. Farsi and English have more similar grammar

D-do you not know what an alphabet is, user?

I have never been to Swedistan and never intend to, read the thread before posting

>because it's most similar to English
That would be French

gimmie dat gif where he's shaking on his chair looking like hila busted his nut

script ≠ language
Indo-European languages come from Proto-Indo-European, ostensibly, which wasn't a written language at all. Then, after the languages began to diverge, people started writing shit down. Some of them with very weird alphabets/scripts. You gotta remember Greek, Sanskrit, and Hindi are all Indo-European too; their relationship predates writing, is all.

>just vowels
non-Arab but still had to learn for school
>learned those lines on the top, bottom, and "و"
>find out real-life Arabic doesn't use them too
How do I learn your language, habibi?

Similar to how you learn English. Usually you know that there's a vowel in a given word, but more often than not you have to learn its pronounciation by heart. And there's more vowels in English than Arabic too.

But yeah. I've discovered that often I can pronounce a Persian word correctly without knowing the vowels beforehand, just because it's similar to other similarly written words. But with Arabic-based words in English it's much harder to make a guess.

Are all whites this retarded?
The writing system you are using(similar to the religion you pay lipservice to) came from black-haired, turbaned, desert, maritime trading Phoenicians of modern-day Lebanon, Palestine, and Syria. Mayomonkeys, when will they learn?

Afghanis are unironically more subhuman than Somalis. You have nothing to be proud of